Redhead1982

Corner town house

indexed.gif B-RM-4B

Hello, everyone.

I finally found the courage to present my latest building to a wider community. It's a fictional house, based on the round corner, which made the build a bit more complicated. The building took me 2 months and a half, mainly due to lack of time, but partly also due to lack of experience and lack of planning in advance.

fig_001.jpg

The back of the house is rather boring with only a chimney and a window.

fig_007.jpg

The house can be divided in 4 stacking modules (ground floor, first floor, second floor and the roof).

fig_009.jpg

All of them are furnished.

fig_008.jpg

Some of my favourite details from the inside are:

the dining table in the kitchen...

fig_011.jpg

...the coffee table in the living room...

fig_012.jpg

...the pianino...

fig_019.jpg

...and the reading corner under the stairs on the first floor...

fig_034.jpg

...the bathroom...

fig_024.jpg

...with a mirror above the sink and a toilet...

fig_025.jpg

...the wardrobe in the bedroom...

fig_036.jpg

...and a chestdrawer in the bedroom...

fig_037.jpg

...and a small balcony on top floor, where one can relax with a cup of good morning tea with a view of the area.

fig_045.jpg.

More images of the details can be found at my Flickr, Brickshelf or MOC Pages account.

Merry Christmas!

Wow, what can I say but, fantastic! Totally worth the wait. The round corner is really interesting and all the furnishings are wonderful.

Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas.

Totally AWESOME 'Redhead1982', the outside is wonderful, but it's the interior especially the coffee table and dinning table that bring the A game forward......AWESOME SNOT work ! :grin:

Merry Christmas to you 'Redhead1982' and your family.....plus keep up the great designing ! :sweet:

Amazing. I really don't know what else to say. The details inside and and out are superb. Completely worth the wait.

It's really beautiful, the outside is detailed and the interior too, with ingenious realistic furnitures (particularly the piano and the bookcase !)

VERY nice build! I agree with others, that the interior is outstanding, and has several really original ideas.

Seen from the outside, the building is also quite unique. It's dosn't look like something you've borrowed from anywhere. And I mean that as a compliment! :classic: The structure and "life" of the facade is very original, and has nice details. In my opinion, it lacks the final 5-10% of detailing on the outside (especially the roof-section), to bring it as high quality as the inside. But nice build!

Edited by MadManMingo

Well done on an architecturally beautiful building. The interior is well designed and you have given me a couple of ideas I will try to execute in my models.

You finally found the courage? Well, no need to worry! This is a great modular building - I love the round corner! And while the outside is really nice - especially, I have to say, the roof section, which is something I always seem to struggle with on my own modulars - the interior is fabulous. So many wonderful details to be inspired by. A big welcome to Eurobricks, and please continue to post your MOCs. If this is anything to go by, we're in for some treats in the future :)

More images of the details can be found at my Flickr, Brickshelf or MOC Pages account.

Why not add a link or two? I'd love to have a look around your Flickr, if you'd make it easier to find!

Very nice! I really like all the exterior details, and all the interior furnishings are a really nice touch.

Andy D

Really great looking design, very original. Interior details are very clever and nicely appointed, very tasteful. You should be an interior decorator! :thumbup:

As a collector of the Lego modular homes, I have to say this one is on par. I love all the interior detail, especially the piano and the Cream City brick veneer. Well done!

@ L@ago: I was trying to put a link to Flickr, MOC Pages and Brickshelf, but having less than 5 posts, I can't post messages with an url link. :blush: That's the rools. If you or anyone have time, I'm using the name 1982redhead on Flickr and Redhead1982 on both MOC Pages and Brickshelf.

Why not add a link or two? I'd love to have a look around your Flickr, if you'd make it easier to find!

@ everyone: Thanks for these very nice comments! The thing is, I've been following the build of the house for weeks, and in the end, it doesn't seem so great at all. I'm glad you like it. :classic:

I was trying to put a link to Flickr, MOC Pages and Brickshelf, but having less than 5 posts, I can't post messages with an url link.

But I can, and I can highly recommend a visit to anyone who wants to see a few very nice buildings (and some truly spectacular interiors) - just click here!

Looking through the pics I noticed the wonderful clock. Are those original or custom stickers? And which set did they come from, if they're from Lego?

And let me repeat: Your interiors are superb. I try to cram as much detail into my own buildings as possible, but the quality of that furniture you're building is just... wow! Love the yellow-tan house and the police station as well, and again, particularly the interiors.

Dude...I love that fruit bowl and the piano. And that's one of the best bathrooms I've ever seen. :)

Don't be so modest :laugh:. The building is great :thumbup:. I love how you did the corner, and your interior is just mind blowing! :sweet: Looking forward to seeing more from you!

After looking through your photos for the third or fourth time I am even more impressed.

Your interiors are wonderful, very detailed, over the top great!

Your window detail is wonderful, very carefully planned and executed.

I really like the rooftop detail as well.

I also really like some of your other constructions particularly the house you made from the MMV 10193 set and your reconstruction of the Fire Brigade.

I was looking the other day and I saw a particularly funny bathroom vignette, one most couples can identify with, but after I told my wife and went back to look for it, I could not find it. Is it gone?

I hope to see many more of your MOCs and MODs in the future!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D