Jump to content


Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest


142 replies to this topic

#101 Darkblane

Darkblane

    Posts: 107
    Joined: 15-May 10
    Member: 10682

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostWhiteFang, on 05 April 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

I think we are now left with less than 3 weeks!!! 'Hello', where are the Category B entries?  :look:

My entry for Category B is built and photographed ... just need to sort through the photos and upload them when I get some time ... which should hopefully be within the next few days.

Edited by Darkblane, 06 April 2012 - 11:47 AM.


#102 Oky

Oky

  • I am O-ky, English-German relations


    Posts: 8985
    Joined: 02-October 07
    Member: 2028
    Country: USA

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

Is CamelBoy68's Category B entry a qualifying entry? I thought it has to have a minifigure from one of the other series and isn't supposed to have a stand-in for the S6 minifig. :look:

Still working on my entry. The community builds were taking up all my MOCing time, but now that they're over, I should have enough time to finish up my entry.

#103 kciR

kciR

    Posts: 131
    Joined: 09-January 10
    Member: 8981
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

I just uploaded my cat. A entry and I've already started my cat. B entry.  :classic:
The core of the concept has been build, I only have to make it more attractive ;)

#104 CamelBoy68

CamelBoy68

    Posts: 210
    Joined: 21-June 10
    Member: 11582
    Country: UK

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostOky, on 07 April 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Is CamelBoy68's Category B entry a qualifying entry? I thought it has to have a minifigure from one of the other series and isn't supposed to have a stand-in for the S6 minifig. :look:

Still working on my entry. The community builds were taking up all my MOCing time, but now that they're over, I should have enough time to finish up my entry.


Rule 8 from the front page:

All LEGO Minfigures including licensed minifigures such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc; are allowed.

I took that to mean at least one minifig should be used but not the S6 one that the scene relates to... :sceptic:

Edited by CamelBoy68, 07 April 2012 - 12:35 PM.

Posted Image

   Please support this project at: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/71401


Check out my Flickr page or my Blog


#105 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

  • Help Me Build Hogwarts!


    Posts: 2100
    Joined: 12-June 11
    Member: 18405
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

As Easter's coming up, can we do a religious themed creation? Or is there some rule against that. I just don't want to offend anyone.

#106 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Light old blue grey!


    Posts: 2167
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostCamelBoy68, on 07 April 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Rule 8 from the front page:

All LEGO Minfigures including licensed minifigures such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc; are allowed.

I took that to mean at least one minifig should be used but not the S6 one that the scene relates to... :sceptic:

I think you're supposed to have a minifig from one of the 5 previous series to interact with your imaginary S6 figure, in addition to whatever other minifigs you want to include (see rule 1). You could just switch your alien out with the S3 alien (if you have that) and you're good :sweet:

View PostCecilie, on 05 April 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Think out of the box :wink:. I have an idea for an entry, but still working out the details...

And done, entry posted :grin:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#107 CamelBoy68

CamelBoy68

    Posts: 210
    Joined: 21-June 10
    Member: 11582
    Country: UK

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostCecilie, on 08 April 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

I think you're supposed to have a minifig from one of the 5 previous series to interact with your imaginary S6 figure, in addition to whatever other minifigs you want to include (see rule 1). You could just switch your alien out with the S3 alien (if you have that) and you're good :sweet:



And done, entry posted :grin:


All done, thanks.   :classic:

Posted Image

   Please support this project at: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/71401


Check out my Flickr page or my Blog


#108 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 15895
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

View PostJackJonespaw, on 07 April 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

As Easter's coming up, can we do a religious themed creation? Or is there some rule against that. I just don't want to offend anyone.
It's alright to post it as long you are not intend to do anything hostile or rude.

View PostCamelBoy68, on 08 April 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

All done, thanks.   :classic:
I haven't see the previous entry of yours, but it looks fine. Perhaps, I will like you to add a better written description to let us know where Lady Liberty is, after the S3 Alien minifig took over her position.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#109 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 15895
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

To all contestants, please try and finalise your entries and as much as possible, refrain from editing it further! Thank you.

Please note of the existing deadline. I may or may not extend the deadline, but don't attempt to test it. Thank you.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#110 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 20-February 12
    Member: 26763
    Country: Canada

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostWhiteFang, on 15 April 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

To all contestants, please try and finalise your entries and as much as possible, refrain from editing it further! Thank you.

Please note of the existing deadline. I may or may not extend the deadline, but don't attempt to test it. Thank you.
I just need to photograph my entry. I'll have the new version up tomorrow or the next day.

Posted Image


#111 TrumpetKing

TrumpetKing

  • O type hirrobly


    Posts: 1445
    Joined: 20-March 12
    Member: 27420
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

WhiteFang, I have been wondering, why is there a rule that you can vote only if you have joined prior to the contest? This question was just something that popped up in my mind, and I have been curious for a while. Thanks a lot.

Edited by TrumpetKing67, 15 April 2012 - 10:02 PM.

Currently playing as Trevor Knowles, Nuclear Engineer in jamesn and Tamamono's Red Menace Mafia

Isaac - FabuGirl - Trisha - TrumpetKing67 - Diane - Li'l TrumpetKing - Twatty Tittlesteen - Usurper - Tristan Kingsley - Mercutio Robertson - Terrence Knox - Cohost - Tumi "Tumius Aximus" - Mercutio Robertson the Sequel - Tiffany Knightley -  Trevor Knowles

#112 lisqr

lisqr

  • Dr. Lord of Lava


    Posts: 383
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8776

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

For category B, how loose is the definition of architecture and who's the judge? Is any building going to count as an architecture piece? What happens to entries that doesn't meet the "requirement"? And how important is it to identify the architecture style?

#113 Im a brickmaster.

Im a brickmaster.

  • Apostrofree


    Posts: 798
    Joined: 26-February 12
    Member: 26931
    Country: -Dead_ Zone_

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Cool! Ill enter two different ones in this contest.:sweet:

Edited by Im a brickmaster., 16 April 2012 - 02:01 PM.

I. Am. Iron Man.                                                                                                                                            Being ignored since 2012!

#114 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 15895
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostTrumpetKing67, on 15 April 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

WhiteFang, I have been wondering, why is there a rule that you can vote only if you have joined prior to the contest? This question was just something that popped up in my mind, and I have been curious for a while. Thanks a lot.
To prevent new members who signed up recently to come in only to vote for the contest which can be very dubious.

View Postlisqr, on 16 April 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

For category B, how loose is the definition of architecture and who's the judge? Is any building going to count as an architecture piece? What happens to entries that doesn't meet the "requirement"? And how important is it to identify the architecture style?
Lisqr, you can be sure that the definition of Architecture in Category B is pretty loose. You can definitely modelled like those Architecture scale as much as possible and if you can't do it, then you must at least include an Architecture design (fiction or non-fiction). So, in this case, it is really up to the builder. The judge in terms of the entry qualification will be mainly done by me. As much as possible, I will encourage the participant to do it in Architecture Style since the CMF Contest is in conjunction with the EB Architecture Month. If not, at least include an architectural building. Hope I make sense to you.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#115 Solitary Dark

Solitary Dark

  • Sociological Experiment Administrator


    Posts: 267
    Joined: 14-May 10
    Member: 10671

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hi WhiteFang,

Would you mind checking my entry in case you feel it would be disqualified?

At certain 'Times' the clock would exceed the 2-stud overhang rule - I've checked the rest of the model and the base fits on an 8x8 with minimal overhang, and the rest of the model is within 2-studs, but if the 'Big hand' would disqualify me I can amend the model.

Thanks

Edited by Solitary Dark, 16 April 2012 - 07:12 PM.

The Narrow Gauge Train Set is on LEGO Ideas - Vote at the Link below....

Posted ImageNarrow Gauge rail 11 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/72853

#116 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 15895
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostSolitary Dark, on 16 April 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Hi WhiteFang,

Would you mind checking my entry in case you feel it would be disqualified?

At certain 'Times' the clock would exceed the 2-stud overhang rule - I've checked the rest of the model and the base fits on an 8x8 with minimal overhang, and the rest of the model is within 2-studs, but if the 'Big hand' would disqualify me I can amend the model.

Thanks
Your entry is alright, but may I request you to place the entry on an 8x8 studs, taking it from top view. I just want to see it from that angle. I will accept the 'big' hand but I just want to 'confirm' to see the base of the built is within the given range.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#117 Solitary Dark

Solitary Dark

  • Sociological Experiment Administrator


    Posts: 267
    Joined: 14-May 10
    Member: 10671

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostWhiteFang, on 17 April 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Your entry is alright, but may I request you to place the entry on an 8x8 studs, taking it from top view. I just want to see it from that angle. I will accept the 'big' hand but I just want to 'confirm' to see the base of the built is within the given range.
Thanks WhiteFang, I've added an image which shows the construction of the base on top of 2 4x8 baseplates - there is a small overhang of the outer steps on either side. The front step is then on the eigth stud out from the back
I'll amend the model if you feel this breaks the rule. I would be able to do that and happily keep the character of the model.
The Narrow Gauge Train Set is on LEGO Ideas - Vote at the Link below....

Posted ImageNarrow Gauge rail 11 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/72853

#118 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

  • Propping up Historica's freedom


    Posts: 3356
    Joined: 14-April 12
    Member: 27955
    Country: Chile/USA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Is it ok to do a model of an arcitectural landmark for catagory B?  In other words, can I make a model of, say, the Eiffel Tower (not that that's what I plan on doing) and submiti it (with the other requirments) as a sene in a musem, for example?
Also, can the lady liberty be used as a statue?

Edited by Kai NRG, 17 April 2012 - 11:24 PM.

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."


#119 Cerator

Cerator

    Posts: 53
    Joined: 07-March 12
    Member: 27163
    Country: Austria

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostWhiteFang, on 16 April 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

To prevent new members who signed up recently to come in only to vote for the contest which can be very dubious.

And how about allowing voting for members that joined after the start of the contest AND submitted an entry (that is not disqualified)?

It would be nice to be able to vote as long as I also entered in the competition. I don't think people would join and take the effort to submit an entry just to manipulate the voting.

(Of course the rules might not change for this contest... But maybe for the next?  :classic: )

#120 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 15895
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostSolitary Dark, on 17 April 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Thanks WhiteFang, I've added an image which shows the construction of the base on top of 2 4x8 baseplates - there is a small overhang of the outer steps on either side. The front step is then on the eigth stud out from the back
I'll amend the model if you feel this breaks the rule. I would be able to do that and happily keep the character of the model.
It is qualified. No worries.

View PostKai NRG, on 17 April 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Is it ok to do a model of an arcitectural landmark for catagory B?  In other words, can I make a model of, say, the Eiffel Tower (not that that's what I plan on doing) and submiti it (with the other requirments) as a sene in a musem, for example?
Also, can the lady liberty be used as a statue?
Eiffel Tower, Museum and Lady Liberty monument(without the liberty) is considered to be a form of Architectural design.

View PostCerator, on 18 April 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

And how about allowing voting for members that joined after the start of the contest AND submitted an entry (that is not disqualified)?

It would be nice to be able to vote as long as I also entered in the competition. I don't think people would join and take the effort to submit an entry just to manipulate the voting.

(Of course the rules might not change for this contest... But maybe for the next?  :classic: )
New members joining after the start of the contest, is allow to submit their entries. I didn't say they are not allowed.

New members joining after the start of the contest, is not allow to vote for any entries! That's the difference.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#121 Cerator

Cerator

    Posts: 53
    Joined: 07-March 12
    Member: 27163
    Country: Austria

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostWhiteFang, on 18 April 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

New members joining after the start of the contest, is allow to submit their entries. I didn't say they are not allowed.

New members joining after the start of the contest, is not allow to vote for any entries! That's the difference.

I think you misread my text... :classic:

I know I'm allowed to enter in the competition and I already did!  :wink:
I only thought, it would also be nice to be allowed to vote as long as I also entered in the competition.

So:
Joined after start of contest: allowed to vote only if submitted an entry
Joined before the start: allowed to enter and/or vote (as before)

In short: In my opinion everyone entering in the competition should also be allowed to vote.

#122 Solitary Dark

Solitary Dark

  • Sociological Experiment Administrator


    Posts: 267
    Joined: 14-May 10
    Member: 10671

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

[quote name='WhiteFang' date='18 April 2012 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1334764162' post='1259147']
It is qualified. No worries.


Thank you WhiteFang.
The Narrow Gauge Train Set is on LEGO Ideas - Vote at the Link below....

Posted ImageNarrow Gauge rail 11 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/72853

#123 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 20-February 12
    Member: 26763
    Country: Canada

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

Hi everybody!

I completely re-did my Category A entry, so please go back to the first page of entries and have another look!

Thanks, and it's appreciated so much!

Sorry for the bad photography, that's what happens when I'm in a rush :look:

Posted Image


#124 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

  • Propping up Historica's freedom


    Posts: 3356
    Joined: 14-April 12
    Member: 27955
    Country: Chile/USA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostCerator, on 18 April 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

And how about allowing voting for members that joined after the start of the contest AND submitted an entry (that is not disqualified)?

It would be nice to be able to vote as long as I also entered in the competition. I don't think people would join and take the effort to submit an entry just to manipulate the voting.

(Of course the rules might not change for this contest... But maybe for the next?  :classic: )
thanks!!
I was just checking so I wouldn't be disqualified  :classic:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."


#125 LegoPohm

LegoPohm

    Posts: 22
    Joined: 23-March 12
    Member: 27476
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

Posted my entry last night after some silly errors with deep linking on my part. My first attempt so I hope it is acceptable, I am afraid my photographic skills are not very good at all.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users