Name: Venomari Shrine
Setnumber: 9440
Theme: NinjaGo
Year: 2012
Parts: 81
Minifig: 1
Price: €7,99

Bricklink

My first purchase of the new NinjaGo wave. I really like the new Brick Brick and in my opinion it's a cheap way to get a good amount of them. But enough of my opinion at the moment, let pictures speak...

Box Front
Posted Image

Box Back
Posted Image

Box Side
Posted Image

Contents
Posted Image

Instructions
Posted Image

Random Page
Posted Image

Pieces of interest. Nice printed part, two lime new snakes, brown slopes and six brick bricks. Nice selection.
Posted Image

Minifig Front
Posted Image

Minifig Back
Posted Image

Minifig armed and amoured.
Posted Image

Random build status
Posted Image
Posted Image

Build completed
Posted Image

Spare parts
Posted Image

Complete set. The play feature works fine. The distance between set and snake is the actual "throw" result.
Posted Image

Final thoughts
Playability: 6/10
The playfeature is nice but nothing special.
Minifig: 8/10
You can't beat a white ninja. Also the shoulderarmor is nice and the new mask looks great.
Parts: 9/10
You get alot of new parts for very little money. Snakes, staff, brick bricks are all great.
Price: 10/10
The set is worth every cent even when it's only for parts.

Total: 33/40

I like the set. It's cool looking and fits nice in the new direction the theme is going. The included parts are great and I will purchase a few more of this set only for them. If you like the new parts and Ninjas, this set is a good start or extension. Recommended. :thumbup:

Edited by Rufus, 11 February 2012 - 04:23 PM.
Indexed

My Reviews:                            
2845 Indian Chief - 8076 Deep Sea Striker - 7295 Dino Buggy Chaser - 2259 Skull Motorbike
9440 Venomari Shrine - 4438 Robbers' Hideout - 5886 T-Rex Hunter - 9496 Desert Skiff

My Flickr:
Flickr

#2 surrideo

surrideo

Member: 21137

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

An excellent set for the money and a great review for such a small set.

Your ninja Has a much cleaner robe print than mine got, but with all the detail it doesn't bother me too much. Im not usually one for buying multiple sets but at £5.95 in the UK some more of those Brick bricks would be nice.

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

Thanks for the review 'Plissken', I too might buy a few of these just for the parts....oh, those brick bricks ! :wub:
The minifig is excellent, the snakes head slope is printed.....oh, that might be handy for some MOC'ers....a bonnet piece on a hot rod perhaps ? :wink:
Brick On Review On 'Plissken' and thanks again for taking the time to review the set for us. :classic:

#4 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Member: 20608

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

Oh. My. God. That torso will be perfect for Sand Darth Stalker! :wub:
Really nice review, this just convinced me on the buying front. I must have multiples! :devil:
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.

#5 Esurient

Esurient

• aka Romeo

Member: 17675

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:07 AM

Nice review. Can't wait to get my hands on the set!
Now appearing as Elin Surefoot 397 years old Dwarven Cleric in Sandy's Cruel Angel's Thesis

#6 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

• Straight Up Cero!

Member: 12949

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

Thank you for the review!
This is a decent little set I think. :sweet:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#7 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Thank you for the review. I already was interested in getting this set, but that was before I knew of all these great pieces!

I am really excited for the new white ninja with armor and headgear. I didn't know it was a printed slope piece for the snake head (that will come in handy). And the new brick bricks are neat. I like the texture look of headlight bricks with tiles in front, but I am sure these new pieces be most welcomed.

Keep up the good reviews.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#8 mordatre

mordatre

Member: 6729

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

Got this set yesterday and I noticed they changed the sword. The new one´s blade is actually thicker than the old swords, making it a little hard to insert into the new scabbard. It´s not sturdier than the old ones so I see no reason for the change.

#9 Huntleyfx

Huntleyfx

Member: 5179

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

A great review! While I have never bought Ninjago before (not a huge fan) I might have to pick up this set just for the parts. Just curious, has the Ninjago resemblance to Power Rangers been discussed yet?
"Everything is more impressive when done to the saber dance."- Overheard backstage.

#10 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

The new Snakes are ingeniously made- When you put them on normal surface they tilt a little- thanks to this they look good on the Lego bricks and on normal surface!
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#11 ijffdrie

ijffdrie

Member: 23913

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

This set looks absolutely great. The minifig looks absolutely great awesome and I love the snake-staff.

You know, if you replace the bley tiles with tan ones, I think the structure would fit perfectly in the pharao's quest theme.

#12 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

Member: 17142

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

Thanks for the review, the brick bricks look great in dark tan
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#13 brickbuilder711

brickbuilder711

Member: 24084

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

I like it! Great review! I think it is worth the 10cents per piece to obtain the "brick" brick.
Tolga E.
Miami, FL

#14 Thego

Thego

Member: 17700

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Great review. I'm not a Ninjago collector, but I bought this for the lovely parts today.

Just thought that I'd point out that you built it incorrectly though! As per the instructions, only one of the round 1x1 trans-green plates should be used to elevate only one of the trans-green antennae, so that one hangs down further than the other. The other is a spare. It doesn't really matter at all, but thought I'd be pedantic! :wink:

#15 Miss Kyle

Miss Kyle

Member: 15926

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

This is perfect for parts! Bought it myself the otherday. I love the colourful Ninjago parts in general and might pick up some more smaller sets. Plus, ninjas are awesome.
"We've come a long way from the Prime Minister's exploding cake."

#16 Plissken

Plissken

• Bring me your virgins!

Member: 8949

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thanks to all for the comments.

View PostThego, on 15 January 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Great review. I'm not a Ninjago collector, but I bought this for the lovely parts today.

Just thought that I'd point out that you built it incorrectly though! As per the instructions, only one of the round 1x1 trans-green plates should be used to elevate only one of the trans-green antennae, so that one hangs down further than the other. The other is a spare. It doesn't really matter at all, but thought I'd be pedantic! :wink:

You're right. I didn't noticed it after you pointed it out. The uneven look gives it some cool dripping effect.
My Reviews:                            
2845 Indian Chief - 8076 Deep Sea Striker - 7295 Dino Buggy Chaser - 2259 Skull Motorbike
9440 Venomari Shrine - 4438 Robbers' Hideout - 5886 T-Rex Hunter - 9496 Desert Skiff

My Flickr:
Flickr

#17 GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1

Member: 23290

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

This is a great parts pack; I personally like the gold sword sheath on the ninja's back, and those new brick bricks. This may actually be a set to buy multiple times
What are you waiting for?
Just surrender here tonight
What are you waiting for?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users