Name: Venomari Shrine

Setnumber: 9440

Theme: NinjaGo

Year: 2012

Parts: 81

Minifig: 1

Price: €7,99

Bricklink

My first purchase of the new NinjaGo wave. I really like the new Brick Brick and in my opinion it's a cheap way to get a good amount of them. But enough of my opinion at the moment, let pictures speak...

Box Front

01frontm.jpg

Box Back

02backk.jpg

Box Side

03side.jpg

Contents

04contents.jpg

Instructions

05booklet.jpg

Random Page

06randompage.jpg

Pieces of interest. Nice printed part, two lime new snakes, brown slopes and six brick bricks. Nice selection.

07poi.jpg

Minifig Front

08minifront.jpg

Minifig Back

09miniback.jpg

Minifig armed and amoured.

10compl.jpg

Random build status

11build01.jpg

12build2.jpg

Build completed

13completed.jpg

Spare parts

14left.jpg

Complete set. The play feature works fine. The distance between set and snake is the actual "throw" result.

15throw.jpg

Final thoughts

Playability: 6/10

The playfeature is nice but nothing special.

Minifig: 8/10

You can't beat a white ninja. Also the shoulderarmor is nice and the new mask looks great.

Parts: 9/10

You get alot of new parts for very little money. Snakes, staff, brick bricks are all great.

Price: 10/10

The set is worth every cent even when it's only for parts.

Total: 33/40

I like the set. It's cool looking and fits nice in the new direction the theme is going. The included parts are great and I will purchase a few more of this set only for them. If you like the new parts and Ninjas, this set is a good start or extension. Recommended. :thumbup:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

An excellent set for the money and a great review for such a small set.

Your ninja Has a much cleaner robe print than mine got, but with all the detail it doesn't bother me too much. Im not usually one for buying multiple sets but at £5.95 in the UK some more of those Brick bricks would be nice.

Thanks for the review 'Plissken', I too might buy a few of these just for the parts....oh, those brick bricks ! :wub:

The minifig is excellent, the snakes head slope is printed.....oh, that might be handy for some MOC'ers....a bonnet piece on a hot rod perhaps ? :wink:

Brick On Review On 'Plissken' and thanks again for taking the time to review the set for us. :classic:

Oh. My. God. That torso will be perfect for Sand Darth Stalker! :wub:

Really nice review, this just convinced me on the buying front. I must have multiples! :devil:

Thank you for the review. I already was interested in getting this set, but that was before I knew of all these great pieces!

I am really excited for the new white ninja with armor and headgear. I didn't know it was a printed slope piece for the snake head (that will come in handy). And the new brick bricks are neat. I like the texture look of headlight bricks with tiles in front, but I am sure these new pieces be most welcomed.

Keep up the good reviews.

Got this set yesterday and I noticed they changed the sword. The new one´s blade is actually thicker than the old swords, making it a little hard to insert into the new scabbard. It´s not sturdier than the old ones so I see no reason for the change.

A great review! While I have never bought Ninjago before (not a huge fan) I might have to pick up this set just for the parts. Just curious, has the Ninjago resemblance to Power Rangers been discussed yet?

The new Snakes are ingeniously made- When you put them on normal surface they tilt a little- thanks to this they look good on the Lego bricks and on normal surface!

This set looks absolutely great. The minifig looks absolutely great awesome and I love the snake-staff.

You know, if you replace the bley tiles with tan ones, I think the structure would fit perfectly in the pharao's quest theme.

Great review. I'm not a Ninjago collector, but I bought this for the lovely parts today.

Just thought that I'd point out that you built it incorrectly though! As per the instructions, only one of the round 1x1 trans-green plates should be used to elevate only one of the trans-green antennae, so that one hangs down further than the other. The other is a spare. It doesn't really matter at all, but thought I'd be pedantic! :wink:

This is perfect for parts! Bought it myself the otherday. I love the colourful Ninjago parts in general and might pick up some more smaller sets. Plus, ninjas are awesome.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Great review. I'm not a Ninjago collector, but I bought this for the lovely parts today.

Just thought that I'd point out that you built it incorrectly though! As per the instructions, only one of the round 1x1 trans-green plates should be used to elevate only one of the trans-green antennae, so that one hangs down further than the other. The other is a spare. It doesn't really matter at all, but thought I'd be pedantic! :wink:

You're right. I didn't noticed it after you pointed it out. The uneven look gives it some cool dripping effect.

This is a great parts pack; I personally like the gold sword sheath on the ninja's back, and those new brick bricks. This may actually be a set to buy multiple times