Aquasharks Crystal Cave

17 replies to this topic

#1 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hello everybody!

The old transparent-neon orange is one of my favourite colours, and thus it's my pleasure to present a new micromisation to you which features this colour. :classic: It's a micro version of set 6190 - Shark's Crystal Cave from the year 1996. It's  part of the Aquasharks subtheme of the Aquazone line of sets. :classic:

The most tricky part of the submarine was the double engine on the rear tail. I wanted to use those underwater scooters, but these are hardly attachable in a convenient way without leaving ugly gaps in the constructions. Finally it worked out pretty well, fortunately. :classic:

Thanks for stepping by!

Christopher

Posted Image

Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#2 Lyichir

Lyichir

Member: 14738

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

This is adorable! I had this set growing up. Looking back it's far from the best set (was that piddly little cave really the closest we got to an Aquasharks base?), but nonetheless looking at this microscale version brings back memories. Props for using the undersea scooter pieces; they're amazing parts, but you don't have to tell me how hard they are to integrate into a MOC!

#3 MakutaNocturn

MakutaNocturn

Member: 15997

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

I don't know why people like old Lego sets so much. Perhaps they grow up with them but is there another reason? I like your MOC, its simple but esthethic. Hope to see more.

#4 Eskallon

Eskallon

• Plays with His Ponies in the Corner of His Exploding Glass House

Member: 4444

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Brilliant job with this micro build, I was amazed when I looked at the original set how accurate this is. You even included the bushes in the corner of the baseplate. :thumbup: That shark is dead cute too! :wub:

#5 The_Box

The_Box

Member: 13220

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

I would love to make this myself and keep it displayed on a shelf.  Can you post directions and a parts list?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I'm just a casual Lego collector.

#6 Orange Leader

Orange Leader

Member: 23717

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

A nice and cute tribute to a set I managed to get a few years ago, never had the original set from my childhood. The transparant neon orange is especially a treat for the eyes with black lighting in the dark. The Aquazone universe comes to life this way like a dark underwater world.

I don't know why people like old Lego sets so much. Perhaps they grow up with them but is there another reason?

You answerd your first question already and they have a certain esthetics that current sets don't have. For example the Neo Classic Space theme got quite some followers that appreciate and MOC in the that style, while most of them weren't even born back then.

#7 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• A few backspaces will do

Member: 4757

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Oh wow! I always wanted that set when I was little, that microscale version is super cute! You truely are the Microscale master  :thumbup:

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Tesni Hightribe

#8 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

• SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Member: 16567

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

I didn't have this set either  - but this is fantastic.

The micro shark and oh golly the whole thing is well done  :wub:
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#9 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

Member: 22977

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Great job, Legostein! Will you be making more Mini-Aquazone MOCs?

#10 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

I loved the aquasharks back in the day. That set being one of my favorites. The micro version is a great rendition. I instantly could imagine the larger set in my mind. Well done!
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#11 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Thank you everyone for the kind comments! :classic: It's been a pleasure building this and it makes me happy when you are happy with it. :classic:

View PostThe_Box, on 26 February 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

I would love to make this myself and keep it displayed on a shelf.  Can you post directions and a parts list?
There are no instructions yet, unfortunately, sorry.

View PostLEGOman273, on 26 February 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Great job, Legostein! Will you be making more Mini-Aquazone MOCs?
I have nothing particularly planned at the moment, but it's quite probable that there will be more at some time. :classic:

Thanks again all, and see you around!

~ Christopher

#12 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hello again!

Okay, well, I had many left-over parts of the shopping session for the construction of set 6190. :classic: Enough pieces to also do the smaller Aquashark submarine set 6155 - Deep Sea Predator. :classic:

Posted Image

Maybe it's now time for one of the yellow Aquanaut submersibles. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

#13 brickmack

brickmack

Member: 12146

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Wonderful microscale MOCs, both of them. I always liked the colors on the Aquasharks. They seem to be very accurate to the full size versions.

View PostMakutaNocturn, on 26 February 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

I don't know why people like old Lego sets so much. Perhaps they grow up with them but is there another reason? I like your MOC, its simple but esthethic. Hope to see more.
I think they tend to look better, and I also like that they aren't normally as cluttered with play features.

#14 Suspsy

Suspsy

Member: 20455

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Nice job!

#15 Combee

Combee

Member: 25193

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostLegostein, on 28 February 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hello again!

Okay, well, I had many left-over parts of the shopping session for the construction of set 6190. :classic: Enough pieces to also do the smaller Aquashark submarine set

I had this set as a kid and I thought it was awesome. You tiny rendition is great!

#16 John Carstairs

John Carstairs

Member: 11028

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Nothing new to add, but I also think these are great. Especially the Deep Sea Predator... and the cute little shark.

Aquasharks was one of the lines I always wished got more sets, if only just a proper base.

#17 Destroydacre

Destroydacre

Member: 6646

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

Love it. Of course I had almost all the aquazone sets when I was a kid so I'm all nostalgic. Keep up the awesome work Legostein!

#18 projectINO

projectINO

Member: 82440

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Aquazone is certainly where I call my home, but I've never seen anyone do a micro set as well as you. They stand out so well, and are so faithful to the original. It is amazing work!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users