MOC: DQ Class Loco

6 replies to this topic

#1 adrian_dixon

adrian_dixon

Member: 14762

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hello i just thought i would share a MOC that i have been working on for some time now, It is of a Tasrail DQ class loco number 2012 that was painted to commemorate 75 years of continuous mill operation at the MMG Rosebery mine.
I have started a MOC of another dq class loco in the old red and yellow livery with 2 power function m with both front and rear trucks powered unfortunately i can not fit the battery and ir receiver in the loco so it will have to go on a separate wagon, I will post up some pics once that is complete.
Now i have to give alot of credit to Daniel aubin for his instructions for the GE C30-7 on railbricks as i used the 3 axle truck design and got alot of ideas from that train.
Now i think my pics are to big to deeplink to the site so i will just link to my brickshelf folderhere
Hereis a link to a photo of the real loco
Let me know what you think and any ideas for improvement.
Here is a few resized images.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by adrian_dixon, 11 February 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#2 Hechristensen

Hechristensen

Member: 21622

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Very good work. I like the front of the train? What is the model? It looks somewhat like the BNSF....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Very nice engine 'adrian', perhaps you could resize and deep-link those resized images straight in to your post. :wink:
Excellent work, though that yellow will get dirty at the mines to easy ! :laugh:
Brick On 'adrian' ! :classic:

#4 JopieK

JopieK

• Kneecap Buster

Member: 1180

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Very nice indeed!!! Also looks like some Dutch trains (not the front).

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help?Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

-== Classic LEGO trains are the best ==-

Do you need replacement stickers for LEGO (reproductions and customs): ministickers.nl

What then about the LEGuanO?!

#5 spzero

spzero

Member: 23898

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

looks great and love the scale being 7 wide and all, well done, thanks for sharing.

#6 Dan-147

Dan-147

Member: 9312

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi adrian_dixon,

Very impressive.  I have to admit that what I thought was "wrong" about your model (unsymetrical front windows, low and square short hood) are spot on with the real loco's photo.  I can't think of very many ways to improve it as it is, maybe hang a 3854 or a 60608 behind the cab (although I'm not sure how...)

By the way, the three-axle truck is not my design.  I borrowed it from Scot Ward.  It was featured in Railbricks issue 6, page 62-65.

Dan-147
My trains

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 adrian_dixon

adrian_dixon

Member: 14762

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

Thanks everyone for the comments. The front windows and the low hood are very distinctive features on this train so i spent a lot of time getting the windows right. I am happy with the look of the train I just wish I could sort out the last of the decals to finish it off. I will post up some pictures when I have all the decals done.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users