Jump to content


Theed Hangar Encounter


21 replies to this topic

#1 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1536
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

Posted Image

An unexpected encounter with the Sith Lord forces the rebels to alter their plans,
an alternate route to the palace for the entourage while the two Jedi deal with the menace.

Posted Image

The third scene in a series of Lego Star Wars Modular Buildings.

Click on the pic for more details...

AC


Posted Image

#2 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8173
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

Ah here's the scene I was asking for!  Have I mentioned that I love all of your little details?  They all add something to the scene.   :thumbup:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#3 lego envy

lego envy

    Posts: 285
    Joined: 22-October 11
    Member: 21089
    Country: USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

What to say? You always seem to out do your self.IMO
Fantastic as always. :angel_sing: *oh2* :sweet:
Posted Image

#4 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4447
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Great scene! I loved this scene and the ensuing battle, except the death of our beloved Sith. You said the third in the series, what was the other? I saw the Naboo N-1 hangar. What else?
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#5 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 21 February 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

Great scene! I loved this scene and the ensuing battle, except the death of our beloved Sith. You said the third in the series, what was the other? I saw the Naboo N-1 hangar. What else?
Qui-Gon was a Sith? :poke:
(Maul didn't die)
The first MOC was the door to the hangar.

#6 Mr Man

Mr Man

    Posts: 3756
    Joined: 01-October 10
    Member: 13561
    Country: England

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

Well this is rubbish, when Maul activated his lightsabre the door behind him is open :hmpf_bad:.


:tongue:

I cannot wait to see TPM now ACPin :sweet:.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

It is pretty good! I especially like the doors and the fan.

#8 Speedboat

Speedboat

    Posts: 169
    Joined: 28-June 11
    Member: 18741
    Country: Germany

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

This is definitely one of the few memorable scenes from TPM and your MOC is great! I like the detailing on the walls, the vents, the crates on the floor. The Theed hangar is instantly recognisable. Very cool!  :thumbup:
Will you show pictures of the complete hangar or do you had to dismantle the other displays to build this one?

#9 Dr. Steve

Dr. Steve

    Posts: 687
    Joined: 23-June 08
    Member: 3382

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Most Impressive :vader:

#10 AngryChair

AngryChair

    Posts: 148
    Joined: 22-September 10
    Member: 13384

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Wow the attention to detail here is astounding.  A fantastic MOC, makes me want to shut down the lapop, walk out of the office, go home and break out the Lego

#11 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

    Posts: 1295
    Joined: 08-April 11
    Member: 17142
    Country: OZ

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Wow that looks so good, the camera angle works well, the scale of the walls look great against the mini figures, another wonderful job well done AC  :thumbup:
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#12 StoutFiles

StoutFiles

    Posts: 1040
    Joined: 13-October 10
    Member: 13725
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 21 February 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Qui-Gon was a Sith? :poke:
(Maul didn't die)
The first MOC was the door to the hangar.

He died in G-canon, just like Boba Fett and Palpatine.  The EU keeps everyone alive because of the $.  As far as the movies go, Maul is dead, even though we get to see his character ruined in the CW.

AC, you continue to outdo yourself.  The wall details are fantastic.  Could you give me the part name of that propellor piece you used in the back wall above the door?

Edited by StoutFiles, 21 February 2012 - 06:28 PM.


#13 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostStoutFiles, on 21 February 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

He died in G-canon, just like Boba Fett and Palpatine.  The EU keeps everyone alive because of the $.  As far as the movies go, Maul is dead, even though we get to see his character ruined in the CW.

AC, you continue to outdo yourself.  The wall details are fantastic.  Could you give me the part name of that propellor piece you used in the back wall above the door?
CW is not EU. CW is C-Canon.

And it's not just for the money, the characters had a lot of potential that would not have been realized had they died.

And how do you know that he will be ruined?

Edited by LEGOman273, 21 February 2012 - 06:48 PM.


#14 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

  • Help Me Build Hogwarts!


    Posts: 2099
    Joined: 12-June 11
    Member: 18405
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

This is great! I'm still loving how you're using the old minifigs and pieces for this.

#15 StoutFiles

StoutFiles

    Posts: 1040
    Joined: 13-October 10
    Member: 13725
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 21 February 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

CW is not EU. CW is C-Canon.

And it's not just for the money, the characters had a lot of potential that would not have been realized had they died.

And how do you know that he will be ruined?

Anything that didn't happen in the movies is extended universe, because it extends the story.  You are right though that CW is technically not EU as far as canon talk is concerned. They made up some silly canon for the CW to say "Hey! This matters! You should watch it!". CW is all about making money, that's why it exists, and bringing back a popular movie character is marketing genius.

Maul is loved because in every scene he rarely talked or was doing something interesting.  The more screen time he gets the less mysterious and more overplayed he will get.  But I guess we will just see, that is just my prediction.  If you want to continue discussion, PM so we don't hijack AC's thread.

#16 Vindice

Vindice

    Posts: 555
    Joined: 23-September 10
    Member: 13399
    Country: U.K

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

This is awesome! Well done, mate you inspire us all!
"Bolted doors and windows barred, guard dogs prowling in the yard, won't protect you in your bed, nothing will, from PUMPKINHEAD"

#17 CaptainCRO

CaptainCRO

    Posts: 243
    Joined: 23-January 11
    Member: 15586

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

This is perfect...congrats!
Lego Star Wars exclusive minifigures:                                      

Chrome C-3PO                                                                        
Chrome Darth Vader✔️                                                              
Chrome Stormtrooper                                                              
White Boba Fett✔️                                                                    
Shadow ARF Trooper                                                              
TC-14✔️                                                                                    
Shirtless Darth Maul✔️                                                              
Han Solo (Hoth)✔️                                                                    
Clone Lieutenant✔️                                                                  
TC-4✔️                                                                                      
Darth Revan
Luke Skywalker (Celebration)✔️                                                          
Han Solo (Celebration)
Darth Vader (Celebration)
Young Han Solo
NY I love Yoda
Special Forces Commander

#18 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1536
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 21 February 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Ah here's the scene I was asking for!  Have I mentioned that I love all of your little details?  They all add something to the scene.   :thumbup:

Posted Image
Ask and you shall receive! Thanks for the blog.

View Postlego envy, on 21 February 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

What to say? You always seem to out do your self.IMO
Fantastic as always. :angel_sing: *oh2* :sweet:
Did you expect anything less?  :sweet:

View PostLegocrazy81, on 21 February 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

Great scene! I loved this scene and the ensuing battle, except the death of our beloved Sith. You said the third in the series, what was the other? I saw the Naboo N-1 hangar. What else?
What LEGOman273 replied.

View PostLEGOman273, on 21 February 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Qui-Gon was a Sith? :poke:
(Maul didn't die)
The first MOC was the door to the hangar.
Correct.

View PostMr Man, on 21 February 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

Well this is rubbish, when Maul activated his lightsabre the door behind him is open :hmpf_bad:.


:tongue:

I cannot wait to see TPM now ACPin :sweet:.
Yeah but he closed it afterwards and that's why the entourage couldn't get through!  :grin:

View PostBrickadeer, on 21 February 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

It is pretty good! I especially like the doors and the fan.
The door was designed similar to the real one, the fan is all mine.

View PostSpeedboat, on 21 February 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

This is definitely one of the few memorable scenes from TPM and your MOC is great! I like the detailing on the walls, the vents, the crates on the floor. The Theed hangar is instantly recognisable. Very cool!  :thumbup:
Will you show pictures of the complete hangar or do you had to dismantle the other displays to build this one?
You'll have to wait and see how these builds all turn up.  :tongue:

View PostDr. Steve, on 21 February 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Most Impressive :vader:
:sweet:

View PostAngryChair, on 21 February 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Wow the attention to detail here is astounding.  A fantastic MOC, makes me want to shut down the lapop, walk out of the office, go home and break out the Lego
Go ahead and do it!

View PostBrickmamba, on 21 February 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Wow that looks so good, the camera angle works well, the scale of the walls look great against the mini figures, another wonderful job well done AC  :thumbup:
Good eye for spotting the scale that I've used to maintain it appropriately for the minifigs.

View PostStoutFiles, on 21 February 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

He died in G-canon, just like Boba Fett and Palpatine.  The EU keeps everyone alive because of the $.  As far as the movies go, Maul is dead, even though we get to see his character ruined in the CW.

AC, you continue to outdo yourself.  The wall details are fantastic.  Could you give me the part name of that propellor piece you used in the back wall above the door?
Don't know off hand from what set it came from but you can search BL for that.

View PostJackJonespaw, on 21 February 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

This is great! I'm still loving how you're using the old minifigs and pieces for this.
Just keeping the storyline consistent with the other builds.

View PostVindice, on 21 February 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

This is awesome! Well done, mate you inspire us all!
That's the general idea to these builds and hopefully somebody else does it too!

View PostCaptainCRO, on 22 February 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

This is perfect...congrats!
:sweet:

AC
Posted Image

#19 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

The fan is from an Atlantis set. Which Atlantis set do you have?

#20 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8173
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostACPin, on 22 February 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Ask and you shall receive! Thanks for the blog.
So if I ask for your Star Wars LEGO you'll give it to me?  :grin:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#21 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 22 February 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

So if I ask for your Star Wars LEGO you'll give it to me?  :grin:
Perhaps if you ask for prizes for the Community Build. :tongue:

#22 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1536
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 22 February 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

The fan is from an Atlantis set. Which Atlantis set do you have?
Not sure which one as I've bought several when they were on sale and just parted them out for my inventory.

View PostMasked Builder, on 22 February 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

So if I ask for your Star Wars LEGO you'll give it to me?  :grin:
Sure, I'll give you a link to the pics!  :laugh:

View PostLEGOman273, on 22 February 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Perhaps if you ask for prizes for the Community Build. :tongue:
Now that's a question for Oky as I'm not leading this CB.  :grin:

AC
Posted Image



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users