Jump to content


Layout: Train Layout of Patrick


105 replies to this topic

#1 patje

patje

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 999
    Country: belgium

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:17 PM

Posted Image

hello I am new here  :-$
and for this reason I want present myself by means of my Internet site
legotreinen and bldg.
gladly response concerning what you think of it.

thanks Patrick.
;-)

link: My Webpage
interested in legotrains& bldg.  see my Internet site
Visit My Website
Visit My brickshelf page
Visit My Legotrainforum

#2 Grrr

Grrr

    Posts: 174
    Joined: 18-August 06
    Member: 911
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:59 AM

Every time I see those nice late '80s trains I drool. Too live in europe and buy these would be wonderful (not many come up in NZ, let alone for less then an exhorbitant price).

Your pictures are great, a good inspiration, but I do find the scrolling marquee text on your thumbnails page to be highly distracting.

#3 snefroe

snefroe

  • waisted plastic


    Posts: 4451
    Joined: 14-February 05
    Member: 230
    Country: belgium

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

welcome  *sweet*

there are some pretty great details on your layout! love that shot with the engines and the watertank 8-°  and the high voltage central looks awesume! Is that actual wire in cupper, or just something that looks like that?

#4 alex54

alex54

  • CC reducer, city expander


    Posts: 1409
    Joined: 01-December 05
    Member: 560
    Country: France

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:56 AM

Hello Patrick and welcom to the train and town section!

Your layout is beautifull, with a lot of train tracks, and some good features. A nice layout!

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#5 patje

patje

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 999
    Country: belgium

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

 snefroe1, on Oct 3 2006, 10:17 AM, said:

welcome  *sweet*

there are some pretty great details on your layout! love that shot with the engines and the watertank 8-°  and the high voltage central looks awesume! Is that actual wire in cupper, or just something that looks like that?


Hello

It are indeed wires from cupper,
where electricity can passed trou.

greets Patrick.
interested in legotrains& bldg.  see my Internet site
Visit My Website
Visit My brickshelf page
Visit My Legotrainforum

#6 Jipay

Jipay

  • Steve Wet


    Posts: 8388607
    Joined: 27-January 04
    Member: 1
    Country: France

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:22 PM

Nice layout ! Glad you joined ! (and welcome)

#7 patje

patje

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 999
    Country: belgium

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:33 PM

 jipay, on Oct 3 2006, 09:22 PM, said:

Nice layout ! Glad you joined ! (and welcome)

Thanks to all
sorry my englisch is not so well.
:-$
interested in legotrains& bldg.  see my Internet site
Visit My Website
Visit My brickshelf page
Visit My Legotrainforum

#8 skinkfem

skinkfem

    Posts: 52
    Joined: 10-October 06
    Member: 1017

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

you have a very nice layout here, i especially like the trees and flowers, didnt know tlc had done bananas.

#9 AFOL12v

AFOL12v

    Posts: 669
    Joined: 26-August 06
    Member: 921
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:29 AM

Well my layout is nothing if you compare our layout with eachother :-( . Alhough, I do like your layout Patje.

#10 UltraPrime

UltraPrime

  • Optimus


    Posts: 508
    Joined: 01-May 06
    Member: 751
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

 skinkfem, on Oct 10 2006, 03:19 PM, said:

you have a very nice layout here, i especially like the trees and flowers, didnt know tlc had done bananas.

Bananas??

#11 skinkfem

skinkfem

    Posts: 52
    Joined: 10-October 06
    Member: 1017

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:15 PM

 UltraPrime, on Oct 15 2006, 03:34 PM, said:

Bananas??


meh cant get the image to show, anyway theres a picture of a brickbuilt tree with bananas hanging down ib the foto place on that site

#12 Hobbes

Hobbes

  • Retired


    Posts: 3226
    Joined: 20-May 05
    Member: 359

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:27 PM

Sorry for my late reply - welcome to EB :-)

I like your layout a lot. Just one question: what did you use as track ballast? Looks like some sort of pebbles? I've thought about some track ballast for my own layout, too, just haven't found anything to my liking (and easy to use) yet.

#13 patje

patje

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 999
    Country: belgium

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

 Hobbes, on Oct 16 2006, 07:27 PM, said:

Sorry for my late reply - welcome to EB :-)

I like your layout a lot. Just one question: what did you use as track ballast? Looks like some sort of pebbles? I've thought about some track ballast for my own layout, too, just haven't found anything to my liking (and easy to use) yet.

Indeed it are pebbles
the smallest measure. You can find this
in shops where you finde fish and matrials for ponds.
it is sold in bags of 25 kilogrammes
On the layout now et lies there is now more than 50 kilogrammes
of pebbles.
Het is not possibel to do that whit tiles of 1x1

patrick.
8-|
interested in legotrains& bldg.  see my Internet site
Visit My Website
Visit My brickshelf page
Visit My Legotrainforum

#14 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

  • Member of the stwnfbjs Club


    Posts: 14311
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:39 PM

I don't have any trains myself (except the space train), but this looks really nice.
You seem to have a dedicated room in your house for your trains.
It's nice to see that you wife and son are also sharing your hobby.
My girlfriend is not interested at all in my lego  |-/
In which town do you live? I'm from Nijlen.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here


Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide




#15 patje

patje

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 999
    Country: belgium

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:11 PM

 bonaparte, on Oct 17 2006, 12:39 AM, said:

I don't have any trains myself (except the space train), but this looks really nice.
You seem to have a dedicated room in your house for your trains.
It's nice to see that you wife and son are also sharing your hobby.
My girlfriend is not interested at all in my lego  |-/
In which town do you live? I'm from Nijlen.

I am of the region around Kortrijk
you around Antwerp this way to see
we live approximately 130 km of each other
;-)  :-)

Patrick
interested in legotrains& bldg.  see my Internet site
Visit My Website
Visit My brickshelf page
Visit My Legotrainforum

#16 Serengeti

Serengeti

    Posts: 1160
    Joined: 20-October 06
    Member: 1040
    Country: Ireland

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:09 PM

 patje, on Oct 3 2006, 12:17 AM, said:

hello I am new here  :-$
and for this reason I want present myself by means of my Internet site
legotreinen and bldg.
gladly response concerning what you think of it.

thanks Patrick.
;-)

link: My Webpage


Youre webpage is great.

Yes trains, especially the older sets are the best  :-)  :-)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MinifigTimes.com    Leaving no brick unturned in the search for scandals

#17 Serengeti

Serengeti

    Posts: 1160
    Joined: 20-October 06
    Member: 1040
    Country: Ireland

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

 Grrr, on Oct 3 2006, 05:59 AM, said:

Every time I see those nice late '80s trains I drool.

Do not worry I will send you some tissue paper  for Christmas :-)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MinifigTimes.com    Leaving no brick unturned in the search for scandals

#18 patje

patje

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 999
    Country: belgium

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

At last,
The site once more up to date,
for the first time after  a long timeā€¦.
The update is happened under own-engines
The collectie is increased with 4 trains
look at: own-engines

Now I have 50 original trains.

Visit My Website

:cry_happy:
interested in legotrains& bldg.  see my Internet site
Visit My Website
Visit My brickshelf page
Visit My Legotrainforum

#19 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

  • Loved Ghost Ranger


    Posts: 9642
    Joined: 15-January 05
    Member: 174

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Wow!  It's been three years.  Will have to check out your new site and collection.

#20 patje

patje

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 999
    Country: belgium

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

 TheBrickster, on Jan 3 2010, 07:37 PM, said:

Wow!  It's been three years.  Will have to check out your new site and collection.


There is many an changing in the layout I hope that in 2010 have enough time  for the hobby, and  can post more pictures.
and  take the site  under hands en make de site compleet
up to date...
:wacko:  :hmpf:
interested in legotrains& bldg.  see my Internet site
Visit My Website
Visit My brickshelf page
Visit My Legotrainforum

#21 missouri_bb63

missouri_bb63

    Posts: 286
    Joined: 01-August 09
    Member: 6866
    Country: Belgium

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

 patje, on Jan 3 2010, 11:32 PM, said:

There is many an changing in the layout I hope that in 2010 have enough time  for the hobby, and  can post more pictures.
and  take the site  under hands en make de site compleet
up to date...
:wacko:  :hmpf:

Welcome to EB Patje. As I mentioned in another thread, I have also been a big fan of your layouts for a while. It is great to have you on Eurobricks!  I am looking forward to seeing all your updates soon.

#22 Davey

Davey

  • Dry Humper


    Posts: 657
    Joined: 02-June 09
    Member: 6272
    Country: USA

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

Wow!  You're layout looks great and I am excited to do some exploring on your website.  As I just joined EB in mid-2009, I had not seen your site before.  I have bookmarked it and will continue to check it out.  Great work!

Edit:  And your cat is hilarious!  Love the pictures of the cat on the layout.   :wink:

-Dave

Posted Image

Edited by Cyclone Breezerider, 04 January 2010 - 02:10 AM.

My Setlist // Dave's MOCPage // Stacy's MOCPage // ToT-LUG Photostream // Brickshelf Gallery // Our Blog

============================================================


Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


============================================================


"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?"

"And you don't want to be here in the future...so you say the present is just a pleasant...interruption to the past."

#23 patje

patje

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 999
    Country: belgium

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

Up date

Layout at Home

A next project where I am now busy on it, is second mountain.
with there above, a small mini city.
to get the impact, that the city much further state in the mountains

see update
:blush:  :hmpf:

Edited by patje, 28 January 2010 - 10:27 AM.

interested in legotrains& bldg.  see my Internet site
Visit My Website
Visit My brickshelf page
Visit My Legotrainforum

#24 Legoist

Legoist

    Posts: 581
    Joined: 25-February 09
    Member: 5397
    Country: Finland

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

 patje, on Jan 3 2010, 08:33 PM, said:

At last,
The site once more up to date,
for the first time after  a long timeā€¦.
The update is happened under own-engines
The collectie is increased with 4 trains
look at: own-engines

Now I have 50 original trains.

Visit My Website

:cry_happy:

That's a pretty complete collection of Lego trains. Is there any train since 1980 that you don't have yet?  :classic:

Just for curiousity: how many of your trains did you buy back in the 70s, 80s and 90s where they were sold in shops, and how many did you buy second-hand in recent years?

#25 patje

patje

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 999
    Country: belgium

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

 Legoist, on Jan 28 2010, 12:59 PM, said:

That's a pretty complete collection of Lego trains. Is there any train since 1980 that you don't have yet?  :classic:

Just for curiousity: how many of your trains did you buy back in the 70s, 80s and 90s where they were sold in shops, and how many did you buy second-hand in recent years?

I have the complete 7000 series
its  difficult to say when I have  bought this trainsā€¦ you can see it approximately, to the date of pictures
when i  bought all trains (website : own engines)
The most in the years 1980 up to 2000

I have the complete 9volt series
+ all the  remains after the 9volt series  (10000 series)

Now i go  back in the time en buy the 700 series and the 100 series
:classic:

Edited by patje, 29 January 2010 - 09:22 AM.

interested in legotrains& bldg.  see my Internet site
Visit My Website
Visit My brickshelf page
Visit My Legotrainforum



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users