[MOC] Iris Cafe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 the_comedian

the_comedian

Member: 19207

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

Hi!! this is my first post on eurobricks, i'm currently returning from my dark ages, and i'm designing a Modular building in LDD, inspired in a Cafe here in Chile:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My idea is to make a building as closest to the real place as possible, and stick with the 16x32 baseplate format, because i'm planning to create in the future an alley with 4 or 5 buildings, and then order the bricks from bricklink to create a real model.
I want to use every single space in the model, to give it a "saturated" feel, it was really fun making the furniture and trying to fit it in such little space, but i think the result is very good, well, for now this is my model so far:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The building consist of 2 floors, the first one is the Cafe itself, with kitchen, bathroom, the dining area and the courtyard with a table and chairs:

Posted Image

And the 2nd Floor that consist in a little apartment with two bedrooms, a living room and a balcony:

Posted Image

I tried to use SNOT techniques and techniques used in the official modular buildings, but i'm still really new in the modeling business.

Well i hope you like it, critics and advices are welcome, i will attach the LDD so you can see it with more detail, this is still work in progress and is still subject to changes,

Attached Files

Edited by the_comedian, 16 February 2012 - 06:21 AM.

#2 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

Cool! I like how you have no back area and use it all on the front. The enclosed entrance is a nice touch. The all windowed front is great. Great job on this. Any plans to bring this to life?
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#3 the_comedian

the_comedian

Member: 19207

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 16 February 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

Cool! I like how you have no back area and use it all on the front. The enclosed entrance is a nice touch. The all windowed front is great. Great job on this. Any plans to bring this to life?

Yeah! totally!! in fact i'm planning to make an entire alley:

Posted Image

With at least 4 o 5 buildings, but i guess its gonna take a lot of $$$, and also probably i'll be modifying the initial model as i'm building it

#4 Vincent Kessels

Vincent Kessels

• Mr. Tomato Bread

Member: 10753

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

That is a nice building with a lot of details 'the_comedian'.   :thumbup:

I like the curved windows.

Oh, and Welcome to Eurobricks.
(Did you introduce yourself in the Hello! My name is... forum?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users