Sign in to follow this  
Christoph

LEGO Space Shuttle in Space

Sorry, this is a bit off topic and has maybe been posted somewhere else. But it is so appropriate for re-vitalizing the SciFi forum, it definitely motivated me. This is what dreams are made of...

Edit: I don't manage to embed a video, which is particularly embarrissing in the science (fiction) forum...

Edited by SI-mocs
Embedded video

That's pretty cool.

I'm surprised the shuttle kept together for that long.

Though it didn't have that warm and fuzzy feeling I got when I watched those teenagers launch the minifig in space.

Maybe the shuttle just needed a giant Canadian Flag on it :laugh:

Yes, that is a very interesting video to watch, and for some reason LEGO has always manged to make it into space itself. :laugh:

Like with Biff, Sandy on the Mars Rover and who can forgot those three metallic minifigs they attached to a probe, one of them being styled as Galileo.

Yes, that is a very interesting video to watch, and for some reason LEGO has always manged to make it into space itself. :laugh:

Like with Biff, Sandy on the Mars Rover and who can forgot those three metallic minifigs they attached to a probe, one of them being styled as Galileo.

The figures, representing Roman gods Jupiter and Juno, and astronomer Galileo, are machined from aluminum and are the normal size for Lego minifigures.

806-1.png

They also did a DVD that carries nearly 4 million names collected by NASA in the "Send Your Name to Mars" project. At the center of the DVD is a Lego "astrobot" minifigure that allows children to follow the mission via the astrobot diaries of Biff Starling and Sandy Moondust. Magnets on the outer edge of the DVD will collect dust for student analysis, and children can also decode the hidden message in the black dashes around the edges of the DVD.

PIA05016_br.jpg

Edited by -zenn

I think this deserves its own topic in the LEGO General Discussion forum, so I will move it there.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png