[MOC] ANH Deleted Scene

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image

I've been intending to make this scene ever since I made my first moisture vaporator, I think there may actually be a law that states 'if you make a vaporator, you must make the famed Star Wars deleted scene'. It' seems one thing or another has always prevented me from building this, not enough tan bricks, new tan bricks being used for another MOC, no time etc... But since I finally got round to altering the engines on my Landspeeder (an error Fallenangel pointed out), I decided to enlarge the scene and use it as a small shelf display...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credits: Luke's floppy hat is copied from the technique shown on pg3 here which is attributed to Dr Venkman. I didn't look at any other Lego models for my first vaporator but this time I've borrowed some ideas on parts usage from Pepa Quin.
And of course thanks to Fallenangel for pointing out the error of my ways  :wink:  - the current Landspeeder is still a WIP as I'm hoping to make some new decals for the front grill and am still holding out for Lego to release some parts in medium dark flesh.
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#2 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

:wub: I love that Treadwell!

Posted Image

#3 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

• Straight Up Cero!

Member: 12949

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

Well done!
The moisture vaporator is really well built and I love the landspeeder :sweet:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#4 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Earned the golden badge after 3 years of hiatus

Member: 18405

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

Very nice! I love the treadwill and your landspeeder is perfect!

My Flickr

I've done a lot of Mafia games over the years. Somehow, I haven't improved at all.

Coming Soon - A Mafia With Way Too Much Bloom and Lens Flares

Posted Image

#5 wokajablocka

wokajablocka

Member: 12884

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

Awesome Praiter Yed. I missed the land speeder you posted the other week, nice snot land speeder and the small scene and tredwell look great.  :thumbup:
Brickshelf

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

May the Brick be with you!

#6 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

Member: 17142

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

Very sexy vignette, it's perfect in every way, love the snot on the base and the speeder, fantastic work!
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#7 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Ass

Member: 7199

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

Fantastic.  :wub: The centerpiece for me is the speeder - I love the SNOT on it and the base. That is a huge treadwell, though.  :laugh: (I read your MCW post - it is a shame it can't be used here.  :sadnew: )
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 40 Decamon Drafter in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 13 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Diamond Dodd, Pliskeen cook in DDL and JJP's Blacktron Mafia

#8 Dapper-D2

Dapper-D2

Member: 22141

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

A very cool scene! I like the improvements you made to the landspeeder, especially on the back. Great work!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  Flickr

#9 John31388

John31388

Member: 9501

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

Great moc! Very nicely done I love the speeder.

#10 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

• Bothan Spy #5

Member: 14963

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

It's a perfect little scene! I found your first speeder to be the best one I've ever seen. I'm not sure yet whether I like new one better.

#11 Davor

Davor

Member: 6674

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Smooth scene!! Really nice!
Tredwell  rocks!
:thumbup:

#12 lego envy

lego envy

Member: 21089

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Nice scene.. What stands out for me is the stand and lukes hat.I don't know why ,but they do.lol The whole piece is wonderful. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Posted Image

#13 sdrnet

sdrnet

Member: 17747

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Very nice little scene!

#14 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Wow :oh:.

I can't pick any specifics, because I really like all the parts of this scene, but special well done for the Speeder Praiter Yed :thumbup:.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Mr. Elijah Timms

Mr. Elijah Timms

Member: 9973

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Man... awesome MOC and a great throwback to memories of what Star Wars USED to be. Thanks and keep up the great work.

EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED I MEAN AWESOME!!!

#16 StoutFiles

StoutFiles

Member: 13725

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Would you mind showing the pieces used to build Treadwell?  It is awesome, and I must have one.

Of all the deleted scenes, this one really should have stayed in.  We would get a better sense of Luke's dreary work, we'd get to see another cool droid, and we get to see him viewing the battle.

#17 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thanks to everybody for the really nice & positive comments. I'm very surprised by how much love the Treadwell is getting - I really expected to take some criticism for him. I'd love to respond to each of you but I've picked out a few comments to answer individually  :blush:

View PostBrickdoctor, on 12 February 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

:wub: I love that Treadwell!

Posted Image
Thanks for the blog Brickdoctor! - That's another huge surprise for these recycled (if slightly updated) MOCs.

View Postwokajablocka, on 13 February 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Awesome Praiter Yed. I missed the land speeder you posted the other week, nice snot land speeder and the small scene and tredwell look great.  :thumbup:
An easy mistake wokajablocka but your comment made me realise that I first posted the Landspeeder a year ago last week. That's how slow I am at building  :laugh:

View PostCallMePieOrDie, on 13 February 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

Fantastic.  :wub: The centerpiece for me is the speeder - I love the SNOT on it and the base. That is a huge treadwell, though.  :laugh: (I read your MCW post - it is a shame it can't be used here.  :sadnew: )
It is a huge Treadwell - but I'm going to defend it by saying in the distorted world of the Minifig, with their rather large Astromech droids this treadwell fits in nicely. I really like the simplicity and size of the green one which is why I just had to show it, but I think the blue one wins on pose-ability and character.

View PostBrickadeer, on 13 February 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

It's a perfect little scene! I found your first speeder to be the best one I've ever seen. I'm not sure yet whether I like new one better.
:cry_happy: When I compare the two I think the new one is a big improvement but I really am desperate for TLG to release certain pieces in medium dark flesh - I love that colour and think it's perfect for a Luke's speeder. I'd almost given up hope but they've just brought out some 2 x 4 tiles  :sweet: so I think the speeder may return again one day and then I can finally put this creation behind me.

View Postlego envy, on 13 February 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Nice scene.. What stands out for me is the stand and lukes hat.I don't know why ,but they do.lol The whole piece is wonderful. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I also love Luke's hat but can't take any credit for it  :wink:

View PostMr. Elijah Timms, on 13 February 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Man... awesome MOC and a great throwback to memories of what Star Wars USED to be. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Oh yeah, I'm all about the nostalgia. I remember the blue Topps Star Wars cards from back-in-the-day - one of them had a picture of this scene on it  :wub:

View PostStoutFiles, on 13 February 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Would you mind showing the pieces used to build Treadwell?  It is awesome, and I must have one.

Of all the deleted scenes, this one really should have stayed in.  We would get a better sense of Luke's dreary work, we'd get to see another cool droid, and we get to see him viewing the battle.
It's the old pacing story as usual :hmpf_bad:- but to be fair, I think I could handle a slow down in pace now, but when I was a kid?

I'd be happy to show how the Treadwell is built, I'll try to shoot it before the weekend.

Once again a big thanks to everyone for the comments.
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#18 markus1984

markus1984

• Clever and Especially Better Looking

Member: 26164

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

scene perfectly implemented into a moc.
very nice.

#19 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

AWESOME scene ' Praiter Yed ' and that speeder is just fantastic ! :excited:
Brick On ' Praiter Yed ' ! :grin:

#20 Lobot

Lobot

• Needs Some Green

Member: 18202

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

Excellent work Praiter Yed!  This looks really professional & it’s obvious that you’ve put a lot of time & effort into it.  I love Luke’s hat, really cute!  :wub:  :wub:  

Keep up the great work!  :thumbup:

#21 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

View Postmarkus1984, on 13 February 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

scene perfectly implemented into a moc.
very nice.

View Postlightningtiger, on 13 February 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

AWESOME scene ' Praiter Yed ' and that speeder is just fantastic ! :excited:
Brick On ' Praiter Yed ' ! :grin:
Thanks Guys.

View PostLobot, on 13 February 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

Excellent work Praiter Yed!  This looks really professional & it’s obvious that you’ve put a lot of time & effort into it.  I love Luke’s hat, really cute!  :wub:  :wub:  

Keep up the great work!  :thumbup:
Thanks, It doesn't really feel like I put a lot of time into it - but I just tinker with MOC's little bits at a time, whenever I get chance so It's probably taken longer than it should have  :grin:

View PostStoutFiles, on 13 February 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

I don't really need to wait for good light for this do I  *huh* . The only things worth noting are:

1. Attach the 1x1 round studs direct to the technic lift arms before attaching to the '1x1 brick with 4 studs on sides' otherwise the stud will be too far away from the 'track' and you won't get good connection. A partial connection to the brick is still strong enough to hold the treads in place, a partial connection to the lift-arm is not.

2. The front and back wheels are made from cut down lightsabre blades - not entirely necessary but I think they improve the look. Flex tubing would probably look OK but I didn't want the hole in the centre.

Posted Image

EDIT: I've just noticed that the blue cheese slopes are now available in 1 x 2  :sweet:

Edited by Praiter Yed, 14 February 2012 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image

#22 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Member: 15440

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

Very bautiful little scene! :sweet: I absolutely LOVE that Landspeeder design! :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users