MOC: Be 6/6 Crocodile

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Steinkopf

Steinkopf

Member: 25035

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hello Everyone

I would like to share some photos of one of my most favourite locomotives in my collection, back in 2003 when I first got into 9v trains I would look through the back catalogue of 9v sets and always had one favourite the iconic Crocodile 4551. In 1992 when I was helping my uncle on my grandparents farm I went to the local toy store and saw a 4551 sitting on the shelves at a price of $90.00 AUD, I looked at it and thought that looks cool, at the time I was modelling OO Gauge Model Railways and could not justify buying it. Wind the clock 11 years into the future and here I was kicking myself that I didn't buy it back then especially when the MISB price was $450.00 US.

Then in 2006 the IR Freight train was released and even better the cab front and other pieces were in green I thought immediately this was my opportunity to finally have a Crocodile of my own, but when I bought the set instead of building a copy of 4551 I thought I will do my own take of one of these beauties, the locomotive was inspired by the RhB Ge 6/6, SBB Be 6/8 and the OBB 1189 classes of locomotives. This locomotive has had a number of progressive rebuilds over the years as better/new parts become available or ideas of how to improve it's looks and finally after 6 years I can happily say that she is completed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Steinkopf, 24 February 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#2 BatonMedved

BatonMedved

Member: 3454

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Monstrous!

Although i would have done the lights in green, same as the body. Genius pantograph from skiis and pirate wrenches. Why won't Lego make a classic remake like this?
Posted Image

#3 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Very interesting MOC Steinkopf!
I like this long version of set n. 7898  :thumbup:
Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Beautiful piece of engine designing there 'Steinkopf', great looking pantographs. :grin:
Brick On ! :classic:

#5 Selander

Selander

• Swedish Train Engines Extraordinaire

Member: 6607

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Love your stylish designs.
I want those pantographs !
My Flickr and brickshelf accounts:

Flickr link

Brickshelf link

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Laura Takayama

Laura Takayama

Member: 20752

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

Wow!  I've always had a soft spot for center-cab electric locomotives (Swiss Crocodiles, Steeple Cabs, PRR GG-1's, etc), and the Swiss Crocodile was one of my favorites, right after the GG-1.  You did an excellent job of capturing the look of that particular locomotive, I must say. :thumbup:
-Laura/Hikaro Takayama

Gender-Fluid Christian and proud of it.

"Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike, and flies through da air like a bird? I got no bleedin' idea, but I'm gonna find out."  - Kog da Flymek, pioneer of the Deffkopta

#7 Wabbajack

Wabbajack

Member: 30263

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

I had the deluxe cargo train, but I left it at home for my brother with the rest of my collection. I do miss it. But this thing is very goodlooking.

#8 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostWabbajack, on 01 November 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

But this thing is very goodlooking.

Wabbajack: why are you bumping all these year-old (almost year old topics)?  I agree that Steinkopf's MOCs are most impressive, but these were posted quite some time ago.  We have a general rule that unless you've really got something pertinent to add, stating that a MOC is "good looking" or you like the colors does not warrant "bumping" old topics.  This makes three four in a row so I thought I'd let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users