DrNightmare, on 18 January 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:
Maybe I should shorten the hood by 1 stud next to the windscreen?...
I don't think one is enough. Look at a side photo of the real car and compare your proportions in relation to the size of the wheels. I looks too stretched.
I now feel that you have the height correct, but the length is wrong.
1. Move the 2x1 slope back one stud.
2. Move the 4x1 curved slope forward.
3. Shorten the hood just infront of the windshield by two studs at least. While you may need to do a different hinge design, you can keep the same one by having the clip brick come out as opposed to back from the front wheel.
4. The slope after the front wheel should be longer than the front one.
5. You may have to use a different slope for the rear; the flat two studs on top extend the roofline back too far. The rear is too fat and chunky, it slopes to a point.
I do like the way you did the side pipes though.
Edited by gotoAndLego, 19 January 2012 - 10:43 PM.