REVIEW: 853340 Minifigure Wedding Favour Set

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: On a scale of 1 to 5 (18 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this set?

1. 1 - Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 - Below Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 3 - Average (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

4. 4 - Above Average (8 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

5. 5 - Outstanding (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Will you consider using this product for your wedding banquet as wedding favours to be given to your guests?

1. Yes (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Maybe (8 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. No (6 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to share with all of you another new fantastical LEGO Lifestyle set. Most of the time, I don't review these LEGO Lifestyle sets but this particular set has definitely arouse lots of interest and perhaps to many others as well, especially those City aficionados. Without further ado, let me bring you a journey that "most" of us will have to go through one day.

Name: 853340 Minifigure Wedding Favour Set
Theme: Miscellaneous
Year: 2011
Pieces: 24
Minifigs: 2 minifigures
Price: USD $9.99, GBP 6.99, EURO N.A, SGD $13.90
Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original box image of the 853340 Minifigure Wedding Favour Set
Posted Image

Back view of the original box image of the 853340 Minifigure Wedding Favour Set
Posted Image

Wedding Bells!
Posted Image

Well, it's definitely in life that "wedding" is one of the most important milestones that you will encounter in your life. A bond between both parties, known as the Groom and the Bride, ultimately Husband and Wife respectively. This is something which we have to embrace in life and I am pretty certain none of us will have expected to see this particular LEGO Lifestyle set, making into the limelight of wedding mood through the unique usage of minifigures wedding favours.

I must admit that this is a superb idea and if I am actually considering doing one, provided if I can afford the budget to do so. Because most of the time, you will need to give to at least 200 guests and imagine the grand total for the wedding favours. IMHO, I don't think it is economical to do so, especially it's 6 times the price of a typical wedding favours that you will see in banquets. However, this is still an ideal wedding favour to be given out in a wedding dinner, especially if the other party like LEGO, have the budget and agrees to do so.

Instruction Manual
Posted Image

The LEGO building content
Posted Image

There are few LEGO building parts and it's mainly for assembling the minifigures together. The stand and the decoration take up most of the space in the box.

Looking at the content of the wedding stand
Posted Image

As you can see, the separate leaflet has indicated that the wedding stand is meant to be used for "table decoration" and in most cases, it is used as a form of gift in wedding dinners or receptions to give to the guests as wedding favours. So, let's see how we can put this together.  

Putting them together
Posted Image

By peeling the tape on the open-ends, it will enable them the 2 parts to be stick together through the use of 3M effective sticky paste solution. Not much of a hassle and the instruction manual below shows it all. For sure, I am not going to try out with mine set but I will trust that 3M products will have much lasting stick compared to other generic kinds.

Putting the parts together
Posted Image

The LEGO building elements
Posted Image

As you can see, most of the parts are meant to build the minifigures together except for some white plates. In fact, most of the white plates are meant for the bride too. Read on to find out more.

What type of flowers do you prefer?
Posted Image

Obviously, the bride can have a choice to select her own preference for her boutique of flowers or placed the different variety together for a better appeal.

The Bride and the Groom
Posted Image

Just take a moment and look at their joyful expressions! The bride is very pretty in her wedding gown, plus the fact that it actually comes with a veil to cover her head and tiara on top. No doubt, the main highlight is focusing on the bride's outfit. The back of her dress is fantastic, while the entire dress is extended by the white cheese-slopes. I simply can't take my eyes off her. What's best of all, it even comes with 2 additional different hairdo colours to complement the bride. You can pick your own choice and to me, I think it's great to stock up more of the LEGO female hairpieces.  :wub:

On the other hand, the Groom is not very special. There are no new parts for the groom's outfit. Furthermore, the groom's torso is the same as the 8683 Series 1 - Magician. I wished TLG had actually came out a new groom outfit for this fellow. Despite of the typical groom's outfit, it is still up to us to customise the outfits and expressions for both of them! I think it's fun that this set provided a very good foundation for a wedding minifigures template for one to customise with.

Which hairdo fits your bride the best?
Posted Image

The completed set!
Posted Image

The happy blissful LEGO wedding couple!
Posted Image

To conclude, I totally enjoyed this set very much especially the entire concept despite of the fact that it is a LEGO Lifestyle product. In fact, this product far exceeds my expectations and scored high in many aspects. More importantly, apart from the wedding couple that was first found in the 10184 Town Plan which was put together through existing LEGO parts, this one have a brand new wedding gown for the bride.

It's inexpensive, considering that it's a small-sized LEGO set and it can be used as an ideal gift for the newly weds. I am intending to give one to one of my newly wed friends and I do think that it will make a wonderful gift too. Except that I will think it is very costly and expensive to use it as actual wedding favours. An outstanding set with good amount of minifigures' accessories except for the groom which I kind of dislike. Other than that, this will be one of the set that I will acquire multiples of it.  :grin:

Summary review
Playability: 9/10 (Good to integrate it with your LEGO City and Town set-up.)
Design: 9/10 (Everything is good plus the extra hairdos' parts, but the groom's torso doesn't scored well.)
Price: 9/10 (Inexpensive LEGO set but definitely expensive to acquire it as wedding favour.)
Overall: 9/10 (If you ever see it, just grab it without any hesistation.)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.
Pictures can be found in My Flickr and My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Edited by WhiteFang, 10 January 2012 - 02:55 AM.
Indexed

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#2 Mr Benn

Mr Benn

Member: 16838

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

Nice review Whitefang :)

I quite like this set, apart from the fact that the groom looks more like a 16 year old on prom night with the magician's torso - luckily there are a few better 'suit' torsos that would suit the groom better.

The bride on the other hand is really nice - I like the fact that they have made her the same height as the groom for a change, and how the dress is now longer than the standard dress slope!

I certainly wouldn't expect these to be given out as wedding favours to people given the cost (we didn't do favours, we did a raffle instead so a handful of people got really nice things and it was great!), but it certainly would be a nice gift to give to people getting married sometime!

#3 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

:tongue: You bought this too! I've taken photos for a review but I'll probably not post them now. It's a cool set, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the extras.

Thanks for the review!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#4 nicoga3000

nicoga3000

Member: 14758

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

This is a cute little set - my fiance will appreciate it, too (getting married this December!).  I just ordered one thanks to this review!   :thumbup:

#5 Cardinal Brick

Cardinal Brick

• Academy Teacher

Member: 2547

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the review. I have to say I love this set especailly the fact that you get three diffrent sets of hair. Though I think it might be slightly effected by the fact I can have this on my desk and work and no one not even the public thinks it's weird.
Posted Image    Posted Image

#6 snefroe

snefroe

• waisted plastic

Member: 230

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

nice to see this set from a bit closer. i think it's a great and creative gift to a couple that is getting married. in any case, far better than another bunch of flowers, chocolates, ...

#7 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostMr Benn, on 09 January 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

I quite like this set, apart from the fact that the groom looks more like a 16 year old on prom night with the magician's torso - luckily there are a few better 'suit' torsos that would suit the groom better.
I agreed. Luckily, there are some other nice existing suit torsos to change the groom's outfit.

View PostSiegfried, on 09 January 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

:tongue: You bought this too! I've taken photos for a review but I'll probably not post them now. It's a cool set, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the extras.
You ought to share with us too! I am looking forward to read your thoughts about this wonderful set. I am also pleased to note that this set appears in Australia as well. Thank goodness, this was not exclusive to LEGOLAND stores.

View Postnicoga3000, on 09 January 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

This is a cute little set - my fiance will appreciate it, too (getting married this December!).  I just ordered one thanks to this review!   :thumbup:
Congrats nicoga3000!

View PostCardinal Brick, on 09 January 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Thanks for the review. I have to say I love this set especailly the fact that you get three diffrent sets of hair. Though I think it might be slightly effected by the fact I can have this on my desk and work and no one not even the public thinks it's weird.
I also had it placed on my office desk and it attracted positive comments from non-LEGO fans.

View Postsnefroe, on 09 January 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

nice to see this set from a bit closer. i think it's a great and creative gift to a couple that is getting married. in any case, far better than another bunch of flowers, chocolates, ...
Definitely so! It is unique in its own class.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

#8 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

• SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Member: 16567

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

Awww that's adorable.

I saw something similar / same? at the Lego store, but they called it 'Cake Topper'

Though I think you are mistaken - the packaging says 24 pieces, not 2.
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

#9 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostSI-mocs, on 10 January 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Though I think you are mistaken - the packaging says 24 pieces, not 2.
I must have munched the "4" by mistake.  :tongue:

Thanks SI-mocs.

#10 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

Member: 17142

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Nice review, good little set, personally i think the arch and base should be done in Lego but that's me  :hmpf_bad:
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#11 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

Great review Fangy, thanks for sharing! :thumbup: I admit I'm really considering these for "future use", as they are really cute and unique wedding giveaways. By the way are these available in Singapore LEGO stores? I seem to haven't spotted any yet when I'm going around the stores...

#12 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostKielDaMan, on 11 January 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

Great review Fangy, thanks for sharing! :thumbup: I admit I'm really considering these for "future use", as they are really cute and unique wedding giveaways. By the way are these available in Singapore LEGO stores? I seem to haven't spotted any yet when I'm going around the stores...
You got to grab it when you see it! I bought mine last month, in Singapore and it appears this set is currently sold out. Not sure when they are re-stocking, but I really hope to pick more of it too. It makes an ideal gift to friends, namely wedding couples! I will give you a thumbs up, if I see it anywhere or even get it for you first.  :wink:

#13 Esurient

Esurient

• aka Romeo

Member: 17675

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

The bride reminds me of CMF Series 7. I might wait it out for Series 7 to be released before considering this set if I am going for the minifigures only. Overall this set is great, but I prefer it to be more lego-ish.
Now appearing as Elin Surefoot 397 years old Dwarven Cleric in Sandy's Cruel Angel's Thesis

#14 Duck

Duck

• scRubber Duck

Member: 4078

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:46 AM

After years of my girlfriend taking the mick out of me for my lego hobby, whilst in the Lego store in Liverpool, this set caught her eye and she bought it, saying it was "cute". She loves it (I think she might be hinting at something also).

Personally I was delighted at the extra sets of hair that came with it, and so I'm sure those will strangely find their way onto my lego figures heads!

#15 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Doesn't like cherry talk

Member: 18405

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:51 AM

Nice review! I like the three hair colors, as well as the way the bride is the same size as the groom. However, it does look a bit strange.

My Flickr

I've done a lot of Mafia games over the years. Somehow, I haven't improved at all.

Scott. Great Scott, if you will.

Working on...another...Mafia...story...

#16 Legogal

Legogal

• poet laureate

Member: 23979

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

I like this set in general but would prefer a flesh skin color and options for darker skin and Asian and darker heads. And the other decorations should be Lego, too. It is great that they introduced a wedding couple.

If it had been out in time for my son's wedding last year, we would have had to choose between this and Playmobil's wedding couple, which we used as his cake topper. I like the PM couple better because their larger size allows for more details. PM also had the whole wedding theme done beautifully...church, limo, pianist, catered meal under a tent, photographer, etc. We set it out on a table, and the guests loved it.

Maybe Lego will do a similar theme; it could be very popular! This would fit quite well with the Friends theme, and females love to plan weddings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users