Sign in to follow this  
______

Spartan Trireme MOC

Originally I only had this ship posted over on the Historical LEGO forum, thinking that it's not really suitable for the pirates theme. However after looking at the Ship MOCs Index I noticed that Galleys was listed as one of the ship types.

So I decided that I might as well add this ship over here. Feel free to delete this thread if you feel fit moderators if you think it isn't piratey enough :pir_laugh2:

This is a Trireme (Which means it had 3 rows of oarsmen), these were used during the 5th Century BC by Spartans during the Greco-Persian wars. Mine is based off a real replica off one (loosely) called Olympias. I think my favourite thing about this ship is the fact that very few people have replicated a Trireme in LEGO, It makes me feel unique :laugh:

So here it is.

6668756519_cfa605fd8e_z.jpg

The ram at the front is used to smash into other ships and hopefully make a hole in the hull. Triremes usually had eyes painted on the bow.

6668748539_51f3489020_z.jpg

This ship has 60 Minifigs to row it, they range from Darth Vader to Father Christmas.

6668739697_5ee2031b72_z.jpg

The back section of the ship uses a viking hull, the shape was perfect for the back, though I needed to add a bit extra to the sides using a bit of sloping and SNOT in order to cover up a big gap.

6668762055_b0739beffe_z.jpg

This is my favourite shot of the ship, probably because it's the only semi-clear one I have :laugh:

I hope you enjoyed seeing my slightly unconventional LEGO ship, Comments and Criticism are welcome!

:jollyroger:

Loved this when I saw it in the history forum. :pir-wub:

Now that you've posted it here why don't you try turning it into a cannon-era galley? Major changes I can think of are to make it into a one-decker, give it fixed cannons in front, and lateen sails.

It's a cool ship, but as this is a copy of the topic in the history forum I have to close this.

Indeed, galleys are listed as pirate ships, referring to galleys from the age of sail. (Venetia, Ottoman Empire...)

So I have to lock this up, as it doesn't fit within the category we're looking for, and there is already a topic about in the history forum, where it belongs. :pir-wink: