Sign in to follow this  
just2good

Owlery

3/31/12 EDIT:

Hello! I finally finished version 2 of my Owlery MOC for the Hogwarts Community Build. I based it off of the film version.

6884692082_f4c1b452e5_z.jpg

7030792075_00796ef7e4_z.jpg

7030793139_99b81b6741_z.jpg

7030794275_e664b10f00_z.jpg

7030797423_d59a72f5dd_z.jpg

6884696172_ae06f39fe2_z.jpg

7030796411_0de927666b_z.jpg

The minifigures in the MOC are Harry and Cho. :classic:

Constructive criticism is welcomed.

Original pics:

6894083793_c557fe4a69_z.jpg

6894086275_7b78b12a7a_z.jpg

6894088457_75f469b0fa_z.jpg

6894096671_6f9f29f075_z.jpg

6894090487_9f18a01075_z.jpg

Edited by just2good

Looks pretty good so far, but it looks unfinished since most of the room is empty. It looks like you just extended the base in order to fullfil the size requirement. At the very least, I would add some walls on the sides. I suggest looking at the videogame for inspiration for what else to add there. For example, add some owl droppings here and there, and a bucket and mop/broom to clean it up. Also, you could add a staircase to the second floor, and a feeder in the middle of the room.

By the way, what's Harry Potter Weekend? :look:

I have to agree with Oky; it does look rather emptey. Maybe some more places with owls along the sides would fill it in nicely. I do love the design on the floor though! :classic: happy Harry Potter Weekend! (ABC Family has the Harry Potter movies on all weekend :wink: )

Looks pretty good so far, but it looks unfinished since most of the room is empty. It looks like you just extended the base in order to fullfil the size requirement. At the very least, I would add some walls on the sides. I suggest looking at the videogame for inspiration for what else to add there. For example, add some owl droppings here and there, and a bucket and mop/broom to clean it up. Also, you could add a staircase to the second floor, and a feeder in the middle of the room.

By the way, what's Harry Potter Weekend? :look:

Thanks for the reply Oky! :classic:

It looks empty as I couldn't find as much pictures of the Owlery. :sad: But, I could add some more stuff (probably not the walls, though, as I need more beige pieces)! :classic:

Also, Harry Potter Weekend is a weekend when they show all the HP movies on ABC family. The schedule for it can be found here. :wink:

Edited by just2good

Looking good so far, but I am with others as it doesn't look finished. I haven't really seen the room too much either, so it is really up to you how you would want to display it.

And Harry Potter weekend was always my favorite weekend when we had cable. Now I just have the Blu-Ray to enjoy at my leisure. But any excuse is a good excuse for HP movies!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks to everyone who commented. :sweet: If anyone has pictures of the Owlery from the LEGO Harry Potter video game, please post a link to them. :wink:

If you have the OotP or HBP video games, they are amazing for exploring Hogwarts. The vieo on Youtube only shows it from the outside though, so if you have it/know someone with it, it's well worth a look!

I like what you have so far though!

This looks nice. Check out the movies to get some better angles, though. I feel it is a bit empty. Please post a picture on the Hogwarts Community Build Topic.

I really like your many owls! They are lovely birds with so many impressive abilities. And the perches on the walls are perfect.

The different levels of the floor pieces are a nice touch, too.

We often listen in our backyard to owls perched high in the trees, and it is quite entertaining. What special birds! They do deserve their own special home!

It's an excellent change. All the extra detail on the floor and the added space for owls certainly makes a difference. :sweet:

Little question: Who is running through the owlery with Harry? It can not be Hermoine, because she has brown hair.

Edited by Bubble

Little question: Who is running through the owlery with Harry? It can not be Hermoine, because she has brown hair.

Cho. :grin:

Cho. :grin:

Good enough! Oh no! Now you got me thinking about it that LEGO never made Cho Chang as a minifigure!

:cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

Edited by Bubble