Bonaparte

• Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Here's the 10224 Town Hall official press-release by LEGO:

10224 Town Hall
Ages 14+.  2,766 pieces.
US $199.99   CA $249.99   DE 179.99 € UK 149.99 £ DK 1499 DKK
Keep the wheels of commerce turning with the authentic Town Hall!
This classic 3-storey town hall building is the latest addition to the LEGO® Modular Buildings series. This highly-detailed model features large entrance-way columns and coat of arms, a tall bell tower with clock and a large skylight giving a view inside the building. On the ground floor, the large hall, tax office and auditorium are perfect for servicing the town’s citizens. Take the working elevator up to the secretary and mayor's offices on the second floor, furnished eloquently with desks, chairs, paintings and even a frog sculpture. There’s even a balcony for addressing the town's citizens. On the third floor, a spacious meeting room features a large conference table, chairs, globe and plants. Includes 8 minifigures: mayor, secretary, bride and groom, press woman, janitor and 2 children.
• Includes 8 minifigures: mayor, secretary, bride and groom, press woman, janitor and 2 children
• Features painting, desks, chairs, sculpture, lamp, conference table, globe, plants and bench
• Functioning elevator with space for 2 minifigures and ladder access to roof
• Bell tower features bench and maintenance ladder
• Roof features skylight with view inside the building
• Measures 10” (25.5 cm) wide and 20” (50 cm) high
• Address the citizens from the balcony!
• Combine with other LEGO® Modular buildings like the 10218 Pet Shop and 10211 Grand Emporium!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#2 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

One word - awesome!  What a beautiful set.  I'm loving the elevator and the unique use of the garage doors. :wub:

#3 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

Member: 23488

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

That's an amazing model and it's presentation is excellent. I'm looking forward to building it some time soon.  :sweet:
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#4 Sir E Fullner

Sir E Fullner

• The Admiral's croissants smell delicious!

Member: 7307

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

That is one lovely set. And an elevator, too? That is like an apple pie with ice cream, or whipped topping, or whatever you like on a pie. Two new torsos as well, too. That is one set I hope won't disappoint. :cry_happy:

My MOCPage Ett. FullnerMy Brickshelf

Eat yer spinach, kiddies! However, don't forget the fish.
Posted Image

#5 The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy

Member: 13286

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thank you Bonaparte for the quick response. Looking even beter than the first glimps. Lots of fine details. One can discuss the lift, but it's a nice feature. The price isn't that much higher than i expected. 180 euro is affordable. Gonna look great in my modular city. I now have a name for the new street i am creating with this modular, it's gonna be placed next to the Cafe Corner on Rathaus Strasse.
You are never to old for Lego (and never to young to start with it)

Posted Image

#6 Stefano

Stefano

Member: 24433

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Awesome Set but... the price WTF.
with current rates:
DE 179.99 €

US $199.99 = 153,65 €
CA $249.99 = 191,88 €
UK 149.99 £ = 180,82 €
DK 1499 DKK = 201,67 €

Is there something wrong with me.. or does TLG not get pricing right.. and why do they have to add another 30 Frigging Euro's for a modular.. 150 Euro was f*cking expansive but this is going to be ridiculous.

#7 sharky

sharky

Member: 17931

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Looks even better now that I've seen more details. :thumbup: Home run all the way Lego!  Not crazy about the price, but it is much larger and very nice.  I guess not much you can do about that.  It wouldn't be as nice if it was a lower price.

Am I the only one that feels the Lego designer giving the presentation kind of looks a little like Kirsten Dunst  :wub:

#8 The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy

Member: 13286

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostStefano, on 16 February 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Awesome Set but... the price WTF.
with current rates:
DE 179.99 €

US $199.99 = 153,65 €
CA $249.99 = 191,88 €
UK 149.99 £ = 180,82 €
DK 1499 DKK = 201,67 €

Is there something wrong with me.. or does TLG not get pricing right.. and why do they have to add another 30 Frigging Euro's for a modular.. 150 Euro was f*cking expansive but this is going to be ridiculous.
When you look what you get, it is not al that expencive. Look at wat ordinary city sets cost. A smal Smart Car will cost you 5 euro, and that is the cheapest model in the line. A simple minifig (collectable or not) 2 euro. Let's face it: Lego is expencive. It's the fun while building that counts. Seeing a model getting bigger and bigger step by step. That's the fun. If you go to a soccer game, you pay top Euro to for about 2 hours of debatable pleasure (but that's of topic)
You are never to old for Lego (and never to young to start with it)

Posted Image

#9 roamingstop

roamingstop

• Blue train track Guinness World Record pusher extraordinaire

Member: 9215

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

New part on the windows? the wheel arches dont seem to be perfectly round... more ellipsoid
And great designer - we should see more women designers on these videos. Skylights will be great for 'Santa Fe Super Domes'.

Edited by roamingstudio, 16 February 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#10 LegoMyMamma

LegoMyMamma

• Official Friends Pirate

Member: 7607

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Postroamingstudio, on 16 February 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

New part on the windows? the wheel arches dont seem to be perfectly round... more ellipsoid
And great designer - we should see more women designers on these videos. Skylights will be great for 'Santa Fe Super Domes'.

Yes, and the new 1x1 round she showed near the end of video, which are flat, are great.  We first found them in some NinjaGO, then some green ones in Friends Olivia's Workshop.  They just provide a bit more snotty look than traditional 1x1 rounds  :thumbup:

Can't wait to get all that dark orange.  All-in-all, what a great new Modular set!  :wub:

#11 eurotrash

eurotrash

• Put the FUN in funicular

Member: 25286

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

This looks fantastic!  Though I'm a bit concerned about the lack of safety features around the Lift (Elevator).  I can see many poor minifigs plunging to their deaths.  :)

I'm going to have to start saving my pennies for this one....

#12 Mak

Mak

Member: 1828

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Great addition to the Modular Building series.

The mayor has great printing - button down shirt collars :)
But I don't like the groom. He's wearing a top hat and a sleeve-less jacket. Is that a danish tradition? Or is he just sloppy, as his loose tie knot indicates?

#13 Tragic Banjo

Tragic Banjo

• There is no spoon.

Member: 18218

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Even though it's still a fantastic price per piece, it's more than I can afford at the moment. The video seemed to imply that this was sort of a one-off in terms of size, though, so I do hope the next modular will be back down to $150 USD.

(Speaking of, isn't it about time for speculation about the next modular?  :tongue: )
Posted Image

"Am I the only one who-" "No."

#14 alienwar9

alienwar9

• Crazy Mega-City Designer

Member: 356

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Those 1x1s are wondrous pieces! Elevator?! (though open form) and the skylights :wub:. I'll give the price a break considering the size and mini-fig count.

On a side note, anyone know what the Victorian gothic style building is in the video in the beginning right after R2?

Edited by alienwar9, 16 February 2012 - 03:59 PM.

MOCs
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

This is by far the best-looking designer I've seen thus far. Wonderful!

Oh, yeah, and the modular is great, too. Can't wait to get my hands on that :)

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#16 gherkin

gherkin

Member: 24757

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Am I the only one that feels the Lego designer giving the presentation kind of looks a little like Kirsten Dunst

Nope, I was thinking that as well  :classic: .  Very nice set, whether I'd be allowed to get it is another story!! (might be able to get it as a wedding present perhaps!).  I like the skylights, which now makes me want to change the ones I've got on my MOC.

#17 Pierre_Cochereau

Pierre_Cochereau

Member: 4527

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Finally, the long awaited press release! And the inside looks great! I love the mayor's outfit, his office chair is nice, too. I haev to say, I'm not as upset about the higher price now that I've seen what we get; let's face it, a higher piece count would eventually result in a higher price. I can see why people are upset about the varying exchange rates if you do the math, but I guess that's TLG's way of dealing with a variable factor they can't control (i.e., currency exchange rates).

View Posteurotrash, on 16 February 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Though I'm a bit concerned about the lack of safety features around the Lift (Elevator).  I can see many poor minifigs plunging to their deaths.  :)

:wink:  Yes, or get their arms or heads jammed as there is no inside cabin door. Well, I guess that'll put the new 4431 Ambulance to use.  :tongue:

View PostTragic Banjo, on 16 February 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

(Speaking of, isn't it about time for speculation about the next modular?  :tongue: )

Well if you look closely at the beginning of the video, you can see a building standing off to the side ... left side on the table. I'm not sure if that could be a teaser as to the next modular?

I wonder if the designer lady is still single ...  :wub:  :tongue:

#18 merman

merman

Member: 2424

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

I know it doesn't make sense at all but my first impression when the video started was: oh... it was not designed by Jamie :(

It makes me downgrade the model a bit which I know doesn't make sense, but still I regret the fact Jamie did not design it.
Does anyone know why?

Is he leaving the series he helped setting up or was it just Astrid doing this specific model?
Still the set is amazing, don't get me wrong. It just seem to lack some of the creative gimmicks and building techniques Jamie is know for...

#19 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postmerman, on 16 February 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

I know it doesn't make sense at all but my first impression when the video started was: oh... it was not designed by Jamie :(
Although she might be the set designer, it's very obvious that this set is heavily based on the Town Hall Jamie Berard built back in 2007. So he might not be the main designer on it, but there's no doubt that his influence has played a big part.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#20 roamingstop

roamingstop

• Blue train track Guinness World Record pusher extraordinaire

Member: 9215

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Whelll... I see a large R2D2, a kind of spooky halloween house, but these are positioned alongside other designers...

#21 bkctsang

bkctsang

Member: 20353

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Look to your left once the video begins!!

A new model size R2-D2 and the next Modular House model!!!

#22 MurkyMajare

MurkyMajare

Member: 14071

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Very nice and definitely something I would want to get.

I noticed two things though in the video.
During the intro, in the left corner there is one short clip on a R2D2 unit... could this be the R2D2 UCS that is rumored this year?

There is also a short clip of another house, looks like a modular'ish abandoned house of sorts. Part of the new ghost series or another upcoming modular?

#23 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

I like it, but I don't love it. The higher price tag, coupled with the relatively drab exterior (except for the front entrance, which is very nice), is going to make this the first Modular set that I'm skipping.

#24 Renthicya

Renthicya

Member: 10832

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Really nice! So many little, practical details, and of course, a complete back of the house! 5*, instant buy.

#25 Alywin

Alywin

• Responsible & Resourceful

Member: 3548

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

View Postbkctsang, on 16 February 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Look to your left once the video begins!!

A new model size R2-D2 and the next Modular House model!!!

I guess it is not a modular house, but it is a haunted house with 2 ghosts flying around (as you can see) ...  I do not have any idea which theme or series could have this new unknown Exclusive set though...

Posted Image

Edited by Alywin, 16 February 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Alywin - a Hong Kong AFOL
Our Hong Kong forum: http://www.minifigs.net/forum/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users