BrickUtils is an utility for builders that use LEGO Digital Designer and LDraw-compatible CAD for designing models.
The main problem that BrickUtils tries to solve is the answer at the question: can I build this model with bricks I own?
So, with BrickUtils you can quickly build your brick catalog and check if you can build a model. You can also export list of bricks you can buy on BrickLink, to complete your brick collection.
Program main window
Example of exported bill of material (HTML, printable)
This thread holds all you need to know about BrickUtils
- Imports LDD project file (LXF or LXFML)
- Imports BrickLink set inventory, store inventory, order inventory
- Imports LDraw file format (MPD or LDR)
- Manage your collection of bricks, sets and bulk lots
- Display brick shape in 3D (from LDraw part library)
- Checks if you can build a model (from LDD, LDraw or a BrickLink set) against your brick catalog, and helps you to find alternate bricks
- Exports BrickLink "Wanted Mass Upload" XML file, to buy bricks on BrickLink
- Exports lists in printable HTML to helps pick bricks from your collection (a bill of materials)
- Exports wanted lists in user-defined format via templates (see manual)
- New releases check at startup
- Database update via Internet
- Imports and exports your bricks and sets catalog in XML format, for backup and upgrades
- Faster full text search in BrickLink and LDraw databases
- “Can Build?” function now includes an “export” button to create a wanted mass upload file from missing bricks, accepted by BrickLink
- Complete user manual (PDF, english and italian)
Program page on SourceForge
User manual (english)
User manual (italian)
Python version remain as history, and will not receive updates.
There is a mailing list and a complete manual.
Let me know what do you think about BrickUtils!
Edited by Mario Pascucci, 05 February 2015 - 06:37 PM.