Lego Gladiator: Bloodbath trailer

3 replies to this topic

#1 Duck

Duck

• scRubber Duck

Member: 4078

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hi folks!

Just thought I'd show you something I've been worked on a little while ago and will probably be developing into a proper brickflick once I complete my current project. As the imaginative title cunningly suggests this is a gladiator movie. My original plan was that it would take place in a fantasy/more medieval setting, as when I filmed this a few months back the prospect of having Roman soldiers dotted around was non-existant! However, obviously we now do have Roman soldiers - huzzar!

So below is what I filmed a while ago as an experiment to see how gladiators would look in a brickflick and thought it was about time to show people!

Warning: Alongside Lego violence, the below video also contains a random swearword in the accompanying tune - you have been warned.

(Watch on youtube for "widescreen")

All feedback much appreciated!

Edited by Duck, 01 February 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#2 John31388

John31388

Member: 9501

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

Looks good so far can't wait to see more.

#3 The Pyrate

The Pyrate

Member: 24485

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

Brave shooting an animation with that large crowd in the background! Could probably use technic to make a mechanism that would alternately move the crowd up and down as you turned a wheel...actually, I think I'm gonna have to try that out sometime soon!

#4 Duck

Duck

• scRubber Duck

Member: 4078

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

Yes I can see that its quite ambitious having a crowd, yet at the same time I've witnessed a lot of Gladiatoresque videos on youtube which either have no crowd or a tiny one - so I'm hoping having a large crowd in the background will help to set this apart from the rest slightly. A mechanism would indeed be a good idea - let me know if you ever come up with one! :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users