Sign in to follow this  
nesquik

Grand Emporium 10211 - Remaining Shelf Life?

Now that theTown Hall' has been introduced and we have three Modular buildings on sale, should we presume that the Grand Emporium is due to be discontinued any time soon? It's double VIP points now so I'll probably make a purchase, but I just thought it'd be good to track this product so others don't get caught out :classic:

The Fire Brigade is going to disappear first before the Grand Emporium does.

Based on past experience, the Grand Emporium wont disappear until the next modular comes out in 2013.

Now that theTown Hall' has been introduced and we have three Modular buildings on sale, should we presume that the Grand Emporium is due to be discontinued any time soon? It's double VIP points now so I'll probably make a purchase, but I just thought it'd be good to track this product so others don't get caught out :classic:

Like Jonwil said, the Fire Brigade is the oldest set and rumors abound that it will be going soon. You should be safe on Grand Emporium for a while yet. If you don't have the fire brigade I recommend you get it ASAP. Check brickset.com for the dates and you'll see how it generally works: http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Town&subtheme=Modular%20Buildings

Edited by cerebus76

We have four for the first time.

GE due to go Dec 2013. FB Dec 2012. From Lego customer service.

oh good , the lego store online is out stock right now , but the FB will be available again on march 24 .

I would love to see a modular Airport in the old style , including the airport ramp crew with white uniform and hat . including a good old 707 just to make it more nostalgic 70s or 80s airport

GE due to go Dec 2013. FB Dec 2012. From Lego customer service.

Is this the same LEGO Customer Service that gives out different dates (depending on who you talk to) for when the LEGO Star Wars Death Star will be discontinued?

Is this the same LEGO Customer Service that gives out different dates (depending on who you talk to) for when the LEGO Star Wars Death Star will be discontinued?

Death Star? No date set for that one my friend.....info is from a bit higher up than the a phone rep methinks given the track record so far.

Death Star? No date set for that one my friend.....info is from a bit higher up than the a phone rep methinks given the track record so far.

I was trying to be sarcastic, since I've read in different places how LEGO Customer Service and LEGO Store Employees have all said different dates for when the Death Star will be discontinued. Some of these dates have come to pass already and there's still no definite end yet.

I wouldn't trust the info from customer service if I were you. FB is backordered, AGAIN (within 6 months), so I wouldn't wait much longer.

As for GE, if you don't have one yet, you might want to get that one sooner than later.

I wouldn't trust the info from customer service if I were you. FB is backordered, AGAIN (within 6 months), so I wouldn't wait much longer.

As for GE, if you don't have one yet, you might want to get that one sooner than later.

Sign in to follow this