LegoMyMamma

MOC: Friends Express Train

Friends Express Train carries passengers around the HeartLake while they enjoy refreshments in the Cafe Caboose.

6959309093_2bb05dc06b.jpg

[/url]

Olivia is the Engineer

6959292257_f1db66be56.jpg

Friends Express Train ~ full view side & top.

6959245181_f1932d2b78.jpg

Engine's top view of solar panels, as the Engine is a solar-electric hybrid. The battery with capacitor cap is on top of the engine.

6959261257_53e43348b7.jpg

Powder-room Car, since there's no need for a coal tender.

This car is accessible from engine or cafe caboose.

Butterfly antennas have solar tubes to heat the water for the washing-up.

There's a sink, soap, towel rack, mirror, and commode.

6813097750_bf75174c5c.jpg

Powder-room Car, view with roof off.

6959253415_66e924d84f.jpg

Friends Express Train has a Cafe in its Caboose, which Marie stocks with healthy muffins, fruit and Pink Lemonade.

6959184463_d7666567e2.jpg

Cafe Caboose - view with roof off - Marie checks on the Pink Lemonade dispenser,

while Emma takes photos.

Andrea chats with Anna & Peter - Olivia's parents.

6813064070_af40b9c757.jpg

Cafe Caboose - the backdoor steps.

6959162501_9e1a1907c5.jpg

A still-frame image of the train passing by some flora and fauna in the

Video of the train rolling on tracks!

Hope you enjoyed the ride on the Friends Express :classic:

Additional photos in the

This is the first train I've built in a long time -- it was a lot of fun

and reminded me of how technical electric trains can be -- of course 9V are my favorite,

yet, I suppose PF ones are more versatile.

The most wonderful and cute Friend's MOC yet 'MyLegoMamma' :sweet: , a huge :thumbup: to it's original design. :grin:

Oh, please tell me there will be a train station....oh, yeah and an animal train coming ? :sweet:

Brick On with your Friend's 'MyLegoMamma' ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Stunning LEGO Train MOC LMM! First, let me say that it's always a pleasure to have a lady visit our Train Tech forum. Further, to have you share this beautiful Friends train with us is a real treat and something quite different from the standard passenger train.

The colors are simply fab and capture the Friends theme perfectly. I especially like the passenger car (Cafe Caboose - cute) with the many details. Excellent back door design and an eye-catching roof.

I also like the purple solar-electric engine. In fact, that's a great concept for the more environmentally conscious.

By the pictures, I was honestly trying to figure out what that middle car was, then read the description - the Powder Room car. Staying true to the theme, a perfect car for a train of this variety - quite clever indeed.

Overall, having this HeartLake Friends Express visit Train Tech is a real honor. Thank you for sharing and please look for additional mention in the near future. :wink: Fantastic idea and a really nice design. :thumbup:

Thanks for the refreshing and original new train look I have not yet seen before.

I think your set is very true to the theme. I will show it to my girls.

Good work!

Well I did not need to spend too much effort on getting my two girls into Lego trains, this just seals it. Friends is an excellent line to get more girls into Lego andhas certainly got my two hooked. Still getting my head around a possible pink train but hey whatever makes them happy.

Nice MLP: Friends is Magic MOC, 'LegoMyMamma'! :grin: I love the varied use of "girl" colors, especially the purple!

Edited by just2good

Nice MLP: Friends is Magic MOC, 'LegoMyMamma'! :grin: I love the varied use of "girl" colors, especially the purple!

I read the topic title and my mind jumped immediately to "Friendship Express." I didn't see what I expected, but was not let down. The color scheme is really striking for a train (not to mention reminiscent of a certain egghead pony...).

Haha fantastic!

Really clever use of colouring and super fun all around :thumbup:

Very original train! :tongue:

I love that purple locomotive ...this color scheme is absolutely uncommon and cute! :wub:

Thanks :sweet: My first build had the purple blended with azure blue and a bit of yellow; it was too distracting. The black seems to showcase the purple better.

The most wonderful and cute Friend's MOC yet 'MyLegoMamma' :sweet: , a huge :thumbup: to it's original design. :grin:

Oh, please tell me there will be a train station....oh, yeah and an animal train coming ? :sweet:

Brick On with your Friend's 'MyLegoMamma' ! :sweet:

A train station you say?? Hmmm ... :wink:

Fortunately 'markg' made an Easter train which should satisfy your "animal train" craving :laugh:

Awww! It's just adoreable. :wub: I really like the caboose/dining car... I may have to steal adapt the design for my purposes. :tongue:

Glad you like it -- a Dining Caboose seems ordinary to me -- guess I've eaten at lots of track-side cafes, which were actual Caboose cars turned into restaurants :thumbup:

Stunning LEGO Train MOC LMM! First, let me say that it's always a pleasure to have a lady visit our Train Tech forum. Further, to have you share this beautiful Friends train with us is a real treat and something quite different from the standard passenger train.

The colors are simply fab and capture the Friends theme perfectly. I especially like the passenger car (Cafe Caboose - cute) with the many details. Excellent back door design and an eye-catching roof.

I also like the purple solar-electric engine. In fact, that's a great concept for the more environmentally conscious.

By the pictures, I was honestly trying to figure out what that middle car was, then read the description - the Powder Room car. Staying true to the theme, a perfect car for a train of this variety - quite clever indeed.

Overall, having this HeartLake Friends Express visit Train Tech is a real honor. Thank you for sharing and please look for additional mention in the near future. :wink: Fantastic idea and a really nice design. :thumbup:

Really, I had no idea there weren't more Ladies around these tracks! All of my train rides on standard lines, as well as recreational & touristy, have included loads of females enjoying the trains and the rides :wub:

Thanks for the warm welcome and taking time to notice all the details of my train -- I try to implement real-world aspects in most of my creations. For me, it's not just aesthetic, yet also function. Getting both is even better :wink:

Thanks for the refreshing and original new train look I have not yet seen before.

I think your set is very true to the theme. I will show it to my girls.

Good work!

Since Friends is geared to girls, I would truly love to hear any feedback from your daughters! Thanks! :sweet:

Well I did not need to spend too much effort on getting my two girls into Lego trains, this just seals it. Friends is an excellent line to get more girls into Lego andhas certainly got my two hooked. Still getting my head around a possible pink train but hey whatever makes them happy.

Wonderful compliment! Inspiring other girls is one reason I enjoy building with these new bricks & colors. Just how well you gentlemen have received my train is proof-positive for me -- thanks! :sweet:

Would love to hear feedback from your daughters too!

Have they built their own trains now?

Front paged! :thumbup:

Just, wow. I am more than honored. Thanks for the vote of confidence in my creation. Let's hope we got more fans onto the right track of viewing the possibilities of these new sets, rather than any "perceived" limitations! :thumbup:

Glad you enjoy the colors. Maybe some MLP fans have gained building inspiration :laugh:

Very creative. I would never have thought of a powder room tender. :laugh:

Thanks! Since I used plates & wheel assemblies from an Express Train set I have, I thought the smaller plate would be ideal for me to try a Butterfly design (since that's part of the Friends' graphic representation). Plus, there wasn't room in the Caboose Cafe for a bathroom -- and with all that Pink Lemonade ... well ... :wink:

I read the topic title and my mind jumped immediately to "Friendship Express." I didn't see what I expected, but was not let down. The color scheme is really striking for a train (not to mention reminiscent of a certain egghead pony...).

Certainly glad my train got your imagination going! Even if it was down the wrong set of tracks :laugh:

Haha fantastic!

Really clever use of colouring and super fun all around :thumbup:

Clever & Fun is a great compliment -- thanks! :sweet:

Great work. :thumbup: I knew we would start seeing Freinds train MOCs sooner or later. :wink:

Edited by The Joker1

Great work. :thumbup: I knew we would start seeing Freinds train MOCs sooner or later. :wink:

Thanks! Yes, I am now seeing a few more people building them too. With summer Friends sets having a seaplane, speedboat, and RV Camper -- a train fits right into Heartlake City :sweet: