I try to build the new Crawler 9398. But it is very difficult because there are not enough pictures on the net. That's what I see:

fkgmqlu2.jpg

k4abeihr.jpg

nkgfea9e.jpg

pgf2ozuz.jpg

ids2h9b9.jpg

o4pqx535.jpg

dkodk3n8.jpg

ho23roai.jpg

2tcrj2pe.jpg

xx25igkl.jpg

82iszhnz.jpg

Now I need more pictures. And the new PF Motors...

Edited by Denny

I think you can put a 12th gear to the 20th and inside the 5x11 liftarm structure with the diferential inside again and other 20th gear with maybe a 12th gear...

Denny, you are off to a great start! Looks fantastic.

I try to build the new Crawler 9398. But it is very difficult because there are not enough pictures on the net. That's what I see:

fkgmqlu2.jpg

Now I need more pictures. And the new PF Motors...

I think the two 1x11 beams in the above picture should be replaced with this part:

64178.jpg?1

The differential would be inside this, with the 12-20 reduction alongside.

Nice work you're doing here! :thumbup:

@dhc6twinotter

That can be, but there is no room for a differential :look:

nem4gl9h.jpg

Edited by Denny

You have to remove the shocks too the right position is like in the unimog instructions, I think this set is more easy to do that unimog, the only problem are the motors :laugh:, good luck. Dhc6twinotter says the same that me in the up line but maybe better explained :sceptic: . Remove bricks and you will have room for the 5x11 liftarm structure and the diferential.

Edited by jorgeopesi

Judging by the metric ruler placed next to the chassis above, the 9398 Crawler appears to be CLOSE to the size of the 8297 Off Roader (~25 cm between the front and rear axles):

9398.jpg8297-1.jpg

Edited by DLuders

it seems that we have searched a solution for different problems. do you think the motor above the axle is the drive motor?

Edited by efferman

It has to be. The XL motor with the axle through the center would then be the steering motor.

By powering the front and back axle with 2 M motors gives a lot more driving power.

It has to be. The XL motor with the axle through the center would then be the steering motor.

By powering the front and back axle with 2 M motors gives a lot more driving power.

I agree with this except that i dont thinkg the center motor is necesserily of an XL size, i think it is more of M or L type of motor.. it is interesting looking att these pictures to see that so much gearing down is made from the drive motor to the wheels.

That is why they have build a new one.

Looking at the pictures again, it looks like there are all the same.

On the box there 2 and 1, but that has to be old M motors.

I think you need to replace the middle two grey pins with two 3 long pins with centre hole, you can then mount the suspention onto them. This will give you more room.

With the M-Motor he is very slow :thumbdown::cry_sad:

We need the new Motors NOW :thumbup:

Could you invert all the gears ? The torque won't be good, but I'm curious of the total speed/torque.

That is also my idea. But it does not fit

ejgyweup.jpg

Looking awesome! I'm guessing the new motors have pin holes on the sides, which uses those pin with bushing pieces to hold it in place. Maybe.