• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic  – Started by kurigan , Feb 23 2012 05:56 AM

#1 kurigan

kurigan
  • Fresh Pirate

Member: 9706

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

206C
I’ve been working to build a network of fortifications to defend my fantasy harbor. This is a centrally placed battery that occurs at the end of a mole which divides the bay into two harbors; an inner and an outer. The last rendition of this post was a simple tower, meant to look run down with a field piece for artillery.

Posted Image

More images here.

This newer version, recently completed, is a much different structure. The tower is intended to have been a much older structure than the gun wall. The battery was added some time after the tower was built by a conquering nation, whose victory was possible due to the lacking in the original structure. I angled the wall in an attempt to make the structure look more up to date, but I’m not sure it works the way I wanted it to.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 SirSven7

SirSven7
  • I'm back baby!

Member: 15308

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

I like the design it looks like a nice little fort, one question where did you get that tricorn from, it looks really cool
Posted ImageSteve's Lego Blog
Sir Sven, Level 1 Knight
23-year old human male
Power: 4 Health: 10 Gold: 0
Inventory: Ancestors’ Sword(WP: 3),Ancestors' Shield (SP 2), Potion (2), Bedroll

#3 kurigan

kurigan
  • Fresh Pirate

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostSirSven7, on 23 February 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

I like the design it looks like a nice little fort, one question where did you get that tricorn from, it looks really cool

Thanks! All three of the black hats pictures were hand made from card stock (recycled cereal boxes). I customize a lot of my figures to make sailors and officers with hats like that and torso designs. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a descent bi-corner from card stock though. I've though about posting them here but I figured they be sent over to the mini fig customization forum anyway.

#4 SirSven7

SirSven7
  • I'm back baby!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

Well if you ever do post up how to make them (which would be awesome  :pir_laugh2: ) could you send me a message so I won't miss out as I never think to check the custom forum, they look really good I am impressed.
Sir Sven, Level 1 Knight
23-year old human male
Inventory: Ancestors’ Sword(WP: 3),Ancestors' Shield (SP 2), Potion (2), Bedroll

#5 Hiawatha

Hiawatha

Member: 20480

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostSirSven7, on 24 February 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Well if you ever do post up how to make them (which would be awesome  :pir_laugh2: ) could you send me a message so I won't miss out as I never think to check the custom forum, they look really good I am impressed.

Yeah, learning how to make those would be great! Awesome forts! :thumbup:

Posted Image Posted Image

My Brickshelf

View Postefullner, on 06 October 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

I can figure what Dey will say when he meets with Hiawatha.

Hiya, Watha!

#6 kurigan

kurigan
  • Fresh Pirate

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostSirSven7, on 24 February 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Well if you ever do post up how to make them (which would be awesome :pir_laugh2: ) could you send me a message so I won't miss out as I never think to check the custom forum, they look really good I am impressed.

Ask and Ye shall receive.
Hat Tutorial
Instructions are in the descriptions

If you choose to view the album as a slide show, some of the text will be unclear. I do not know the cause of this. It's likely best to view the images individually.

#7 SirSven7

SirSven7
  • I'm back baby!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Thank you very much thats a very detailed tutorial, when I get back from my sisters I will be having a crack at that (and probably cutting myself on the knife whilst I'm at it  :pir_laugh2: )
Sir Sven, Level 1 Knight
23-year old human male

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links