8282 Pic Review

4 replies to this topic

#1 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 22 October 2006 - 05:53 PM

Guys, Gals and Technic fans,

Since Hobbes asked my opinion on that neat little set and I haven’t done a review for quite some time… Behold, here is my short review.

As a general statement I will say that its really a neat little set: great design and fun build !!

I will start with pics from the box and the two different instruction books. Its my second Technic set only and I never saw that: one book per model !! I simply love that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will follow by generic views of the model.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since it’s a small set, everything is in proportions (d’oh) meaning: a small rear suspension part (the same as in the SW’s Clone Turbo Tank), small treads and small 1 piston engine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really love how well the quad turns !! Impressive.

Posted Image

The only thing I am not a fan of is the use of the great silver “tube”. Don’t get me wrong, I love the part but NOT in the uses of this set: the rear gas exhaust and edspecially the front suspension.

Posted Image

I hope you enjoyed this small ride on that quad (and that Hobbes will finally go and buy it loool  :-D  :-P ).

Cheers !!

*yoda*

#2 Hobbes

Hobbes

• Retired

Member: 359

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

View Postxwingyoda, on Oct 22 2006, 06:53 PM, said:

I will start with pics from the box and the two different instruction books. Its my second Technic set only and I never saw that: one book per model !! I simply love that.
Yeah, they do that with most of their latest models. Problem: one more possibility for dog-ears... :-/

I know why I like reviews, there's so much more to see. Thanks for the pics, yoda! I sometimes love these small, relatively short builds with just enough "gadgets" for me. I had fun with the mini tractor, too. More advanced Technic builders will probably laugh at sets like this but to me it's perfect if I just want to build something quick and don't have the "muse" for a MOC (let alone my absent skills) :-)

I hope you enjoyed this small ride on that quad (and that Hobbes will finally go and buy it loool  :-D  :-P ).
You know what? I will :-P

#3 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:02 PM

My pleasure Hobbes  ;-)

I totally agree with you about those smaller sets: they are great if the design follows, and in this case the design is just great  ;-)
Every line deserves great smaller sets hehe

Enjoy your quad then  :-P

*yoda*

#4 dillthepill

dillthepill

Member: 931

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:28 AM

I might pick one of these up. *y*

#5 dunamis

dunamis

• It's no good captain i canny reach!!!

Member: 226

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:46 PM

Thanks for the review.  I keep looking at this set, but have never picked it up.  It does look like a nice little diversion.  

OK, you convinced me, I'll pick it up this weekend...
So much LEGO, so little time...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users