Arm printing

3 replies to this topic

#1 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

I was thinking the other day, why no short sleeve shirts, aka arm prints? I really don't know how the printing process works, other than what was on "Ultimate Factories". Why can't they just take a fleshie arm and put a color print on it to match the torso?
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#2 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

Member: 22977

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 03 March 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

I was thinking the other day, why no short sleeve shirts, aka arm prints? I really don't know how the printing process works, other than what was on "Ultimate Factories". Why can't they just take a fleshie arm and put a color print on it to match the torso?
The can, but (I guess) it is expensive to make. That is why it is only found (now) in the CMFs; that are made in China.

#3 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Member: 8841

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Something to note is that as of yet TLG can't print the entire surface of a minifigure arm. An example can be seen here on the Lumberjack. The plaid printing on his arms doesn't extend all the way across the shoulder. This would look awkward for a short-sleeved shirt print, like instead of a sleeve a person had part of a sleeve taped to the side of their arm.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostAanchir, on 03 March 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Something to note is that as of yet TLG can't print the entire surface of a minifigure arm. An example can be seen here on the Lumberjack. The plaid printing on his arms doesn't extend all the way across the shoulder. This would look awkward for a short-sleeved shirt print, like instead of a sleeve a person had part of a sleeve taped to the side of their arm.
Ah, good point. I suppose you gave me the answer I was looking for, they simply can't do it(for now).
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users