Is anyone interested if I share this tool I've written to support my own projects?
Basically it takes MLCad generated Parts List in a text file and generates the proper XML to upload to a BrickLink Wanted List.
* - Supports mpd files:
- - - Using multiple copies of a sub-model it adds the proper number of parts needed.
- - - Combines parts from all models in the file before generating the XML.
- - - If Color is specified for sub-model then it overrides the user set Main Color.
* - Select between New or Old Grays
* - User defines "Main Color"
* - User can set the Parts List ID
* - Automatically overrides some Part Numbers (for example "4093b" Train Base 6 x 28 to "4093a")
* - Ignores any parts that are "Edge_Color", I use this to include PF Connectors in the model but not the parts list.
* - Confirms with BrickLink that the part exists in the desired color.
Current Limitations (working on overcoming):
* - Sub-model file names can't have spaces
* - Colors conversion chart isn't complete
* - Parts conversion chart isn't complete
It's a Windows App, no plans to make Apple or Lunix version.
Feedback, suggestion etc are appreciated.
Edited by kyphur, 18 January 2012 - 08:13 PM.