Welcome to Eurobricks biggest ever Technic contest, To sail the Technic sea! In summary, the challenge is for you to build a Technic MOC that is water related. One option, is to build something silly like the above image, but why do something that lame? Possible options include;
- Sailing ship
- Oil rig
- Floating crane
- Sea plane
- Splash Mountain log ride
- Water taxi
- Tribubble bongo
- The contest is open to all EB Members.
- Entries must be posted by midnight GMT, April 2nd, 2012.
- Winner will be selected by 50% panel, 50% public poll. I will be the tie breaker if one is needed.
- One entry per member.
- Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously) and water related. If you have any doubts about the suitability of your entry contact me.
- All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed. Rubberbands are allowed exceptions.
- Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
- Entries are to be placed in their own entry topic in the Technic, Mindstorms & Model Team forum. The title of the topic should begin with "TSATS: " (or "TSTTS" ) and then give the name of the entry.
- The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish. If you post it as a WIP first making a new topic later is advised.
- Entries are to consist of no more than 8 posted pictures of 800x600 or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size. You can have a video instead of a photo if you want.
- No photoshopped backgrounds or packaging, but you are allowed to edit the background to remove distractions.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
- These rules can be changed whenever we see fit to ensure that people follow the intent of the contest.
1st prize: Unimog purchased by EB from LEGO Shop@Home.
2nd prize: Backhoe purchased by EB from LEGO Shop@Home.
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th prize:
Misc Unimog parts, provided by CopMike.
Hub piece (4610378) = x4
Portal Axle housing (4610377) = x4
94.3 x 38R tires (4610381) = x4
C-shaped pivot frame (4610379) = x2
Cup to fit on above pivot (4610380) = x2
Picture for reference only.
Prizes and world wide shipping are sponsored by Eurobricks.
Important prize remarks:
- Your sets will be shipped to you directly from LEGO Shop@Home, so make sure Shop@Home ships to your country! If not, then you can still enter and we do our best to find a solution. For example we would be prepared to buy one Technic set of equal or lesser value (including shipping) from Bricklink.
- If you are one of the contest winners you'll get a PM after the contest is over to work out the details.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask away, otherwise get building! Remember, the more successful this contest is the more likely we'll do it again!