kimi

How do you Clean Your Layout?

What is the best way to keep Lego clean. I have a permanent layout and i just use a hover and a duster is there any better way of doing this?

Thanks Kimi

Hoover and duster are OK.

I also use a paintbrush and an air duster (can of compressed air).

I also try and keep things covered up or boxed when I can. You have a permanent layout but you can take some vehicles/trains off and keep them stored out of harm's way and cover the rest over with cheap/old sheets.

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Hoover and duster are OK.

I also use a paintbrush and an air duster (can of compressed air).

I also try and keep things covered up or boxed when I can. You have a permanent layout but you can take some vehicles/trains off and keep them stored out of harm's way and cover the rest over with cheap/old sheets.

Cheers

Rog

Thanks for that Rog

What is the best way to keep Lego clean. I have a permanent layout and i just use a hover and a duster is there any better way of doing this?

Thanks Kimi

I have a large piece of plastic between two 3 meter long wooden sticks... Everytime i leave my layout, i spread the plastic over my layout.. Over another part of my layout hangs also a sheet of plastic, 3 x 3 meters...... It hardly gets dusty in this way...

Succes

Greetz, LegoSjaak

As for keeping 9v track clean, it's worth keeping a clean eraser at hand - giving the track a gentle rub in the places that appear to have the weakest flow of power. Also, from time to time you can use a bit of Mentholated Spirits and some paper towel to wipe down the whole track, perhaps every six months or so.

Good luck!

For the LEGO bits, we use a paintbrush, compressed air, and a hand-held Dyson on occasion. For the 9V track, I recommend using something like this little gem. It has a light abrasive and seems to work very well on 9V rails.

-- Davey --

Here is my layout. It is on an old single bed frame with the legs taken off and its resting on the slats on a table overall layout size is 3 ft by 8 ft.

post-22049-132636041137.jpg

Edited by kimi