LCC-CIC-The Martels' House

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

This was made for the CIC over at LCC (Lands of Classic Castle)

Pepin Martel is the son of Charles "the hammer" Martel, and his wife Marie. Charles is a master craftsmen a fact he proudly displays on his house. He earned his title "the hammer" when a gang of thieves attacked him and some other craftsmen while they were working. They surely would have been slain, being far outnumbered. But Charles sprung upon the brigand's leader and with one blow smote him down. The other thieves seeing this fled. To this day he has kept that hammer to remind him what bravery can do.

Pepin is 13 yrs. old, and Charles decided to apprentice him out instead of teaching Pepin himself, so that Pepin isn't given any unfair advantages and to teach him independence. Pepin is excited about his apprenticeship to a master craftsman, and is seen here about to set off on his journey.

The Martels' gardener has served them faithfully many years, and is sad to see Pepin leaving.

Here is the Martels' house

Posted Image

More pictures including a full interior are here <iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?user_id=66620538@N04&set_id=72157629535263869" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500"></iframe>

Any feedback,criticism, or advice welcome!  :classic:

Credit for the roof design goes to DC  :thumbup:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, Watchman, Protector, Frost Berserker, Manager, Gatekeeper, and Strategic Heavy Weight in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#2 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Doesn't like cherry talk

Member: 18405

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Looks pretty nice, although the two sides don't match up.

My Flickr

I've done a lot of Mafia games over the years. Somehow, I haven't improved at all.

Scott. Great Scott, if you will.

Working on...another...Mafia...story...

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostJackJonespaw, on 07 March 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Looks pretty nice, although the two sides don't match up.

There is a slight difference, though I'm not really sure why, they should sit even.  :blush:
But that is one of the costs of putting an interior in it  :tongue:

Edit: After looking at it, it must not have been sitting level. The vertical difference is practically nil in real life.

Edited by soccerkid6, 07 March 2012 - 11:21 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, Watchman, Protector, Frost Berserker, Manager, Gatekeeper, and Strategic Heavy Weight in the Guilds of Historica
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#4 Sirens-of-Titan

Sirens-of-Titan

• Future tiler

Member: 4341

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

The house is great and I like that you've done a DC inspired roof!  :thumbup: I think the biggest improvement is photo quality; these are really good!  :classic:

Keep up the builds!  :thumbup:
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
— Terry Pratchett

My MOC Pages
My Flickr

#5 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostSirens-Of-Titan, on 08 March 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

The house is great and I like that you've done a DC inspired roof!  :thumbup: I think the biggest improvement is photo quality; these are really good!  :classic:

Keep up the builds!  :thumbup:
Thanks! :sweet:  I took these pictures on my solar porch.  I came up with an idea for the 3rd challenge, so I will be starting that soon.

Edited by soccerkid6, 19 July 2012 - 01:55 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users