Faerie Flowers

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

• King and Queen of the Iron Throne

Member: 17453

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

Here's a magical portion of our forest! This was made for the Fairy Tale category of the MOCathalon, and the land of Avalonia. This is haven where faeries ride on little fireflies, and weave in an out of giant beautiful flowers.
Posted Image

The fireflies glow!
Posted Image

Here's a close up of one of the faeries and flower types.
Posted Image

Hope you guys like it!

Posted ImageYou found the magic invisible script! :D Posted Image

...................................Visit our Flickr! :)..........................................................................................Heroica RPG Stats.........

#2 Tazmaniac

Tazmaniac

• Swings in the right weather conditions

Member: 13585

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Looks great..I've been trying to find a use for that plate technique but it seems you beat me to it...great stuff!

May you be touched by his noodly appendage
Posted Image Posted Image
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials| Eurobricks FAQ

#3 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Wow. Just wow. There is too much awesome in this MOC, but I especially love the fireflies and the plate technique. It's only fitting you have two "MOC Expert" badges! :laugh:

#4 Niku

Niku

• Wants two initials

Member: 14912

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

It is simply fantastic the colors, the curves, the uses of wings pieces, the bugs, the scale, in conclusion is really magical.  :thumbup: :classic:

Posted Image

Spoiler

#5 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

• Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

This so aweome! How did you guys come up with this idea? I can't even understand some of the part connections. :thumbup:
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#6 Donut

Donut

• Ninja Poodle

Member: 2505

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

Wow, another stunning creation from you guys! I love the layout and the color distributions, there is just a very pleasing artistic aspect to your MOCs.

Using the punk rocker's hair for the pink flower is brilliant! :thumbup:

View Postprateek, on 05 March 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

It's only fitting you have two "MOC Expert" badges! :laugh:

It is the faeries' sorcery. :tongue:

#7 Angeli

Angeli

• Drow Master Builder

Member: 14156

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

magical ;)

#8 Lord Derfel Cadarn

Lord Derfel Cadarn

• Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.

Member: 5528

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Another stunning example of your magical fantasy style! So many great techniques, but the punk rocker's hair is my favourite. Really love the feel you are bringing to the Mystic Isles, its just as I had imagined. It a shame you are not more active in the guild, as Im sure theres lots of great ideas you could add to Avalonia. Brilliant as always :thumbup:
Posted Image     Posted Image                                                                          
                                    Lord Of The Dark Isle                 
                                                      My Flickr

#9 Balthasar

Balthasar

• Nocturnus Cartographer

Member: 24144

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

absolutely beautiful

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Count Balthasar Nero of the Nocturnus Guild ~ embassy in Mitgardia ~ interactive map of the Eastern Darklands

#10 Toadtorrent

Toadtorrent

Member: 14192

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

This is STUNNING...and soooo many clever techniques:
  • Punk rocker flowers
  • partial connection plate walkway
  • Stacked plate leaves

WOW WOW WOW!!

#11 Jareth

Jareth

Member: 15964

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

I agree, I'd love to steal some of these ideas, but I don't have the parts for everything.

It inspires me to look for other uses for parts however, and that's allways a good thing.
Build with what you have, not with what you want.

#12 SirSven7

SirSven7

• I'm back baby!

Member: 15308

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

This is such a beautiful idea and so very well made, the flowers are awesome  :thumbup: well done
Posted ImageSteve's Lego Blog
Sir Sven, Level 1 Knight
23-year old human male
Power: 4 Health: 10 Gold: 0
Inventory: Ancestors’ Sword(WP: 3),Ancestors' Shield (SP 2), Potion (2), Bedroll

#13 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Sweet! :sweet:  Great job on the flowers and the plate-technique!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#14 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Wow! Somehow it feels like you see the ABS bricks completly different from the rest of us!  :classic: The shapes that you manage to create with Lego is just breath taking! I just love the flowers and the crickets(is it the right word?)!

And I have to agree with the rest, you so deserve to have two badges with moc expert!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#15 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

• King and Queen of the Iron Throne

Member: 17453

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments and encouragement!

View PostDerfel Cadarn, on 05 March 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Another stunning example of your magical fantasy style! So many great techniques, but the punk rocker's hair is my favourite. Really love the feel you are bringing to the Mystic Isles, its just as I had imagined. It a shame you are not more active in the guild, as Im sure theres lots of great ideas you could add to Avalonia. Brilliant as always :thumbup:
I know! :,( I wish we were more active as well. Terribly sorry. Some moron (me) thought it would be brilliant to sign up for the MOCathalon. (Clarification, we like MOCpages and the competition. The 'moron' is referring to us not having much time lol) But we wont remain dormant, nor abandon our Faerie Forest until we aid Avalonia with more strength to fight against any Invaders!

View PostJareth, on 06 March 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

I agree, I'd love to steal some of these ideas, but I don't have the parts for everything.

It inspires me to look for other uses for parts however, and that's allways a good thing.

Feel free to use anything you'd like from our Flikr :) Happy to help, and if you think of it we are always grateful for a credit.

View Postde Gothia, on 07 March 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Wow! Somehow it feels like you see the ABS bricks completly different from the rest of us!  :classic: The shapes that you manage to create with Lego is just breath taking! I just love the flowers and the crickets(is it the right word?)!

And I have to agree with the rest, you so deserve to have two badges with moc expert!

View Postprateek, on 05 March 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Wow. Just wow. There is too much awesome in this MOC, but I especially love the fireflies and the plate technique. It's only fitting you have two "MOC Expert" badges! :laugh:
Thanks guys! Yeah Steph and I just realized this a week ago. Sadly still trying to learn the ins and outs of this very rich site :) Your encouragement means a lot!
Again, thanks everyone!

Posted ImageYou found the magic invisible script! :D Posted Image

...................................Visit our Flickr! :)..........................................................................................Heroica RPG Stats.........

#16 Cara

Cara

• Green Captain of the Flying Piranha

Member: 12904

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

This is gorgeous. That big flower is a delight with the curves. What did you use for the small blue flowers in the bottom right? Are they clickits? Very inspiring.
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun EgilsdĂłttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My Flickr Album
Obsessively forcing square bricks into round shapes.

#17 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

Your MOCs are just amazing! Your clever piece usage is always ingenious. The CMF Rocker hair as flowers,  :thumbup:. The white/trans flower is great. Everything is just fantastic.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#18 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

• No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness

Member: 4711

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

This is breath-taking!  You do such an amazing job of building things you would never expect to see in a MOC.  The flowers are truly awesome!  The whole concept is great, and you do a great job on every part.  The lightning bug picture is wonderful!  It's builds like this that just stun me.  There are some amazing builders within the normal concepts (houses, castles, trees, etc.) and then there are a few builders that are just on a different plane, like yourself (SoT's dragon in Chapter 6, and Lisqr's Misty Shrine come to mind) and you always do an amazing job with your builds.  Bravo!

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image

#19 Gabe

Gabe

• Green capital G

Member: 12135

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Agreed with what everyone else is saying - you guys are in a class of your own. I'm constantly blown away by the imagination and ingenuity in your builds, and this one's no exception. Brilliant stuff!  :wub:

ps. i'm struggling with time in the MocAthalon too... so you guys aren't alone! Best of luck for the last 10 days of speed building!  :wink:
Erudhalion Sansael for Kaliphlin! Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#20 C.J.Cutrone9

C.J.Cutrone9

Member: 22755

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

A little late, I know, but I keep coming back to this MOC looking at all the NPU, wonderfull connections and so forth. I just realized I forgot to comment on it. I sincerely love the flowers as they have moved away from the general "Lego" feel, and have migraded toward realisticness. I do have one question though, the flower on the bottom left, it's connection keeps stumping me, I simply can not figure out how you got it to connect with 3 pedals. I can see how you would have done 4, but not 3. Care to explain?
Avalonian Guildie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users