Rolli

Moria's Mitgardian Embassy

Sir Moriartus!

Our embassy in Mitgardia finally is finished. Coldness and snow suspended the built.

We hope, you are satisfied with the outcome!

Yours sincerely,

Earl Mercari

I hereby present my embassy - taking its place somewhere in Mitgardia:

6881100757_033bc5019c_b.jpg

6881100777_725ef75d40_b.jpg

I hope, you like this embassy. Comments and critique are very much appreciated. I will update the thread with adequate pictures asap.

Best regards,

Sir Moriartus / rolli

Edited by Rolli

I've been waiting to see this every since you posted the WIP picture. Definitely did not dissapoint pirate_thumbup.gif

I really like your siding as well as the stonework and roof. The snow is very well done too. Any interior?

EDIT:

Picture of Rolli's build

9024944683_e0fa2ee1a7_c.jpg

Edited by soccerkid6

I love the feel of this thing, and the great shape. Some really good techniques. The pics are a little dark and a little fuzzy, but still really great!

Great Moc man. Your style is very unique and I really like how you use the cheese slopes in order to build roofs. Awesome work!

Stunning build there, loving the stonework on the bottom and the overall shape and style looks both Avalonian and Mitgardian, nice :thumbup:

An amazing embassy! I have been very excited for this ever since the WIP photo. With so many new and innovative techniques this will most definatly be in the top five for Avalonia. At least thats what I think. Great job on this!

This is beautiful! No imperfections (a bit to much snow underneath the roof perhaps).

Love the textures of the building as well as the your roof style.

To bad I just bought a load of red roof bricks, now I have to invest in a thousand red cheeseslopes...

This is a really great build! I love the original design of this building, great shape and roof. The colors are perfect and the stone work is very nicely done. The building has a lot of character, great entry :thumbup:

Your Embassy is Amazing! You've done a great job with the stairs, bricks and all the woodwork on this. It is SO original, and really looks Awesome. I just love those stairs so much. Great MOC!

Just love it!! Looks like it came straight out of a great video game!

The roof is so good! (And Iguess a little frustrating putting all bricks on there? :wink: )

The stair is my favourite detail! Well done Rolli!

Just came back from a one week holiday and the first picture of an Avalonian Embassy I saw when I checked Eurobricks was yours! Really great build! I love the angles and the colours match perfectly :thumbup:

Bravo! Another wonderful build, from the irregular baseplate to the stonework to the gables, everything is superb here. The angles on the stairs are even better than your early shots. It must get very dark inside the building with so few windows, but it's cold cold cold out there!

:classic:

Dude, that is amazing! Beautiful shape - i love the flaring front steps and the way the roof/upper story bulges over the rest of the building. :thumbup: Great stonework and landscaping too, just superb! :wub:

This creation is a thing of beauty, it really holds the Avalonian look and places it squarely in Mitgardia! Amazing and so parts intensive. Great job.

Thanks for all the kind words - I appreciate if you like my work! I am currently staying in Hamburg on vacation so I only will answer some questions.. (yeah, mobile Internet is great but I'd prefer to have my bricks with me ;)

Personally I love building roofs with cheese slopes and I would recommend it as it looks much more real in my opinion. It kinda has become my style now but I want to show you how this little "magic" is done so that everybody will have this opportunity. I developed some interesting techniques but after the "magic" is revealed, they are actually quite simple ;) It will take me some time to write something like a guide though but I think it will be worth a try. 

Any advice / opinion on that?

Regarding ordering great amounts of cheese slopes is rather based on luck. I wouldn't build such roofs if i hadn't had the chance to buy about 800 of them for a cent each. Despite of this it's still a pricy technique as 800 slopes aren't even enough for one side. I need about 1.5-2K per house. (considering bricklink prices, you can do the math ;) )

Regarding to the luck point i can state that some of the next houses will have sand green as well as dark red roofs. My local Lug had them in their Lugbulk - Luck 2.0. Looking forward to this creations!

Unfortunately this lodge doesn't have any interior due to a lot of snot in it. I will provide background pictures that will make clear that there isn't much place for an interior.. It's definitely on my agenda to include a "working" interior but I'm still working on making some of the used techniques much less space intensive.

Maybe I'll have to built them separately but I'm not quite happy with such a solution..

Video game? You may know this style - it is based on some concept art of Skyrim.. The art book is a great source of inspiration as well as the game itself (though I don't have any time for it atm). I will provide something to compare.. :)

I will be back on the weekend so I think pictures will be up on Sunday..

Best regards! 

Wow, Rolli, really cool. I would comment more specifically, but I think everything has been said already: house, stairs, roof, architecture... My number one is the stonework.

I would most certainly check out your guide if you ever find time to make it. I have only read Derferl Cadarn's Guide to a medieval village here on Eurobricks, but check it out if you're looking for a way of doing it; his guide is clear and a good read.

Hope that helps you help us. :classic:

Congratulations on winning the contest. You make us Mitgardians proud.

Hail Jarl, and may your strength never waver.

How did you do the building? Very good style indeed. Somehow, though, it has the appearance of being a bit run down. :laugh: