Redhead1982

Dark green town house

indexed.gif B-RM-5E

After a long time, I finally managed to put together another modular building, this time a 16 wide one. I went for a 16 wide building so I could build it in a shorter time and use some non-abundant colours from my colection, but in the end it took me more than 2 months to finish it off anyway. I guess I can admit publicly that I'm a slow builder. :blush:

To get to the topic, the house from the front looks like this. It has a stone foundations from the Derfel Cadarn's era. I continued with the 'stone' work on the top floor around the little balcony.

dark_green_modular_house_17.jpg

The house can be divided into 4 sections, all modestly furnished.

dark_green_modular_house_22.jpg

My favourite detail of this building is the bay window in the middle floor.

dark_green_modular_house_25.jpg

This window was the centre of the build, and the rest of the house was more or less built around it. I included it as in my opinion a bay window can make a great space for sitting, reading or observing the street. :blush:

dark_green_modular_house_20.jpg

The terace at the back of the house has a similar stone foundation. It's a place for leisure while enjoying a chocolate shake with cream.

dark_green_modular_house_26.jpg

The sliding doors lead to the kitchen in the first floor. There is room for only the basics (a table with two chairs, a fridge, a stove and an oven, some cupboards and a sink) in the kitchen.

dark_green_modular_house_14.jpg

The spiral stairs lead to the second floor, namely a living room. There's a TV, a coffe table and a couch.

dark_green_modular_house_04.jpg

Also, as I include bookshelves in almost all my houses, I tried to made them differently in a corner fashion with offset shelves.

dark_green_modular_house_06.jpg

I also tried another technique for a couch, and I made it in a style of a sofa-bed, so visitors are welcome to spend a night on the couch.

dark_green_modular_house_01.jpg

From this point, the bay window looks a great place to put some flowers or sit down to read a book. The spiral stairs lead to the third floor's bedroom.

dark_green_modular_house_12.jpg

The bedroom is even more simpler due to lack of space. I tried different combinations for the furniture. The final touch to this room is the exotic flower in the pot that turns into a green snake at night. :laugh:

Since I somehow make new topics for showing my MOCs on holidays, let me conclude with a 'Happy March 8th' to all FFOLs out here. Hope you enjoyed it! :sweet:

I'm impressed! I like this a lot. The exterior is very, very nice, with that bay window feature, and the dark green, white, light bley and black for the facade works perfectly. The interior is just as good, with loads of neat details, my favourites being the simple floor lamp, the bookshelf and that brilliant sofa bed - great idea! Love the yellow and lime tiling on the ground floor as well.

The only thing I'd change, is the (bright?) green front door - in my opinion, it doesn't work with the dark green walls. I'd go for a black door instead.

EDIT: Just noticed the flower beds. Like!

Edited by L@go

A lovely three storey house ' Redhead1982 ', only a bathroom is missing, but that yellow and green floor is wonderful. :sweet:

Brick On ' Redhead1982 ' ! :classic:

This is really beautiful! I actually really like the Bright Green front door, though my favorite details are the bookshelf and the brilliant use of the snake as an exotic plant. :thumbup:

I know about that. :sceptic: I never get enough space for a bathroom, so when there's a need, my minifigs just go and use the neighbour's bathroom. :sweet: That one has everything they need.

...only a bathroom is missing...

About the green door, they are a bit bright, but I couldn't figure it out what colour would go best with them . So I went for different greens, but I just might try black ones. Probably DBG would be my first choice, but I don't have any. :cry_sad:

EDIT: bad spelling

Edited by Redhead1982

Just wonderful - I really like all the details inside and out. Especially the spiral stair!

BRgds

Bregir

Really a beautiful house, nice colors and architecture on the outside, lovely details on the inside! :thumbup:

Probably DBG would be my first choice, but I don't hay any. :cry_sad:

Nobody has, according to BrickLink. :)

I know about that. :sceptic: I never get enough space for a bathroom, so when there's a need, my minifigs just go and use the neighbour's bathroom. :sweet: That one has everything they need.

Do the occupants of the DGTH have to go outside to use the neighbor's bathroom, or is there a secret passage? :grin::blush:

About the green door, they are a bit bright, but I couldn't figure it out what colour would go best with them . So I went for different greens, but I just might try black ones. Probably DBG would be my first choice, but I don't have any. :cry_sad:

EDIT: bad spelling

I like the bright green door, it draws attention to the entryway.

Great building I look forward to each of your new modulars, you never disappoint. Your modulars are always so detailed, both inside and outside. So many details.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I like that house a lot. Something about it reminds me of classic town, maybe it's the plain walls in the front, they don't have so many fancy details like most other modulars. Sometimes less is more! The sliding doors in the kitchen are a very nice touch, just like the book shelf.

But I have to admit, I don't like the color of the tiling in the kitchen very much. It looks like someone scattered dozens of slices of cheese all over the floor :blush: I think I would prefer a white-lime combo instead, but then you would have to change the color of the furniture as well.

Edited by BrickBox

One has to go outside the DGTH house to use the bathroom. I know... :thumbdown: A secret passage would be a great solution, but then the whole neighbourhood uses the same bathroom, there would be just too many secret passages. :laugh:

Do the occupants of the DGTH have to go outside to use the neighbor's bathroom, or is there a secret passage? :grin::blush:

And thanks for the nice comments, everyone. I find it interesting, as some people like the green door and the lime/yellow tiling, whereas the others don't. My plan was to make a house more colourful, and since dark green is not so lively, I included the bright tiles.

Oooh. That is very nice - the interior very much so. There's a lot of little details there, and excellent (and recognisable) furniture design as well - the sofa-bed being an IKEA product, for example (a Bäddinge sofa-bed).

Very nice craftmanship on this one.:thumbup:

I like the choice of dark green for the exterior and the stone work is a nice touch. The patio area looks cool.

Your interiors are always amazing. Always. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Your spiral stairs is really interesting! and what a GREEN building!

i thought ur use of so many round 1x1 plates is really good!

Very nice modular MOC! :thumbup:

The front side is impressive but the balcony on the back side is what I like the most! :wub:

Great use of round plates 1x1 for the stone effect and for the inner furniture :blush:

As mentioned in the first post, the 1x1 round plates were inspired by Derfel Cadarn's Guide. I think they're great for stone foundations as seen in DC's MOCs, so I went ahead to use it as a stone foundations for modular houses. I have to admit, this style is growing on me. :blush:

i thought ur use of so many round 1x1 plates is really good!

I live in a flat with no terace/balcony, and that is something I miss. So all my modulars are a sort of manifestation of something I'd like to have...including a little back terace. :sweet:

The front side is impressive but the balcony on the back side is what I like the most! :wub:

Great use of round plates 1x1 for the stone effect and for the inner furniture :blush:

And thanks for the nice compliments. :blush:

The dark green looks fantastic on a 16 stud modular. I think it's the first I've seen! Very nice work. The bright green door was a risky choice, but I like it quite a bit (black would look great also, but bright green adds character!).

One has to go outside the DGTH house to use the bathroom. I know... :thumbdown: A secret passage would be a great solution, but then the whole neighbourhood uses the same bathroom, there would be just too many secret passages. :laugh:

Since the whole neighborhood uses one bathroom, maybe the neighborhood should have a three story building that is *just* bathrooms. :laugh:

Andy D

:laugh: Who knows...might be my next project. :laugh:

Since the whole neighborhood uses one bathroom, maybe the neighborhood should have a three story building that is *just* bathrooms. :laugh:

Andy D

Really like the yellow/green floor tiles, the bookcases add a nice feel and that sofa-bed design is oneI may have to use myself, very neat idea.

Another lovely modular! Love the patio area out back, the bookcases, sofa, and design of all of it.

Your work is wonderful and refreshing! Thanks!