Yawgmoth

The Crimson Skull

[pid][/pid] 125B

Hello there mates!

This time I proudly present you, the Crimson Skull, made by a mix of 3~ redbeard runners and some other pieces I had on leftovers, now my Queen Anne's Revenge has an adversary big enough :pir-tongue:

Here are the pics, hope you enjoy it:

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

The deck sems a little empty because I had just enough cannons for 1 side of the ship, also I forgot to fill with coffers or barrels, etc :P

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

And, well.. the best is left for the final project of this wave of lots,.. upgrading the Black Seas Barracuda, today came my second BSB, the '89 version, the one shown before was the rerelease, soo.. I expect to work on it by the next weeks, when I happen to get some time. For now, that's it my friends, it was fun to build it, and even when I don't have enough pieces to complete some parts,...like more cannons, more plates for a second deck which is desperately needed!.. or more bricks in general to make the ship ...curvier xD.. hehe, cant remember the proper word for it, but well, I did everything I could to complete as much as I could this creation.

IMG_1438.jpg

Thanks for watching, and till the next time :pir-sweet:

:thumbup: nice ships

very good mixing of the sails of the readbeards, that makes the ship looks more experimented that the QAR

you said that you want to make more rounded (curvier), I Think its fine just like you did

... now I´m waiting to see you future Black Sea Barracuda, but, wich will be his captain? :pir-wink:

Already got that covered, but that my friend, it's a surprise that would be uncovered in its moment :pir-grin:

I like it! Feels like one of the classic sets, but with lots of cool additions! It's also always nice to see some interior, like yor cabin.

Expect it to be blogged very soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

If only the real red beard runner had been that good, really nice build I love how you have given the captian a cabin (something he never had in the orignal build :pir-cry_sad: ) can't wait to see your next one

I loved the Red Beard Runner, I must say, the deck is a bit empty and there's the weap point under the white slopes at the stern.

However, looking at the whole ship it has a good feel about it :pir-classic:

W00t !! It did got bloggued! :D thanks! I didn't expected it to get to the main page :O

Gotta work more on this and the QAR, both would be evolving as I get more bricks, specially a second deck!

Hehe, casually I have some spare time, guess I'm going to work on the BSB ^ ^

This is a huge improvement over the original Red Bear Runner. For a start I'm delighted you have given the ship a full complement of sail's as this was something that really bugged me about the original. I also like the fact you've given the ship a proper cabin, again a major improvement over the original which didn't even have one. I never really liked the skull at the rear but I think you did the right thing by preserving it as it probably wouldn't feel like the Red Beard Runner without it?

As mentioned I think you could maybe a add a little detail to the deck, maybe a place for the ammunition? There is certainly plenty of firepower, this thing can now outgun the Imperial Flagship!

there is something very evil about your ship! but i like! :pirate_skel1:

the cabin looks a lively place with some party going on!

Very impressive! Yet still classic-piratey!

What a spacious cabin Redbeard now has! Lucky fella'! Take that Brickbeard!

WOW.... I probably would have tried to keep as much of the origonal ship design intact as possible, but this is INREDIBLE!!! The Redbeard Runner was probably my First Big Lego Pirate ship.

I loved this MOC when you posted it but sadly pics doesn’t work now. Could you re-upload, yawgmoth? Thanks.

it was a great MOC Because it felt like an absolutely improved version of Red Beard Runner.

19 hours ago, Captain Roger said:

I loved this MOC when you posted it but sadly pics doesn’t work now. Could you re-upload, yawgmoth? Thanks.

it was a great MOC Because it felt like an absolutely improved version of Red Beard Runner.

Please, be careful when digging out old topics. This ship is from 2012, so it's been 8 years it has been posted. :pir-oh:

It's frequent links from old pictures from hosting websites don't work anymore. Of course, It's a shame, but we shouldn't ask to have them re uploaded anymore...

I know it's a bit sad; but there are so much beautiful and more recently published ships to look at in the forum !