Jump to content


Why Can't I View Member Profiles?

FAQ view profile new member

188 replies to this topic

#126 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

    Posts: 2469
    Joined: 10-January 09
    Member: 4964
    Country: 미국

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

View PostArdelon, on 20 October 2011 - 04:48 AM, said:

I don't recall anything about this 10-post limit in any introductory topics, and I've actually read the stuff when joining. I think it should be mentioned somewhere, as a footnote in the member guidelines for instance. I was pretty confused about this myself when I was a complete newbie, and I almost asked the same question...

Well, it's implied in 'EB User Groups and Tags'...

#127 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

View Postfallenangel309, on 20 October 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

Well, it's implied in 'EB User Groups and Tags'...
And that is not a required read when joining this site.

#128 Ardelon

Ardelon

    Posts: 632
    Joined: 05-September 11
    Member: 20239
    Country: Slovakia

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

View Postfallenangel309, on 20 October 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

Well, it's implied in 'EB User Groups and Tags'...

A link to the 'EB User Groups and Tags' thread in the member guidelines, then.

#129 let go my lego

let go my lego

    Posts: 14
    Joined: 27-October 11
    Member: 21187

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:17 AM

I've recently joined this site. Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this message [#10221] You do not have permission to view the member listing. and or how to fix it?

#130 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

View Postlet go my lego, on 29 October 2011 - 06:17 AM, said:

I've recently joined this site. Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this message [#10221] You do not have permission to view the member listing. and or how to fix it?
Yes, and be sure to read existing threads first.

#131 let go my lego

let go my lego

    Posts: 14
    Joined: 27-October 11
    Member: 21187

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:25 AM

View PostBig Cam, on 29 October 2011 - 06:20 AM, said:

Yes, and be sure to read existing threads first.
Thanks! I guess I'll start posting more.

#132 PlaneCrazy

PlaneCrazy

    Posts: 63
    Joined: 07-October 11
    Member: 20831
    Country: Australia

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:57 AM

G'day,

Just wondering if the 10245 Error I get when I try and access "My Profile" is occuring due to myself being a new memeber or if it is an ongoing problem?

I have had this error occuring ever since I became a member of Eurobricks and I have not been able to find any info in the tutorials saying I should not be able to access it. In contridiction the turorials state I can change some of the settings in my profile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated" (Confusious)

#133 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

  • Stormed Out


    Posts: 4656
    Joined: 25-November 07
    Member: 2221
    Country: Canada

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

See here. :classic:

#134 PlaneCrazy

PlaneCrazy

    Posts: 63
    Joined: 07-October 11
    Member: 20831
    Country: Australia

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

View PostRicecracker, on 30 October 2011 - 03:13 AM, said:

See here. :classic:

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Jamie
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated" (Confusious)

#135 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

    Posts: 2469
    Joined: 10-January 09
    Member: 4964
    Country: 미국

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

Instead of moving all related posts from "Hello! My name is..." to this thread, why don't we move this thread to the "Hello! My name is..." subforum?

Edited by fallenangel309, 02 November 2011 - 07:21 AM.


#136 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

View Postfallenangel309, on 02 November 2011 - 07:20 AM, said:

Instead of moving all related posts from "Hello! My name is..." to this thread, why don't we move this thread to the "Hello! My name is..." subforum?
Because this is the forum were all the new members go to post their thread on not being able to see profiles, so in. hopes of some of them actually reading a topic before posting, this forum if where they will most likely see it, being that a good chunk of new members don't even bother making intro threads.

#137 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19295
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

View PostArdelon, on 20 October 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

A link to the 'EB User Groups and Tags' thread in the member guidelines, then.

View Postfallenangel309, on 02 November 2011 - 07:20 AM, said:

Instead of moving all related posts from "Hello! My name is..." to this thread, why don't we move this thread to the "Hello! My name is..." subforum?

Well I just added this to the registration process;

Quote

Thank you GalaxySII. Your registration has been submitted.

The board administrator has chosen to require validation for all email addresses. Within the next 10 minutes (usually instantly) you'll receive an email with instructions on the next step. Don't worry, it won't take long before you can post! Please note that you'll be a restricted member during your first 10 posts after which you'll automatically be upgraded to full membership. (Restrictions include profile editing and using the PM system.)

The email has been sent to xxxxxx@de-classic-space.com

Hopefully this will help.





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#138 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

    Posts: 2469
    Joined: 10-January 09
    Member: 4964
    Country: 미국

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

I have a feeling this isn't working.

View Postwertyuipo, on 11 December 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

Heya guys!
Im new here :)
Im superbokje from youtube you may know me :P

superbokje productions

If theres something wrong with the link just go here:

youtube.com/superbokje

Im making stopmotions on my channel

-wertyuipo


P.s if i go to prifiles or member list it says this:

[#10221] You do not have permission to view the member listing.

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

why cant i go there?


#139 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

View Postfallenangel309, on 11 December 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

I have a feeling this isn't working.
Well obviously you can't catch every single person, plus the new user has to actually choose to read it, that will always be a limitation, we can't force someone to actually read something, only to check a box saying they have.

#140 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19295
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

View Postfallenangel309, on 11 December 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

I have a feeling this isn't working.
It's no surprise that someone who puts as little care in his posts as wertyuipo does failed to read (and understand) the message.  :wink:





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#141 redcodekevin

redcodekevin

    Posts: 16
    Joined: 30-August 11
    Member: 20125
    Country: Costa Rica

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hello,

Reporting in. Hope this counts towards the 10-count.

#142 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

View Postredcodekevin, on 18 January 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Hello,

Reporting in. Hope this counts towards the 10-count.
Please don't post just for the sake of raising your post count, it is addressed in the Site guidelines as something we'd prefer you not to do.

Thank You.

#143 Ninten

Ninten

    Posts: 10
    Joined: 29-January 12
    Member: 25204

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

So, it's been confusing me, since I've been trying to click on my profile but it keeps on saying I can't view it, why is that?

#144 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

    Posts: 2469
    Joined: 10-January 09
    Member: 4964
    Country: 미국

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

The answer to your question is a little farther down the first page of this subforum (though it should have been addressed during the registration process).

#145 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostNinten, on 02 February 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

So, it's been confusing me, since I've been trying to click on my profile but it keeps on saying I can't view it, why is that?
Please search before making a new thread for website related questions.

Link removed because the thread went to Never Never land.

#146 cerebus76

cerebus76

    Posts: 31
    Joined: 02-February 12
    Member: 25496

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Big Cam, even though I already know the answer to why I can't view profiles, I find it amusing that when I click on the link you provided I get the error "[#10343] We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view."  I also find it amusing that hitting "reply" to tell you this quoted you, and since the quote had an html link I got this error: "You have posted a message with urls. Due to the fact that spammers really annoy Siegfried members can't post links until they have made 5 posts. Sorry...."

Edited by cerebus76, 22 February 2012 - 10:57 PM.


#147 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

View Postcerebus76, on 22 February 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Big Cam, even though I already know the answer to why I can't view profiles, I find it amusing that when I click on the link you provided I get the error "[#10343] We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view."  I also find it amusing that hitting "reply" to tell you this quoted you, and since the quote had an html link I got this error: "You have posted a message with urls. Due to the fact that spammers really annoy Siegfried members can't post links until they have made 5 posts. Sorry...."
The reason for that is because the thread I had linked has gone to a better place.


Sounds like many good reasons to participate and contribute in the forum to get to that magic 10 post count number. :wink:

#148 SDH

SDH

    Posts: 40
    Joined: 24-March 12
    Member: 27496
    Country: USA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

Thanks I Scream Clones for editing the first post with the answer to the question so I didn't have to slog through the entire thread.
I did see the post about how the 10 post minimum has been added to the TOS, however I couldn't find anything about it in the Help section of the site. It would be helpful if the isssue were addressed there as well.
Posted Image

#149 E2nO

E2nO

    Posts: 16
    Joined: 11-April 12
    Member: 27896
    Country: Germany

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

As I usually only post if I really have something to tell, this ten posts are representing quite a challenge for me.
However as I just started to leave the dark age (orders are submitted ... packets not yet received - I guess that there will be load of questions coming up soon. Especially as I will be a converted "Fishertechnik" Guy ... so Lego Technics will going to be my "domain" :blush:. But so far I have found all answers in the forum ... not having been required to do a single post!

Anyway, here we go with my fist post: I do have two recommendations - surprisingly both relating to this issue topic:

First: I would like to have this restriction stated and explained in the "Member Guideline" posting. That was the first place that I looked, when I found out that I cannot send PM and cannot see any profiles. As there was nothing in there, it took me quite a while and some distinct search to find this thread! I guess there are others that might not be so successful as me - and that will be very frustrating for them (especially as they cannot send a PM to an Admin either ..., see next recommendation)

Second: It would be great if members could PM Moderators and Administrators - regardless of their posting count.
However I can imagine that this is technically not possible to realize this ... but then you might be able to to have a "contact admin forum section" where every member can post, but the postings will only be visible for the administrators. And if that is still not possible, it would be great to have at least and published [-> Member Guidelines] e-mail address that one could send ones request / questions to the admins.

So ... I now hope that any admin is reading my post eventually. The advantage of PM would be that I would know that my "ideas" have be read ... even if the admins decide to no do anything. With this post I now will only know if they have read this at all ... or of they just don't like it / can't do it - if they post an answer in these thread.

Cheers, Enno [and yes: that is my given name, no abbreviation :laugh:]

#150 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

  • Returning Nocturnian Master


    Posts: 6210
    Joined: 30-March 08
    Member: 2955
    Country: Australia

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostE2nO, on 23 April 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

As I usually only post if I really have something to tell, this ten posts are representing quite a challenge for me.
However as I just started to leave the dark age (orders are submitted ... packets not yet received - I guess that there will be load of questions coming up soon. Especially as I will be a converted "Fishertechnik" Guy ... so Lego Technics will going to be my "domain" :blush:. But so far I have found all answers in the forum ... not having been required to do a single post!

Anyway, here we go with my fist post: I do have two recommendations - surprisingly both relating to this issue topic:

First: I would like to have this restriction stated and explained in the "Member Guideline" posting. That was the first place that I looked, when I found out that I cannot send PM and cannot see any profiles. As there was nothing in there, it took me quite a while and some distinct search to find this thread! I guess there are others that might not be so successful as me - and that will be very frustrating for them (especially as they cannot send a PM to an Admin either ..., see next recommendation)

Second: It would be great if members could PM Moderators and Administrators - regardless of their posting count.
However I can imagine that this is technically not possible to realize this ... but then you might be able to to have a "contact admin forum section" where every member can post, but the postings will only be visible for the administrators. And if that is still not possible, it would be great to have at least and published [-> Member Guidelines] e-mail address that one could send ones request / questions to the admins.

So ... I now hope that any admin is reading my post eventually. The advantage of PM would be that I would know that my "ideas" have be read ... even if the admins decide to no do anything. With this post I now will only know if they have read this at all ... or of they just don't like it / can't do it - if they post an answer in these thread.

Cheers, Enno [and yes: that is my given name, no abbreviation :laugh:]
I have passed it on to the Admins. Also it appears that a section has since been added to the Guidelines stating the 10 post limit for future reference.
Cheers
ISC.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image




Reply to this topic



  



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FAQ, view profile, new member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users