MOC: Meat Shop

8 replies to this topic

#1 Vestabuyer

Vestabuyer

Member: 6373

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

Posted Image B-OV-27D

Greetings!  :classic:

This is my first attempt at MOC building so be easy!!! :laugh:  I figured with the recent release of minifigure series 6, that I would make a "home" for the friendly butcher.

Posted Image

I was inspired to use the 8x16 base plate that was used on so many sets when I was growing up. Some examples include the Hamburger Stand, Pizza to Go, Bike Repair from City Corner, and Toys 'R' Us. This quaint meat shop contains a cash register, meat scale and meat display. It should feel right at home admist the other 8x16 small structures. Enjoy!  :laugh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Phred, 21 February 2012 - 03:14 PM.
Made images larger.

Posted Image
Stop! Give me back my cart you knuckle-head!

#2 streifen

streifen

Member: 6375

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Nice little butchery! the signboard outside is great!

however what a time for you to post this for me to see as it is nearing lunchtime here(in Singapore)!  :laugh:
Posted Image

#3 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

Nice little market there, but...does your sign say, "YOU CAN BEAT OUR PRICES."? Shouldn't it say can't. :tongue: I like the custom stickers and it's a nice interior, every detail of a meat shop that should be there, is.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#4 Vestabuyer

Vestabuyer

Member: 6373

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 21 February 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Nice little market there, but...does your sign say, "YOU CAN BEAT OUR PRICES."? Shouldn't it say can't. :tongue: I like the custom stickers and it's a nice interior, every detail of a meat shop that should be there, is.

Greetings!  :classic:

Yeah, I was afraid of that. The sign actually reads: "You can beat our prices...but you can't beat our meat!" The rest of the sign is a bit recessed behind the roof facade at that picture angle.

Posted Image
Stop! Give me back my cart you knuckle-head!

#5 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

Neat little butchershop there 'Vestabuyer', you could of continued the tiled floor where the butcher stands though....but in any case - a great 8x16 MOC perfect for any Lego city or town. :classic:
Brick On 'Vestabuyer' ! :classic:

#6 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

I like it and thought the sign was quite funny and accurate. You can't beat Walmart prices on meat, but for a little extra you get better quality meat. Anyway great MOC 'Vestabuyer'   Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#7 MadManMingo

MadManMingo

Member: 7901

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Nice one! And I agree. A lot of collectible minifigures really needs their own little shop, car, venue etc. And small 8x16's are a great way of emploing them, in Lego City.

Your shop could fit in next to this little one...

#8 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Member: 4916

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

Great MOC, 'Vestabuyer'!
I really like the use of the decals. The meat shop makes a great 16-wide building! :classic:

#9 Dakar A

Dakar A

• I've been outing Scum for OURS!

Member: 21891

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:41 AM

I like it, to a degree.
First, I'm surprised no one has made an inappropriate joke by now, so, *insert inappropriate joke here*. :devil: Secondly, I like the build, the idea, and your design. But I personally think that there isn't enough closure on open backed buildings. But that's me! :laugh:
Great job!

Dakar

Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Top-notch Town Builder ! Played as Puss in Boots in Sandy's Mafia School: A Bed Time Story. Played as Ensign Jack Campbell , security in Bob's Excalibur Mafia. I My Flickr I Brick Town Talk! I Bricks in Space! I

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users