BrickUtils is an utility for builders that use LEGO Digital Designer and LDraw-compatible CAD for designing models.
The main problem that BrickUtils tries to solve is the answer at the question: can I build this model with bricks I own?
So, with BrickUtils you can quickly build your brick catalog and check if you can build a model. You can also export list of bricks you can buy on BrickLink, to complete your brick collection.
thumb.png 13.61K 7 downloads
This thread holds all you need to know about BrickUtils
- Imports LDD project file (LXF or LXFML)
- Imports BrickLink set inventory
- Imports LDraw file format (MPD or LDR)
- Manage your collection of bricks, sets and bulk lots
- Display brick shape (from LDraw part library)
- Checks if you can build a model (from LDD, LDraw or a BrickLink set) against your brick catalog, and helps you to find alternate bricks
- Exports BrickLink "Wanted Mass Upload" XML file, to buy bricks on BrickLink
- Exports lists in printable HTML to helps pick bricks from your collection (a bill of materials)
- over 2700 BrickLink from/to LDD parts database
- over 2900 LDraw from/to LDD parts database
- Updated to LDD 4.3.6 and brick set 1033
- Includes LDraw part library update 2012-03
- Automatic database upgrade when installing new program releases
- Database update via Internet
- Imports and exports your bricks and sets catalog in XML format, for backup and upgrades
- Faster full text search in BrickLink parts and sets databases
- “Can Build?” function now includes an “export” button to create a wanted mass upload file from missing bricks, accepted by BrickLink
- Brick list "sanity check" (see manual)
- Complete user manual (PDF, english and italian)
- Windows portable (zip)
- Linux portable (experimental, tar.gz)
- Mac OSX 10.6 and later (experimental, tar.gz)
You can check planned development and functions here:
SourceForge development milestones and tickets
If you have an account on SurceForge, you can submit requests as a ticket, or add comments to existing tickets.
BrickUtils on SourceForge
BrickUtils web page
Let me know what do you think about BrickUtils!
Please use this thread for feedback and support on BrickUtils.
Edited by Mario Pascucci, 13 June 2013 - 03:13 PM.