Tree House Embassy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

As we were planning where to put our embassy in the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia, we saw this old tree with the top missing. After inspecting it we found it partially hollow yet still alive. After a few little alterations from our carpenters we had a fine embassy. Right now Captain Targon is giving an Avalonia officer a letter to allow him safe travel through Mitgardia.

This is my first try at a tree, I would have loved to make the trunk brown. But I don't have enough of it; the rope is how you get up and down. I didn't want to put a ladder because of all the space it would take up in a very small interior.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Link to more pictures: My link
Thanks for looking  :classic:  
Any comments or criticism welcome!
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa

Member: 14331

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Interesting idea here. I like the way you built the roof and the small scenes inside.

For the next challenge, if you can plan out your idea earlier then you'll have time enough to order the color parts you really want. Unfortunately I think the greens you used have distracted from the build itself because it's just too much bright colors for a tree trunk.

The ball area at the top is interesting, do you have any closer photo of that area?

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Posted ImagePosted ImageLearn how to make comics & animation: Brick Flicks & Comics Academy Posted Image Posted Image

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

View Postdarkdragon, on 17 February 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Interesting idea here. I like the way you built the roof and the small scenes inside.

For the next challenge, if you can plan out your idea earlier then you'll have time enough to order the color parts you really want. Unfortunately I think the greens you used have distracted from the build itself because it's just too much bright colors for a tree trunk.

The ball area at the top is interesting, do you have any closer photo of that area?

Yeah, I plan on starting the next challenge sooner, but I won't be making very many BL orders in the near future. The link in my first post has a close up of one of the branch tops. I used lots of these to make them Posted Image

Posted Image
in green of course. Thanks for the comment  :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6, 17 February 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa

Member: 14331

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 17 February 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Yeah, I plan on starting the next challenge sooner, but I won't be making very many BL orders in the near future. The link in my first post has a close up of one of the branch tops.

Ah cool. I like that area, it's really neat looking. Not sure how I missed the link  :laugh:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Posted ImagePosted ImageLearn how to make comics & animation: Brick Flicks & Comics Academy Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Palathadric

Palathadric

• Makes other members' internet speeds seem ridiculously fast

Member: 19379

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

I like the roof and top of the house a lot.
They that love God will never meet for the last time.
This life isn't the end. We will meet again.
Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image
Brickshelf Account
See my work in the Official Lego sets made in LDraw topic

#6 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

View Postpalathadric, on 04 March 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

I like the roof and top of the house a lot.

Thanks, my future builds should be much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users