Siegfried

EB Technic Meister: Are you one?

For the upcoming contest I want the winner to be selected from a function driven perspective, not aesthetics alone, so I will be stacking the deck in terms of votes. To do this (fairly) I need 5+ people to weed out the under-deserving entries. What am I looking for? People who appreciate Technic. People who see a model and won't say; "It looks too Technicy". :hmpf: Think you're qualified? Post here why then... :grin: Just be sure that you have the time to help... I'm hoping to be able to pick more than I need, but I'll want at least 5. Why? Well I'm happy for people to be able to enter the contest and be on the Meister panel, but to avoid any claims of bias I'll need to have their vote diluted enough.

Rewards? Not too many in the short term. I'll be creating a secret forum for the Meister to discuss Meistery things, and you'll probably all get a tag, but for those interested it could be a gateway to other things.... :wink:

(There's no hurry; I don't need to have these selected for at least a month.)

As has been pointed out by others, I'm not really a "MOCcer" but I do appreciate the great Lego Technic creations done by others. Since my idea for the upcoming contest has not been accepted, I volunteer to help "weed out the under-deserving entries". :look:

As has been pointed out by others, I'm not really a "MOCcer" but I do appreciate the great Lego Technic creations done by others. Since my idea for the upcoming contest has not been accepted, I volunteer to help "weed out the under-deserving entries". :look:

There's no need to be a MOCer (I'll update the post to clarify this), and I recognize your credentials. :laugh:

Consider yourself in. :sweet:

If you think I can be helpful, I also offer to make this happen and weed out some entries. :laugh:

Most certainly I won't participate in the contest, so more talented builders can participate instead of being tied to such tasks.

I think I'm qualified to be among these five people.

With all the Technic review I've written, now I can pretty easily "read" a model in order to find his strengths and weaknesses, both from technical and esthetical aspects. :)

If you think I can be helpful, I also offer to make this happen and weed out some entries. :laugh:

Most certainly I won't participate in the contest, so more talented builders can participate instead of being tied to such tasks.

I think I'm qualified to be among these five people.

With all the Technic review I've written, now I can pretty easily "read" a model in order to find his strengths and weaknesses, both from technical and esthetical aspects. :)

In, and in. :sweet:

BTW, I can't see any harm in allowing people who enter to be part of the panel. That's why I want at least 5, but preferably about 10. I'll clarify this as well. :laugh:

It will be a great honor for me Siegfried, if you consider, that you need an oppinion from impartial person. I'm also not a MOC'er, but I love to see a good technically sophisticated Technic creation. I'm a mechanical technician, so technical point of view is not unknown to me. I'll be glad, if you consider to invite me to this group of people.

I would love to join the panel of judges Siegfried! I love technical creations and i am not scared by a whole lot of gears :wink: . Would i be able to participate in the contest and still judge?

tim

It's either joining the jury or the participants for me.

And eventhough I do MOC every now and then; I would better be of better use as an impartial judge.

It's either joining the jury or the participants for me.

I would agree with that in order to avoid a conflict of interests.

Damb i'de like to do that. It's just a lack of time thing. For the next few months at least I won't even have the time to make MOCs myself. Oh well :cry_sad:

Edited by allanp

Interesting. Apparently it's going to be all-judges, no-contestants kind of challenge :)

My thoughts exactly. :)

I would agree with that in order to avoid a conflict of interests.

I can't see any issue with a person being on the panel. The rough plan for the voting is this;

1. People make MOCs.

2. The voting panel vote each pick, in no order, what half they think should be in.

3. I tally up the votes and I then have my weeded out list of the best entires.

4. EB selects the winner.

Providing we have enough entries and enough Meisters I think it'll still be fair. I've actually been wanting to experiment with this style of voting for a while... :laugh:

Damb i'de like to do that. It's just a lack of time thing. For the next few months at least I won't even have the time to make MOCs myself. Oh well :cry_sad:

It won't take that much time. When the time comes I'll ask for a list of at least 5 (but preferably 50% of the total entries) that you think should be included. I'll give about a week for everyone to decide, and I'll allow conversation and vote changing. So it'll take 5 minutes if you are pressed for time, but a week if you want...! :tongue:

So, it is or participant or "meister"?

If so, I want to be both :tongue:

No, serious, I think I want to participate in the contest rather than be a jury, but if there are really not enough "meisters", I always want to help :classic:

I would like to participate too, both as a contestant and as a jury, my credentials... technic builder since childhood, creator of a LEGO Technic Blog with 1 year old and moderator of Technic forum of Hispalug. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by parda

This thread is pretty full, so maybe I'm too late to join the party. In any rate, I have a certain amount of expertise in these matters and would certainly enjoy the opportunity to be on the panel if it is not too full already. I think the title under my avatar at left uniquely qualifies me to give the boot to unacceptable entries.

Edited by Blakbird

This thread is pretty full, so maybe I'm too late to join the party. In any rate, I have a certain amount of expertise in these matters and would certainly enjoy the opportunity to be on the panel if it is not too full already. I think the title under my avatar at left uniquely qualifies me to give the boot to unacceptable entries.

you're probably more qualified than any of us :classic: