Jump to content


Heroica RPG - Heroica Arena


1001 replies to this topic

#26 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 4171
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: USA

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Posted Image vs. Posted Image


Let the Battle Commence!

Battle Order:
Tarn
Knifk
My Collection

Posted Image


Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats


#27 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2803
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

With a bellow totally unlike his milder speaking voice, Tarn hefts his water-elemental battle axe and charges at Knifk, attacking from the front row.
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#28 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

    Posts: 1815
    Joined: 24-September 11
    Member: 20608
    Country: US of A

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Dak yanks himself up and stems the bleeding from his head.
"No, I'm alright," he said to the cleric rushing over. "I'll be fine." He lurches forward with a staggering step, then recovers his balance before he falls. He speaks to Guts. "Suprising. You have more mettle than I expected. Don't think it will save you, however. Next time, I will prevail! Now, I'm off to the bar to get a drink. Perhaps tomorrow we might have a rematch."
Dak recovers enough to nimbly dodge the Barbarian's screaming charge. "Whoa, easy there. You don't want to kill the guy. Or maybe you do. Whichever. Maybe Barbarians think differently than Rogues." Dak mutters this last part to himself and continues walking, out the door, down the hallway, and back to the bar.

OOC: Wow, really didn't expect a KO like that in the first round! I thought the battle might last a few rounds at least, what with me and Guts being the same level and power. Still, I must commend Scubacarrot on his victory! Don't think there won't be a reckoning in our rematch, though.... :devil:
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.
.

#29 Xarrzan

Xarrzan

    Posts: 350
    Joined: 18-October 11
    Member: 21016

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostScubacarrot, on 08 January 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Guts jumped down into the duelling pit, only his weapon in hand, Ready to attack Dak from the front row!

Sarick slithered up to Guts as he got out of the pit.

"You won your first duel rather quickly so I assume you have not exhausted yourself.  I have rested from my lost duel and wish to duel again while I am here.

I, Sarick (Xarrzan), would like to challenge Guts (Scubacarrot), to a duel!"

#30 Bioniclover

Bioniclover

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 26-August 11
    Member: 20034

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

Knifk snarls, readies his upgraded sword and shield, and attacks with his Tfel Blade from the front row.

Posted Image
Knifk: Level 15 Black Knight, 30 year old male *Counter Striking* Orc
Health: 33/33 Power: 25 Shield Power: 9 Gold: 1
Inventory:

Spoiler


#31 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 4171
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: USA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

Tarn vs. Knifk: Critical Hit.
Knifk vs. Tarn: Hit

Tarn starts off landing a critical hit on Knifk, but thanks to his shield, only absorbs 13 damage. Knifk falls back and swings at Tarn, but only lands 7 damage on him.

Posted Image Tarn Valco, Level 10 Barbarian, 21 year old human male. Power: 19 Health: 10/17
Posted Image Knifk: Level 7 Knight, 30 year old male Orc. Power: 14 Health: 3/16

Battle Order:
Knifk
Tarn
My Collection

Posted Image


Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats


#32 Bioniclover

Bioniclover

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 26-August 11
    Member: 20034

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

"Ugh... :wacko: " Knifk groans at the impact on his shield, the mighty blow seemed to have dislocated or fractured his arm by the sheer force of ot's impact. He swung Tfel at Tarn from the front row with his good arm.

Posted Image
Knifk: Level 15 Black Knight, 30 year old male *Counter Striking* Orc
Health: 33/33 Power: 25 Shield Power: 9 Gold: 1
Inventory:

Spoiler


#33 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 6325
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostXarrzan, on 10 January 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Sarick slithered up to Guts as he got out of the pit.

"You won your first duel rather quickly so I assume you have not exhausted yourself. I have rested from my lost duel and wish to duel again while I am here.

I, Sarick (Xarrzan), would like to challenge Guts (Scubacarrot), to a duel!"

Guts grins.

"Alright Scaly, I accept your challenge, Lets wait until Knifk and the barbarian are done."

Posted Image


#34 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2803
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Tarn felt the familiar rush of adrenaline as he landed a mighty blow across Knifk's shield, hard enough to jar the big Knight.  This unfortunately left him open to a counter which the Orc took advantage of, and he winced in pain as the Tfel Blade sliced into his unprotected shoulder.

He shook his head, readying himself for the Knight's incoming attack.  He will counter, swinging Kyrferath from the front row.
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#35 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 4171
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: USA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

Knifk vs. Tarn: Hit
Tarn vs. Knifk: Critical Hit

Knifk comes back from his recent almost-defeat, and hits Tarn once again, dealing 7 damage. Knifk gets cocky, and is unaware of Tarn's next swing, and is dealt with a critical hit equal to 13 damage.

Tarn Valco is the winner!

Posted Image vs. Posted Image


Let the Battle Commence!

Battle Order:

Sarick
Guts
My Collection

Posted Image


Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats


#36 Xarrzan

Xarrzan

    Posts: 350
    Joined: 18-October 11
    Member: 21016

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Sarick watched the massive damage the barbarian dealt.  He lowered his items and once again held his Opal Gem and Dragon's Wrath staff.  He slithered down into the pit while the other combatants got out.  Sarick focused on the magic and attacked Guts from the back row with an ice spell.

#37 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2803
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Tarn grinned as he helped the big Orc Knight up from the Arena floor. "A grand battle, friend. Come, let us share a drink back at the Hall and toast as many Gods of War as we see fit!"
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#38 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 6325
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Guts jumped in the pit, and performed a cautious attack from the back row.

Posted Image


#39 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 4171
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: USA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

GM Note:
I'm not going to be back until the afternoon today and I'm a bit pressed for time right now. If any other of the Battle Masters want to do this battle, be my guest. :classic:
My Collection

Posted Image


Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats


#40 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21074
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Round One:
>Sarick Lanse vs. Guts Holla - Hit
>Guts Holla vs. Sarick Lanse - Hit

The two of you jump into the arena and circle each other, looking for an opening. Sarick, you draw first blood, letting loose a Hit that causes 3 Ice Elemental Damage. Guts, you are quick to recover, sprinting in before Sarick can react. You embed your Lifestealer in the Mage's side, gaining 3 Health for yourself and dealing 1 Damage.

The two Level 7 combatants seem evenly matched, and the battle continues...


Combatants:

Posted Image
Sarick Lanse, Level 7 Mage (Xarrzan)
Power: 13
Health: 10/11
Ether: 10/11
Gold: 35
Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning), Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

Posted Image
Guts Holla, Level 7 Rogue (Scubacarrot)
Power: 14
Health: 13/13
Gold: 65
Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7; attacks restore 3 health), Potion, Bedroll, Shovel


Both of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

#41 Xarrzan

Xarrzan

    Posts: 350
    Joined: 18-October 11
    Member: 21016

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sarick released the lesser surge of magic, felt the ice leave his palm and saw the shards impact his target yet Guts seemed unphased. "Must be some rogue trick" he thought to himself. "I'll have to use a more powerful attack and stop getting nicked by that dagger." Sarick attacked from the back row with ice magic.

#42 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 6325
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

"Lets do this the hard way then, Scaly!"

Guts launches another cautious attack from the back row.

Edited by Scubacarrot, 11 January 2012 - 10:03 PM.

Posted Image


#43 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21074
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

Round One:
>Guts Holla vs. Sarick Lanse - Special Damage
>Sarick Lanse vs. Guts Holla - Damage

The two of you step back for a moment, but as neither of you is majorly hurt, you quickly engage in battle again. Guts, you make the first move this time, but Sarick is ready for you, unleashing a Magic Burst that deals 9 Damage. With Guts crippled, Sarick, you move in for the kill, but the Rogue rolls away from your strike and slashes his dagger along your arm for 1 Damage while restoring 3 Health to himself.

Sarick, you now have the upper hand, and the battle continues...


Combatants:

Posted Image
Sarick Lanse, Level 7 Mage (Xarrzan)
Power: 13
Health: 9/11
Ether: 10/11
Gold: 35
Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning), Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

Posted Image
Guts Holla, Level 7 Rogue (Scubacarrot)
Power: 14
Health: 7/13
Gold: 65
Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7; attacks restore 3 health), Potion, Bedroll, Shovel


Both of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

#44 Xarrzan

Xarrzan

    Posts: 350
    Joined: 18-October 11
    Member: 21016

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

Sarick unleashes a torrent of frost yet Guts isn't as hurt as he should be. "Everytime I hit him, he hits me. I've got to keep hitting harder." Sarick once again attacks Guts from the back row with ice magic.

#45 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 6325
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

"Gods damn it, Scaly, Get out of that back row!"

Guts felt his body temperature cooling, Sarick's ice magic was quite effective, perhaps he would be shopping for a warm coat after the battle.

As a final act, all or nothing, Guts attacked Sarick from the front row!

Posted Image


#46 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21074
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Round Three:
>Sarick Lanse vs. Guts Holla - Damage
Guts Holla vs. Sarick Lanse - Hit

Guts, you're limping a bit and are clearly hurt, but as Sarick prepares to unleash the coup de grĂ¢ce, you nick his hand and land a Hit, restoring 3 of your own Health and dealing 3 Damage. You follow up with a Hit that slices off a couple fingers for 3 more Damage, in the process restoring 3 Health.

The tide may very well have turned in this, the third Round, as the battle continues...


Combatants:

Posted Image
Sarick Lanse, Level 7 Mage (Xarrzan)
Power: 13
Health: 6/11
Ether: 10/11
Gold: 35
Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning), Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

Posted Image
Guts Holla, Level 7 Rogue (Scubacarrot)
Power: 14
Health: 13/13
Gold: 65
Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7; attacks restore 3 health), Potion, Bedroll, Shovel


Both of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

#47 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 6325
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

(I should have full health now, right?)

"I knew this piece of magic scrap would be useful! Scaly, come at me!"

Guts runs towards Sarick for a final attack from the front row.

Posted Image


#48 Xarrzan

Xarrzan

    Posts: 350
    Joined: 18-October 11
    Member: 21016

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

OOC: Unfortunately, I believe guts is at full health.

Sarick was taking far too many hits from the rogue and he looked better each round. "I'm lowering the temperature in this arena!" Sarick attacked from the back row with an ice spell.

#49 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21074
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

Round Four:
Guts Holla vs. Sarick Lanse - Damage
>Sarick Lanse vs. Guts Holla - Miss

With the statistics on your side, Guts, you charge forward to finish the Mage, but he's too quick, hitting you with a spell that deals 6 Ice Elemental Damage. You only just manage to get up in time to leap out of the way of a second spell.

You two are breathing hard, now, and are equally exhausted and hurt. The battle continues...


Combatants:

Posted Image
Sarick Lanse, Level 7 Mage (Xarrzan)
Power: 13
Health: 6/11
Ether: 9/11
Gold: 35
Inventory: Dragon's Wrath (WP: 6), Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning), Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

Posted Image
Guts Holla, Level 7 Rogue (Scubacarrot)
Power: 14
Health: 7/13
Gold: 65
Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7; attacks restore 3 health), Potion, Bedroll, Shovel


Both of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

#50 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 6325
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

"Bloody mages."

Guts once more attacked Sarick from the front row.

Posted Image




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users