Jump to content


Review: 9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack


  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: On A Scale 1 To 5 (30 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Set?

  1. 1 - Poor (1 votes [3.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.33%

  2. 2 - Below Average (1 votes [3.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.33%

  3. 3 - Average (6 votes [20.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 20.00%

  4. 4 - Above Average (13 votes [43.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 43.33%

  5. 5 - Outstanding (9 votes [30.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Which ARF Trooper Is Your Favorite?

  1. 1 - The Old (11 votes [36.67%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 36.67%

  2. 2 - The New (19 votes [63.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 63.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 06 February 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

I would agree with that too but LEGO has always had four figs in a battle pack, so I can't really see them changing it.
Yes, but droid BPs have five 'Figs.

#27 Holodoc

Holodoc

  • Has finally seen the box


    Posts: 4019
    Joined: 24-November 06
    Member: 1094
    Country: Germany

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 05 February 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Anyways, when I saw that we were getting a new battle pack the year after we got a new Clone Wars one I was rather surprised but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it included four new minifigures, and a nice cannon.
A nice cannon? Well...

View PostChurchill, on 05 February 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

... The cannon doesn't really do anything for me.
This more what I think of it.

Honestly: These battlepacks are all about the minifigs. And the only reason I buy them. :laugh:
The other parts that come with it are plain padding.

Posted Image
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image


#28 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

I wondered how the Commando Droid may look with "normal" legs.

I also wondered how the ARC Trooper might look with a different armor. jmagaletta provided me with a shot since I don't won the Opress minifig. Thanks for the picture :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Brickadeer, 06 February 2012 - 07:05 PM.


#29 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Brickadeer, please resize those pics!!
Could someone take a pic of a commando droid with a Clone Trooper helmet on? (Like in "Rookies")

#30 mutley777

mutley777

  • The one and only Star Wars hoarder!


    Posts: 2219
    Joined: 29-January 05
    Member: 193
    Country: England

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Fantastic review Masked Builder! Some really great shots of the figs and the set. :thumbup: I am up to 4 of this set now still waiting for some good deals to kick in.


Brickaddeer 800 X 600 is the the maximum size for pictures on this forum. As legoman273 said you need to resize them.

#31 Davor

Davor

    Posts: 229
    Joined: 13-July 09
    Member: 6674
    Country: Croatia

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

I was wondering why did LEGO make ARF trooper with dark red hands. Well it is clear that arf trooper is part of rancor battalion,BUT that doesn`t explanes why did they put red hands since reference trooper on wookipedia was all white armour with just insignia on helmet....

...so...I figured if they put arc trooper that was on screen for like 1 sec 2x in the episode, maybe its the same thing with the arf trooper, so went to search for this missing red arm guys in the episode...


AND....  :classic:

Posted Image

Edited by Davor, 06 February 2012 - 06:43 PM.


#32 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

View Postmutley777, on 06 February 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Brickaddeer 800 X 600 is the the maximum size for pictures on this forum. As legoman273 said you need to resize them.
Ok! How do I do that?

edit:
It doesn't seem to work via BB Code. Ok, I resized them on my computer and used the new pics as links on brickshelf.

Edited by Brickadeer, 06 February 2012 - 07:07 PM.


#33 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostDavor, on 06 February 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

I was wondering why did LEGO make ARF trooper with dark red hands. Well it is clear that arf trooper is part of rancor battalion,BUT that doesn`t explanes why did they put red hands since reference trooper on wookipedia was all white armour with just insignia on helmet....

...so...I figured if they put arc trooper that was on screen for like 1 sec 2x in the episode, maybe its the same thing with the arf trooper, so went to search for this missing red arm guys in the episode...


AND....  :classic:

Posted Image
Where did you get that pic?

View PostBrickadeer, on 06 February 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Ok! How do I do that?
Well, we have tutorials in the General Discussion forum. You can always do what I did and join Flickr. They resize pics automaticly.

#34 mutley777

mutley777

  • The one and only Star Wars hoarder!


    Posts: 2219
    Joined: 29-January 05
    Member: 193
    Country: England

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostBrickadeer, on 06 February 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Ok! How do I do that?

edit:
It doesn't seem to work via BB Code.

Seeing as your pictures are on Brickshelf you need to resize them on your computer in paint or some other editing tool before you upload them.

#35 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

There is a slight variant of that ARF Trooper which currently is my favorite printing:

Posted Image

#36 Davor

Davor

    Posts: 229
    Joined: 13-July 09
    Member: 6674
    Country: Croatia

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostLegoman273, on 06 February 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Where did you get that pic?

screenshot S03 EP 01 - 06:58-07:01

#37 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostDavor, on 06 February 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

screenshot S03 EP 01 - 06:58-07:01
No wonder I didn't remember it! It's three seconds long.

#38 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Thanks everyone for the interest!

View PostLegoman273, on 06 February 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Yes, but droid BPs have five 'Figs.
Quite right, but the droid figures have a lot less plastic on them than do the clones.

View PostHolodoc, on 06 February 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Honestly: These battlepacks are all about the minifigs. And the only reason I buy them. :laugh:
The other parts that come with it are plain padding.
Yes I would quite agree.  The cannon is pretty lame but it's a nice parts pack.

View PostLegoman273, on 06 February 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Could someone take a pic of a commando droid with a Clone Trooper helmet on? (Like in "Rookies")
I would be happy too.  Just give me until this afternoon. :sweet:

View Postmutley777, on 06 February 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Fantastic review Masked Builder! Some really great shots of the figs and the set. :thumbup: I am up to 4 of this set now still waiting for some good deals to kick in.
Thank you.  I would love to get this set on sale.  It would make the deal so much sweeter. :sweet:

View PostDavor, on 06 February 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

I was wondering why did LEGO make ARF trooper with dark red hands. Well it is clear that arf trooper is part of rancor battalion,BUT that doesn`t explanes why did they put red hands since reference trooper on wookipedia was all white armour with just insignia on helmet....

...so...I figured if they put arc trooper that was on screen for like 1 sec 2x in the episode, maybe its the same thing with the arf trooper, so went to search for this missing red arm guys in the episode...


AND....  :classic:

*snip*
You're quite right.  I'm behind in the episodes so I haven't seen that one yet.

View PostBrickadeer, on 06 February 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

There is a slight variant of that ARF Trooper which currently is my favorite printing:

*snip*
Oh yeah that's a cool one.

#39 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 07 February 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Thanks everyone for the interest!


Quite right, but the droid figures have a lot less plastic on them than do the clones.


Yes I would quite agree.  The cannon is pretty lame but it's a nice parts pack.


I would be happy too.  Just give me until this afternoon. :sweet:


Thank you.  I would love to get this set on sale.  It would make the deal so much sweeter. :sweet:


You're quite right.  I'm behind in the episodes so I haven't seen that one yet.


Oh yeah that's a cool one.
I know that droids have less plastic than Clones. That's why I thought they could have added another droid.

View PostMasked Builder, on 07 February 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Thanks everyone for the interest!


Quite right, but the droid figures have a lot less plastic on them than do the clones.


Yes I would quite agree.  The cannon is pretty lame but it's a nice parts pack.


I would be happy too.  Just give me until this afternoon. :sweet:


Thank you.  I would love to get this set on sale.  It would make the deal so much sweeter. :sweet:


You're quite right.  I'm behind in the episodes so I haven't seen that one yet.


Oh yeah that's a cool one.
Very far behind! That was the first episode of season 3!

#40 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostLegoman273, on 07 February 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

I know that droids have less plastic than Clones. That's why I thought they could have added another droid.


Very far behind! That was the first episode of season 3!
Hmmm...I see what you mean.  That could be a possibility.

Oh, then I've seen that one. :grin:

#41 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 07 February 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

Hmmm...I see what you mean.  That could be a possibility.

Oh, then I've seen that one. :grin:
I didn't remember that shot either.

#42 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Okay Legoman273 here's your picture!

Posted Image

#43 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 07 February 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Okay Legoman273 here's your picture!

Posted Image
Thanks!

#44 Mr Man

Mr Man

    Posts: 4003
    Joined: 01-October 10
    Member: 13561
    Country: England

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostMasked Builder, on 07 February 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Okay Legoman273 here's your picture!
*Snip*

How well does it stay on?
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#45 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostMr Man, on 08 February 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

How well does it stay on?
Not well at all.  It's like putting a helmet on a 1x1 cone brick without pushing it on all the way.

#46 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

MB, is the visor of your new ARF identical to that of the old ARF? I'm asking because the visor of my new ARF is significantly bigger:

Posted Image

#47 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Mine is, if anything, smaller.  (I have two older ones so I compared both. :sweet: )

#48 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 08 February 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Mine is, if anything, smaller.
I hope noone will ever read this sentence without reference to the right context.

Did you see my pictures of the "modified" Commando Droid on page 2 btw? I think that he'd look pretty cute if legs were in the right colour.

Edited by Brickadeer, 08 February 2012 - 03:19 PM.


#49 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostBrickadeer, on 08 February 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

I hope noone will ever read this sentence without reference to the right context.

Did you see my pictures of the "modified" Commando Droid on page 2 btw? I think that he'd look pretty cute if legs were in the right colour.
:wall:

Yes I did, I do think they should be a good bit shorter but I think we won't be getting that.

#50 Davor

Davor

    Posts: 229
    Joined: 13-July 09
    Member: 6674
    Country: Croatia

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostBrickadeer, on 08 February 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

MB, is the visor of your new ARF identical to that of the old ARF? I'm asking because the visor of my new ARF is significantly bigger:


Got couple of old ones and couple of new ones and they are identical.  Guess you got a misprint.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users