Sign in to follow this  
Doornroosje

The Green Dragon Fortress

In the mountains of Mitgardia near its capital Valholl lies the Green Dragon Fortress, an Avalonian Embassy in Mitgardia.

1328439405m_SPLASH.jpg

1328439712m_SPLASH.jpg

The ambassador for Avalonia is the Green Rider Lord Cymric Beisdes his ambassador duties he also takes care ofcoördinating the Green Rider messenger services and businesses in Mitgardia.

1328439760m_SPLASH.jpg

The fortress has been build almost 200 years ago by the Green Riders just a few years after they were founded. In the early years is was just a simple stone building serving as a waystation for Green Riders on a mission travelling the roads between Avalonia and Mitgardia. In later years the Green Riders were allowed by the Mitgardians to fortify their building as a reward for their services. It has a long history. Recently Lord Cymric has been asked by Artorius himself to take up the role of ambassador in Mitgardia, because of his good relations in Mitgardia.

Although relatively small, the fortress has not only played an important role in protecting Avalonians and Mitgardians in times of war , but enabled important messages to be exchanged that changed history.

Recently as Historica is on the verge of chaos and possibly war once more, the messenger service of the Green Riders has become overloaded.

1328439409m_SPLASH.jpg

Kariny finds herself on the road again to deliver an important message to Valholl from her king. On the road she had to stop at the Green Dragon Fortress to find cover from a heavy blizzard.

The Green Fortress holds many secrets. Here you see Kariny showing you one of them, a secret door allowing messengers to enter en leave the fortress unnoticed or serving as an escape route.

1328439723m_SPLASH.jpg

1328439719m_SPLASH.jpg

The small courtyard with the entrance to the stables and the well that is supplied with water from deep under the mountains and even when it is many degrees below zeros it won’t freeze and provides the fortress with water.

1328440936m_SPLASH.jpg

1328439729m_SPLASH.jpg

1328439733m_SPLASH.jpg

On the first floor Lord Cymric is enjoying his lunch.

1328439753m_SPLASH.jpg

More pictures (interiour and building details) can be found at My MOCpages

I love the ground floor, with the courtyard and the stables and the little staircase - just perfect! The snow shots sell it well too. :thumbup:

Very well done! I especially like that you made an interior for it. The secret exit is neat as well.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

I just love your building style!! It´s unique, simple (that is good for me! :classic: ) and brilliant!

The different heights of the embassy and the courtyard is superb! I also like the fact that there are several chimneys on the building!

Very Mithgardia style but still a little touch of our beloved Avalonia!

Nice moc. The floors are indeed nicely done as is the woodwork!

(The snow was right on time for your moc :wink:)

This is great! I really like the exterior of the embassy, as it looks like it would fit in perfectly with the Dragon sets from last year. You have packed a lot into a small space with this one. I love the steps and balcony leading to the basement along with the arches beneath it, and the alley is a work of art. The history is great too. I know you have some history in your backstory as well, but if you could provide some on the History post, I will add them to our timeline.

Beautiful MOC!

Thanks for all your nice encouraging comments. I really tried to keep my own style, while setting the standard a bit higher for myself. I really am learning a lot from you all and the beautiful MOC's everyone is making for the Guild challenges and the free builds.

@roguegang, I have some nice history about the Green Riders, but that will have to wait till after my holidays.

@Captain Beerbard, thanks for your positive comment! Glad you like my MOCs. I'll try to keep up with my MOCs but some of our Avalonian Guild are really productive, so its' quite a challenge :wink:

Great work!

I really love the interiors and how thoughtfully they are laid out.

I also like the idea of building the wooden structure after the rest of the structure is already built to fortify it. The wooden fort part is very nicely done!

I do think the dark gray and lighter gray mix is a bit distracting on the main building, as is the wooden siding on the main building. The mix just looks a little chaotic to me.

I am going to need to use the Green Riders messenger service for sure. Through rain, sleet and snow! Indeed!

@Zcerberus Thanks for your comments and suggestions. First of all I am sorry to admit that I still don't have enough light or dark bley to build in just one colour. I agree with you that it would look cleaner in just one colour. On the other hand the mix of different styles used is intentional (little bit chaotic).I wanted to create a building that looks like it has grown over the years.

This is such a nice, cozy setting. The fortress looks a lot like some kind of Viking fort or something or how I would invision a Lego one. Very nice and somehow homey in general, though hardly what I would consider an embassey, but I love it all the same.