MOC: MOW Vechicle

2 replies to this topic

#1 Deeks

Deeks

Member: 15443

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

So I received 2 3179s (City repair truck) for my birthday from different people last year. I had them both in different parts of my city but I thought one could be made into a MOW vehicle. I had already MOD'd one of them, reworking the storage boxes and cherry picker so I decided to MOD it some more. This week I picked up 2 7936s, mainly for the track and the parts I figured I needed for my new vehicle.

The first challenge was to add the train wheels to my truck. To do this I raised the entire truck one plate to allow room for the train wheels to fit under the bumpers when in the up position. I also had to modify both bumpers to make room. I swapped out the cherry picker for the crane arm. With the exception of a couple of plates this is built entirely from the original two sets.

Here it is with the crane arm deployed
Posted Image

You can see I replaced the cheeseslopes with plates on the front bumper. This gives just the smidge of space needed when the wheels are up. I put those cheese slopes on the roof to serve as a holding place for the crane are when it is not deployed.
Posted Image

The rear view. I made the rear bumper only one stud high. I also pushed it out a brick to make it flush with the back of the truck box.
Posted Image

The other side with tool rack.
Posted Image

Crane arm put away. There is an area for misc cargo.
Posted Image

Another shot from the side with the train wheels in the up position.
Posted Image

There you have it. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Deeks, 08 January 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#2 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Nice this "rail" version of the repair truck!  :thumbup:
Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 clcwong

clcwong

Member: 3752

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

Nice mod on the truck! :thumbup:

Reply to this topic