Jump to content


[LDD MOC] TIE/in Interceptor


16 replies to this topic

#1 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21431
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
I've had this built for a week, now, but, following my Star Wars Community Build tradition, I held off posting until the very last day. :grin:

Overall, I'm quite happy with it, considering that I built it in one day, the same way the rest of my Advent Calendar was constructed. (the LXF, by the way, was included at the end of that topic)

Posted Image
I did end up using that 5-wide-core Lowell Sphere again, which I know isn't the greatest, but it was a quick solution that matched the other two TIEs I've built in LDD.

Posted Image
The wings are a little gappy, and a lot simpler than I had thought they would be, but I think they work well.

Posted Image
The connection between the pylons and the wings seems wrong, somehow, to me. I think the half of the pylon touching the cockpit ball is too thick, but I couldn't devise a better, finned solution using legal LDD connections.

Posted Image
The above is my favorite part of the model. I've had a prototype of that section built for a couple months, now, and I finally get to use it. I was surprised that it actually worked in LDD.

The MOC was finished in December 25th, and, again, you can download the LXF for it, the TIE x1, the TIE/sa, and the rest of my remade Advent Calendar models in this topic. C&C welcome; thanks for looking! :classic:

#2 lego envy

lego envy

    Posts: 285
    Joined: 22-October 11
    Member: 21089
    Country: USA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 31 December 2011 - 09:15 PM, said:

Posted Image
I've had this built for a week, now, but, following my Star Wars Community Build tradition, I held off posting until the very last day. :grin:

Overall, I'm quite happy with it, considering that I built it in one day, the same way the rest of my Advent Calendar was constructed. (the LXF, by the way, was included at the end of that topic)

Posted Image
I did end up using that 5-wide-core Lowell Sphere again, which I know isn't the greatest, but it was a quick solution that matched the other two TIEs I've built in LDD.

Posted Image
The wings are a little gappy, and a lot simpler than I had thought they would be, but I think they work well.

Posted Image
The connection between the pylons and the wings seems wrong, somehow, to me. I think the half of the pylon touching the cockpit ball is too thick, but I couldn't devise a better, finned solution using legal LDD connections.

Posted Image
The above is my favorite part of the model. I've had a prototype of that section built for a couple months, now, and I finally get to use it. I was surprised that it actually worked in LDD.

The MOC was finished in December 25th, and, again, you can download the LXF for it, the TIE x1, the TIE/sa, and the rest of my remade Advent Calendar models in this topic. C&C welcome; thanks for looking! :classic:
Very sweet TIE....You have some great LEGO skills... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Posted Image

#3 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

  • Gundam Style


    Posts: 838
    Joined: 15-January 11
    Member: 15440
    Country: USA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

AWESOME work, as usual, Doc!  I absolutely love the back engine section. :wub: I agree that the shape/parts usage of the cockpit isn't the best (hopefully, you can devise something rounder), but, all in all, this is top-quality Brickdoctor building! :thumbup: Happy New Year, dude!

#4 Mr Man

Mr Man

    Posts: 3756
    Joined: 01-October 10
    Member: 13561
    Country: England

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

I said on the Advent thread this is incredible. The headlight brick technique for the rear of the solar panels is fantastic. I think this is the best of the lot :thumbup:.

Oh and lego envy there's no need to quote the entire post.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Hollander

Hollander

    Posts: 529
    Joined: 06-May 11
    Member: 17672
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

Although I doubt whether this one or your TIE Advanced x1 is the best, I think my preference goes to the TIE Interceptor due to it's level of detail. Even though this is probably not the most exciting section, the part connecting the wings with the cockpit is very well designed. However, the back is still the best part in my opinion, who doesn't love some SNOT'ted, circular cheese slopes?  :tongue:

Anyway, great work Doc. I would still love to see one of those build in real bricks.

#6 Walter

Walter

  • Back, but still drowning!


    Posts: 744
    Joined: 17-February 11
    Member: 16053
    Country: USA

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

It's gorgeous! I love it. :classic:
Posted Image

#7 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21431
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostHollander, on 01 January 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Although I doubt whether this one or your TIE Advanced x1 is the best, I think my preference goes to the TIE Interceptor due to it's level of detail.
Plus the proportions of the TIE x1 are way off.

#8 mutley777

mutley777

  • The one and only Star Wars hoarder!


    Posts: 2219
    Joined: 29-January 05
    Member: 193
    Country: England

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

A really, really nice MOC Doc!

The TIE Interseptor is my favourite TIE ship (The Tie Defender is EU So I don't count it)so it is always nice to se a lego fan do it the justice it deserves. Some great details but like you say that back of the main pod has turned out really good! :sweet:

#9 Darth Yogi

Darth Yogi

  • im from no-caps country


    Posts: 856
    Joined: 01-June 10
    Member: 11065
    Country: USA

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

Wow, another great TIE from you.  I really want to see one of these in real LEGO :wink: I must say the back is my favorite part, and how you made it is very clever.

Great job :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  
The Rabbit( MCW Contest entry)...........................Arrival on Tatooine...................................................Bail Organa's Airspeeder........................................Le Sans Fin

Flickr

#10 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

    Posts: 2469
    Joined: 10-January 09
    Member: 4964
    Country: 미국

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:36 AM

The window is still grey, Doc. :laugh:

#11 StoutFiles

StoutFiles

    Posts: 1040
    Joined: 13-October 10
    Member: 13725
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:48 AM

Are the "wings" connected to the pod with technic?  I'm somewhat doubtful this design would hold up with the weight of the panels.  Otherwise, nice design.

#12 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21431
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

View PostStoutFiles, on 02 January 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

Are the "wings" connected to the pod with technic?  I'm somewhat doubtful this design would hold up with the weight of the panels.  Otherwise, nice design.
This design is rather fragile. Given more time, I could probably build in a Technic axle. This is another model I plan to revisit later.

#13 mortesv

mortesv

    Posts: 363
    Joined: 21-December 11
    Member: 23416
    Country: Denmark

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Very nice model  :thumbup:  I especially like that you have use bricks to construct the wings. I would have thought they would be too blocky, but I must admit the result is very effective. I really like the patten between the wing bricks as well. I wonder how apparent that pattern would be on a real model - best I build one, just to check  :wink:
The secret to a happy life is finding the right balance...
          - between your Lego and discussing with Aeroeza!

#14 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8173
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Great work Doc! :thumbup:  That engine section on the back looks so cool. And you've pulled off yet another amazing MOC!
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#15 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

  • Help Me Build Hogwarts!


    Posts: 2099
    Joined: 12-June 11
    Member: 18405
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Great job! I love the little patterns that do the stability!

#16 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

Looks good doc! What's that pattern on the side, SNOT, or Tiles? Any plans of building it out of real bricks?  :thumbup:

Edited by DobbyClone, 18 August 2012 - 06:29 AM.

Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#17 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21431
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostBrickArtist, on 18 August 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

Looks good doc! What's that pattern on the side, SNOT, or Tiles? Any plans of building it out of real bricks?  :thumbup:
Which pattern? The black areas are just regular bricks, except for the center section of the wings, which has some headlight bricks in it. The edges of the wings are hinges, tiles, and plates, and the lines on the sides of the wings are tiles. No plans of building it in real bricks at the moment; the design is too fragile, and the model is overall too small.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users