Sign in to follow this  
Parrothead Rasmus

MOC: The Bathroom Duel

For my second Eurobrick's Community Build entry, I recreated Harry and Draco's duel in the 6th floor boy's bathroom, as seen in the book and film The Half Blood Prince. This MOC is a "mash-up" of the book and film version. In the book, the duel was brief and short. In the movie, it was longer and more violent. This is my visualization from the book with the violence from the film (if that makes sense). Comments and suggestions are always appreciated! :classic:

1327861412m_DISPLAY.jpg

1327861437m_DISPLAY.jpg

For additional images, check my MOCpages HERE.

Thanks! :sweet:

EDIT: I'll try to fix the image sizes. My apologies.

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

Another great entry! I like the broken stall door and wall, and the use of a pith helmet for the urinal is brilliant! Also, adding Ron was a nice touch! :laugh:

Are you gonna make a third entry? :sweet:

Awesome! I love the toilet seats and the spilled water. I would suggest that you could change Harry's and Malfoy's hair to to the shorter hair. That is, if you are trying to make it movie accurate. Overall, very nice! :thumbup:

Very nice! I love the urinal!

Thanks JackJonespaw! However, I can't keep all the credit to myself. My family helped me come up with that. :tongue:

Another great entry! I like the broken stall door and wall, and the use of a pith helmet for the urinal is brilliant! Also, adding Ron was a nice touch! :laugh:

Are you gonna make a third entry? :sweet:

Thanks Oky!

This is my last entry, but I can guarantee that you'll see more HP MOCs from me soon. :classic:

Great model! I especially like the overflowing sink and the puddle built into the floor :thumbup:

Many thanks!

Awesome! I love the toilet seats and the spilled water. I would suggest that you could change Harry's and Malfoy's hair to to the shorter hair. That is, if you are trying to make it movie accurate. Overall, very nice! :thumbup:

Thanks! I was actually going to that that, and I realized I didn't until after I took the pictures. I was to lazy to redo all of them. :tongue:

There are so many great details in this build (The toilet paper was a great touch :tongue: ) The room still seems like a battle scene as well, even with the added humour. Good work! :thumbup:

Nice little build. I like Ron being in the stall.

I haven't played the game, so I don't know how closely it resembles those. I like the stalls overall, but I'm not so sure about the green. Only because I haven't ever seen green stalls before. Otherwise, it's a nice little build with some action involved.

The only thing I would change is maybe adding some light trans-blue pieces mixed in with the clear to help simulate the water effect even further.

Keep up the good builds. I can't wait to see more HP MOCs.

Wait, what exactly is Ron doing in that stall? :look:

Wonderful MOC, I especially love the broken stall door and the water on the floor, the parts usage here was very inspired. I'm not sure about Malfoy's face, though..... It just looks a little more like how he would look after the Sectumsemptra charm than during the duel in my eyes. :sceptic:

Excellent MOC 'Parrothead Rasmus', looks like someone lit a match eh ? :laugh:

Great work on the bathroom fixtures and keep on casting those spells 'Parrothead Rasmus' ! :classic:

Wow, I can't believe no one has mentioned the beautiful detailing in the floor yet. The selection of colors in the bathroom work very well to highlight the scene, and the figure positioning looks spot-on to me. Very nice work overall. :thumbup:

There are so many great details in this build (The toilet paper was a great touch :tongue: ) The room still seems like a battle scene as well, even with the added humour. Good work! :thumbup:

Thank you very much Lego Pinocchio

What a fun entry! The toilet stalls kind of remind me of the ones in the game!

Yup- that was part of the idea. :tongue:

Thanks!

Nice little build. I like Ron being in the stall.

I haven't played the game, so I don't know how closely it resembles those. I like the stalls overall, but I'm not so sure about the green. Only because I haven't ever seen green stalls before. Otherwise, it's a nice little build with some action involved.

The only thing I would change is maybe adding some light trans-blue pieces mixed in with the clear to help simulate the water effect even further.

Keep up the good builds. I can't wait to see more HP MOCs.

In the first film, the bathroom stalls in the First-floor girls' lavatory were green, as can be seen below:

First_floor_girls_bathroom.jpg

I decided to use the green for the bathroom stalls in this scene to be consistent with the first film and due to a lack of reference pictures from this scene. And, I would've loved to include some trans light blue, but I don't have any. I keep that in mind whenever I get some. Thanks.

Great work, and I really love the collage and how it is put together. :thumbup:

Thanks Professor! :tongue:

Wait, what exactly is Ron doing in that stall? :look:

Wonderful MOC, I especially love the broken stall door and the water on the floor, the parts usage here was very inspired. I'm not sure about Malfoy's face, though..... It just looks a little more like how he would look after the Sectumsemptra charm than during the duel in my eyes. :sceptic:

It's the "added humour" as Lego Pinocchio said earlier. And I used that face for Malfoy because, in the grand scheme of things, he was a coward.

Excellent MOC 'Parrothead Rasmus', looks like someone lit a match eh ? :laugh:

Great work on the bathroom fixtures and keep on casting those spells 'Parrothead Rasmus' ! :classic:

Ha ha, probably!

Thanks again lightningtiger! :sweet:

Wow, I can't believe no one has mentioned the beautiful detailing in the floor yet. The selection of colors in the bathroom work very well to highlight the scene, and the figure positioning looks spot-on to me. Very nice work overall. :thumbup:

Thank you very much Poison Ivy! I was hoping someone would like that. I'm a very detailed oriented guy. :classic:

I would suggest that you could change Harry's and Malfoy's hair to to the shorter hair. That is, if you are trying to make it movie accurate.

Shorter hair for Malfoy? How much shorter can it get? :wacko:

I'm not sure about Malfoy's face, though..... It just looks a little more like how he would look after the Sectumsemptra charm than during the duel in my eyes. :sceptic:

Well, he was very unhappy in this scene. I think he was even crying when Harry found him there, so I think this face suits the scene very well.

Wow, I can't believe no one has mentioned the beautiful detailing in the floor yet. The selection of colors in the bathroom work very well to highlight the scene, and the figure positioning looks spot-on to me.

Actually, somebody did mention the floor, and I think the fact that the figures are positioned excellently goes without saying. :wink:

By the way, I think the toilet paper rolls should be attached horizontally, not vertically.

By the way, I think the toilet paper rolls should be attached horizontally, not vertically.

I couldn't think of anyway to do that, but I've seen some vertical hangars. :classic:

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus