1980-Something-Space-Guy

Latin American AFOLs!

Are you Latin American? I've noticed that each time there are more of us here, so I thought it'd me nice if we had a topic for us, given that we're such a tied community.

If you are Latin American, let us all meet here! :classic:

Edited by BrickHat

mmm its hard to tell how many latins-lego-fellows are here. I found three or four, but if you check brinklink... there are plenty, and you better know that, if you have an account in eurobricks, you should have one in bricklink!

Like johnnyvgood, I´m from Costa Rica... thats mean... expensive lego :sadnew:, but luckily, I have patience and, again, an account on bricklink :laugh:!

I also spoke recently with another TICO here on Eurobricks, pirate in heart like I. with a magnificent proyect, the Queen Anne´s Revenge

and about the dream of a Lego store here :cry_sad:, or near by, well, TLG will find a loyal and really lego lover on the latin people, just give us the access, and they will see

Niku reporting to the thread.

Seems there are at least a few of us here. :tongue:

I have also noticed here some folks from Mexico, sure there are more but at least not registered here, in any case I´ll check Bricklink cause I don´t have an account there.

Greetings.

And Pura Vida amigos. :classic:

Ah I was born in South America does that count? :cry_happy: I speak some Spanish but mostly Portuguese (can't read or write in either). However I'm Caucasian, but only on the outside. :blush::laugh: Maybe I can be an honorary member. :tongue:

Edited by Rook

Ah I was born in South America does that count? :cry_happy: I speak some Spanish but mostly Portuguese (can't read or write in either). However I'm Caucasian, but only on the outside. :blush::laugh: Maybe I can be an honorary member. :tongue:

Sure Rook, the more the merrier! :tongue:

Where were you born?

Sure Rook, the more the merrier! :tongue:

Where were you born?

Guayaquil and live in Sao Paulo for several years.

I'm Brazilian and I live in Brazil, where Lego costs up to x2, x3 or sometimes x4 times its actual price :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Hello, Costarriqueño reporting in. Which of you are collectors and which of you armybuilders? I normally army-build but my dwarves never got as big as I could've wanted. I loathe Universal for not bringing Castle sets for 7 or more years straight. Dwarves' Mine came expensive, as did my Orcish Siege towers. So as Johnny I'd love for a Lego store to show up, but Universal is exclusive distributor and god knows how much money they pay to keep it like that. A franchised store cannot be cheap and thus not good business, unfortunately.

Hello, Costarriqueño reporting in. Which of you are collectors and which of you armybuilders? I normally army-build but my dwarves never got as big as I could've wanted. I loathe Universal for not bringing Castle sets for 7 or more years straight. Dwarves' Mine came expensive, as did my Orcish Siege towers. So as Johnny I'd love for a Lego store to show up, but Universal is exclusive distributor and god knows how much money they pay to keep it like that. A franchised store cannot be cheap and thus not good business, unfortunately.

¡Pura vida! :grin: I am a collector. I loathe Universal for its prices, quite simply. :classic: Can you believe that when they're on sale, their prices are around the same as S@H? :hmpf:

Anyways, it's nice to see that there's now 4 of us from Tiquicia. ¡Pura vida!

I was born in the US, and I'm a terrible Spanish speaker. But from my understanding, I'm 75% Dominican and 25% Puerto Rican. Does that count? :laugh:

ticos, ticos everywhere! :laugh:

Which of you are collectors and which of you armybuilders?

both in fact, as collector: 9 ships, two forts an a town plus other things

as army builder: 27 (+or -) redcoats, 27 (+or -) bluecoats, lots of pirates, and 30 (+ or -) vikings

as you can see, I´m a pirates fan, but from classic, not from PoC

I was born in the US, and I'm a terrible Spanish speaker. But from my understanding, I'm 75% Dominican and 25% Puerto Rican. Does that count? :laugh:

I think is 100% latin, unless you have a little russian blood, to have 140% chance to heritage :laugh:

:sadnew: as now we are plenty of ticos, we must have a reunion :sadnew:

Edited by Brig. Brick

I'm Brazilian and I live in Brazil, where Lego costs up to x2, x3 or sometimes x4 times its actual price :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Yeah I lived in Brasil for 3 years and (10-12 years old) and didn't get Lego even once while living there. My dad's salary was about $250 USD per month for a family of 5. So buying Lego would have been outrageously expensive compared to income/cost of living. :cry_sad:

Edited by Rook

¡Pura vida! :grin: I am a collector. I loathe Universal for its prices, quite simply. :classic: Can you believe that when they're on sale, their prices are around the same as S@H? :hmpf:

Anyways, it's nice to see that there's now 4 of us from Tiquicia. ¡Pura vida!

Yeah, costs are high, although I don't blame them entirely. When I brought Dragon's prison escape and blacksmith's attack from S@H, I was hit with almost $50 bucks of importing taxes. Pretty much doubled the cost of the sets.

:sadnew: as now we are plenty of ticos, we must have a reunion :sadnew:

Hear hear.

:pir-sweet:

Pero en español, me imagino.

Hi!!! I'm from Argentina, where LEGO is also REALLY expensive (x3 LEGO Shop@home price!!!) Any other argentinians out there???

Pero en español, me imagino.

yeah, with Ñ we speak

I say we sould meet the next saturday, 9:00 a.m., front of Universal, Sabana?

sent me a pm or some sign of live to make it happen!

..... 39 elfs... I was there this morning, I can´t find one.

Edited by Brig. Brick

Yeah, costs are high, although I don't blame them entirely. When I brought Dragon's prison escape and blacksmith's attack from S@H, I was hit with almost $50 bucks of importing taxes. Pretty much doubled the cost of the sets.

Yes, but they get special prices for bulk purchases from Lego.

Hi!!! I'm from Argentina, where LEGO is also REALLY expensive (x3 LEGO Shop@home price!!!) Any other argentinians out there???

Hi, welcome to the conversation! I haven't seen any other Argentinians around, to tell you the truth. I'm not sure, but I think that there was an option to search for forum members by country.

Hmnn, someone is really ripping you off, that or taxes are too high. Around here the price factor is around 1.41x times the S@H cost. Which I find to be pretty fair.