Inspection of the gates

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Member: 21005

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hello, this is something I build last weekend, I had fun making it, and may expand it in the future. Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, I only have access to my phone for them at the moment...

Lord Shale visits a city, and meets with Captain Gladius of the Elite Archers (which does not mean they only use bows!).

Posted Image

Posted Image
The Gate itself, it is guarded by two of the Elite Archers.

Posted Image
A shady character is dealing with a merchant who set his stall up outside the gates. Smart, since the gates are locked after dark, and everyone has to wait until morning to get in the city!

Posted Image
Someone has to do it...

Posted Image
The wall is well defended... The archers are precise and deadly, it would be stupid to cause any trouble outside the gates.

Posted Image
Lord Shale with his bodyguards, even though he does not fight himself. it does not mean he is helpless. His bodyguards are trained swordsmen, and their swords are razor-sharp!
Posted Image
Looks like someone did not get over their loss at the Drow Games...

Thanks very much for watching, I hope you enjoyed it, as much as I did building it. Comments, feedback and Criticism are greatly appreciated!

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Gabe

Gabe

• Griffin Master

Member: 12135

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Very nice! That's a pretty substantial wall/gate, it must be a fairly decent-sized city - Queenscross perhaps or Qarkyr? (Am i close?) The detail on the gates is great and so is the bustling scene with the traders. :thumbup: If i have a small suggestion, it might be to break up some of the smoothness of the wall - perhaps with butresses, small windows or variation in stonework, but it still looks pretty nice as is.

ps. Ah, poor Ignacio, i knew him well! He still looks pretty chipper in his disappointment though..  :wink:
Erudhalion Sansael, Admiral of the Kaliphlin fleet. Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Maxim I

Maxim I

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Nice scene!

The only thing I am not convinced of is the Gatedoors, but maybe it is because there is only one picture to look at :classic:

Haha, I couldn't stop laughing after seeing the last picture :thumbup: :laugh:

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

Check out my YouTube video: Gelukkig is er nu Openday.be

#4 robuko

robuko

• Robuko Innovation Kaliphlin

Member: 4643

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Very nice scene.  I like the massive regularity of the great stone wall.  The last scene is brilliant too, I'm glad he made it back to Kaliphlin!
:classic:
Rasputin Jones is restoring the King of Kaliphlin in Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 CptMugwash

CptMugwash

Member: 15677

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Great scene SC, loving all the details although the pooper scooper guy seems to be enjoying it a bit too much  :tongue:
The bricks you've used for the walls are a nice subtle touch.  Good job  :thumbup:

#6 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Member: 21005

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

View Postgabe, on 29 February 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

Very nice! That's a pretty substantial wall/gate, it must be a fairly decent-sized city - Queenscross perhaps or Qarkyr? (Am i close?) The detail on the gates is great and so is the bustling scene with the traders. :thumbup: If i have a small suggestion, it might be to break up some of the smoothness of the wall - perhaps with butresses, small windows or variation in stonework, but it still looks pretty nice as is.

Thanks! I have not decided what city it is yet, I do not think Qarkyr, as it is in the mountains... I'll think of something when I make the next MOC in this series. :blush: The wall was done intentional to make it look like an impenetrable wall, but you are right, the pictures in particular make it look bland. I think I might add a climbing plant, or maybe like a crack in the wall. What I would really like is the same brick in other earthy colours, but they do not exist, unfortunately

View PostDaMaximus, on 29 February 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Nice scene!

The only thing I am not convinced of is the Gatedoors, but maybe it is because there is only one picture to look at :classic:

Haha, I couldn't stop laughing after seeing the last picture :thumbup: :laugh:

Thanks! I was thinking about adding a few more pieces at the top of the gatedoors, but I do not have any more of those curved brown pieces.. May try to find a solution for that as well..

View Postrobuko, on 29 February 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Very nice scene. I like the massive regularity of the great stone wall. The last scene is brilliant too, I'm glad he made it back to Kaliphlin!
:classic:

Thanks much :classic:

View PostCptMugwash, on 29 February 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Great scene SC, loving all the details although the pooper scooper guy seems to be enjoying it a bit too much :tongue:
The bricks you've used for the walls are a nice subtle touch. Good job :thumbup:

Thanks! Perhaps the other guy told him a joke :tongue:

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Jareth

Jareth

Member: 15964

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Nice Build.  I really like the gates and the archway you made.
Build with what you have, not with what you want.

#8 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostScubacarrot, on 29 February 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Someone has to do it...
:laugh: lol

Great job overall. I like the gate. The wall is a bit smooth, but I've done ones like that too. You could add a pilaster on either side of the gate sticking out a bit, or a statue on either side of the gate, if you wanted to break up the smoothness at all. It still looks pretty good, and the pictures aren't bad for a phone.
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#9 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

Those walls are awesome but I can't figure out what pieces you used. I would love to see an entire city wall built like that as the walls look like they are made from solid stone blocks.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users