Jump to content


Future Superhero Set Ideas

Batman Joker Lego DC Superheros Lego SuperHeroes Spiderman cullmancreatons

  • Please log in to reply
793 replies to this topic

#151 The Lego Wizard

The Lego Wizard

    Posts: 62
    Joined: 13-August 10
    Member: 12566

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:19 AM

I like the idea of a wayne manor. i shall try that on ldd. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

#152 sologuy369

sologuy369

    Posts: 725
    Joined: 07-July 09
    Member: 6609
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

View Postvynsane, on 26 May 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

I agree - the best thing they could do is release a 'henchmen battlepack' with a bunch of different themed goons. A "Joker Goon" BP, "Two-Face Goon" BP, etc. Maybe even SHIELD agents, Chitauri footsoldiers, Hyrda soldiers, etc. Four per pack with a brick-built accessory, five per otherwise. Make each figure have an alternate head print so one could choose which side to show for even more variation. They would make a killing on sets of army-builders like that.
Now that's a good idea. If the superheroes line is a multi year license, and the SW BPs have sold well, I don't see why not!

I would love to see those Lex bots from Lego Batman 2. And some HYDRA soldiers  :classic: .
-Everyone, feel to call me Mr. Solo!
-My Brickshelf

Posted Image

Future reviews... if I can learn how to upload pictures from My Pictures :>
-ETX Alien Infiltrator
-Squidman's escape
-CW clone bp
-2004 speedboat
-gray w/orange case hockey guy
   -and way more!!!

-Visit the "So you think you can cook?" topic here and find out about the new comic show. I need your support.

#153 legofreak86

legofreak86

    Posts: 1021
    Joined: 14-February 11
    Member: 15998
    Country: England

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

What we need now is the joker mech from the lego batman 2 finale.It has to be really huge,about the height of 2 whitecap bays stacked on top of eachother.Figures needed: Batman(black suit),superman,flash,wonder woman,green lantern,cyborg,robin,joker and lex luthor estimated price £120-£140 would be reasonable but about the right price. :sweet:

Joker's boat and Robin's helicopter pursuit includes the joker's boat from lego batman 2 dc superheroes and robin's helicopter minifigures: robin,batman(black suit),joker and harley quinn ,she wasn't in that part but it would be nice to see her in another set.estimated retail about £30-£35.

A set with penguin and riddler would be good as well.It would be nice to see a batboat in some form or another though :classic:
"I rode this in the Anti Grav Olympics 2074! I came last" "Who is the more foolish the fool or the fool who follows him?"

#154 Vindice

Vindice

    Posts: 557
    Joined: 23-September 10
    Member: 13399
    Country: U.K

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

I don't see Battle Packs happening.

TLG will not maximise their sales potential by outting figures people want to see in anything other than construction sets. It makes no sense for them to do that.

I also dont think they'd release a BP of henchmen either as they aren't as recognisable as the SW BP's. Would you rather a pack of JOkers goons if you were a kid or Stormtroopers or Mandalorians?

I think the first few runs of DC will be mostly Batman sets. If people didn't pay to see a Green Lantern film then they won't pay for Green Lantern lego sets.

I think X-Men, Spiderman and Batman will and should be the next big wave. The toys of all sell, the comics sell better than any historically and they all are riding on the momentum of successful films.
"Bolted doors and windows barred, guard dogs prowling in the yard, won't protect you in your bed, nothing will, from PUMPKINHEAD"

#155 Fives

Fives

  • Makes structured rants


    Posts: 2551
    Joined: 31-December 10
    Member: 15059
    Country: Canada

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostVindice, on 21 June 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

I don't see Battle Packs happening.

TLG will not maximise their sales potential by outting figures people want to see in anything other than construction sets. It makes no sense for them to do that.

I also dont think they'd release a BP of henchmen either as they aren't as recognisable as the SW BP's. Would you rather a pack of JOkers goons if you were a kid or Stormtroopers or Mandalorians?

I think the first few runs of DC will be mostly Batman sets. If people didn't pay to see a Green Lantern film then they won't pay for Green Lantern lego sets.

I think X-Men, Spiderman and Batman will and should be the next big wave. The toys of all sell, the comics sell better than any historically and they all are riding on the momentum of successful films.

I wouldn't be surprised by more Spiderman. Then again, LEGO doesn't have the rights to the new Amazing Spiderman movie, which would mean any Spidey sets would be based on the comics.

I definitely want to see some more X-Men. Mystique, I think, should be in the next X-Men set.
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!"

Posted Image

#156 vynsane

vynsane

    Posts: 472
    Joined: 21-May 10
    Member: 10811

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostVindice, on 21 June 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

I also dont think they'd release a BP of henchmen either as they aren't as recognisable as the SW BP's. Would you rather a pack of JOkers goons if you were a kid or Stormtroopers or Mandalorians?

That depends on whether you're a kid who's more into Star Wars, or a kid who's more into Batman. It's completely subjective, and I think it's a bit silly to use the popularity of Stormtroopers or Mandolorians as the be-all and end-all threshold for battlepack sales success. I'm also talking more along the lines of the bubble/cardboard packaged battlepacks (like the PotC, Pharaoh's Quest and, most recently, Firefighter packs), not the boxed ones you see in the SW line. You can't tell me the PotC BP would have sold like hotcakes if it had more than one Redcoat in it.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

The SVG Decals Library - Discuss on EB | Contribute on GitHub

#157 Brickington

Brickington

  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think there should be more sets with S.H.I.L.D. agents.

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#158 sharky

sharky

    Posts: 437
    Joined: 19-May 11
    Member: 17931
    Country: USA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread, but I would love a Fortress of Solitude or perhaps a Hall of Justice for that matter.

#159 Vindice

Vindice

    Posts: 557
    Joined: 23-September 10
    Member: 13399
    Country: U.K

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

View Postvynsane, on 21 June 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

That depends on whether you're a kid who's more into Star Wars, or a kid who's more into Batman. It's completely subjective, and I think it's a bit silly to use the popularity of Stormtroopers or Mandolorians as the be-all and end-all threshold for battlepack sales success. I'm also talking more along the lines of the bubble/cardboard packaged battlepacks (like the PotC, Pharaoh's Quest and, most recently, Firefighter packs), not the boxed ones you see in the SW line. You can't tell me the PotC BP would have sold like hotcakes if it had more than one Redcoat in it.

in the world of commerce it's never silly to use your successful products as a yardstick to forecast future ranges. The point i was trying to make was that there is nothing about a generic goon figure that might make it stand out more than any generic criminal figure currently in LEGO's product range.

If you think of a Joker's goon or henchmen there is not a particular uniform or motif that makes it recognisable enough to base a BP around in my opinion.

Edited by Vindice, 22 June 2012 - 07:37 PM.

"Bolted doors and windows barred, guard dogs prowling in the yard, won't protect you in your bed, nothing will, from PUMPKINHEAD"

#160 vynsane

vynsane

    Posts: 472
    Joined: 21-May 10
    Member: 10811

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostVindice, on 22 June 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

in the world of commerce it's never silly to use your successful products as a yardstick to forecast future ranges.

Sure, if you're using it as a yardstick - then I think that further makes my point! The yardstick being "small sets with a large number of minifigures that people would want multiples of make more money in the long run than large sets with minifigures people only want one of". Your stance seems to be that henchmen/goon battlepacks couldn't sell as much as Stormtrooper battlepacks, so they won't even consider making them. Then why do they even bother having other themes than Star Wars, since Star Wars outsells every other theme...

Quote

The point i was trying to make was that there is nothing about a generic goon figure that might make it stand out more than any generic criminal figure currently in LEGO's product range.

That's assuming they make a battlepack of four boring looking figures, which is a slanted way of looking at it. If they made each figure unique in the pack, with different facial prints, clothing prints and accessories - variations on the theme of their villain - then it would be more enticing. Granted, SHIELD or Hydra soldiers might be a harder sell, but maybe not.

Quote

If you think of a Joker's goon or henchmen there is not a particular uniform or motif that makes it recognisable enough to base a BP around in my opinion.

Well, that's where creativity and drawing inspiration from various sources comes into play. It doesn't necessarily have to be 'recognizable', it has to be enticing to the core demographic that is interested in the theme - that's who BPs are for, anyway. If you put together a BP of four unique Joker henchmen and emblazoned the cardboard/box with a picture of Batman fighting The Joker, the context makes it 'recognizable'. Look at how well the Collectible Minifigures sell - mainly due to being very unique in both design and accessories. Design a BP of henchmen with those same ideals and it would most definitely sell.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

The SVG Decals Library - Discuss on EB | Contribute on GitHub

#161 just2good

just2good

  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 6167
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Here are my predictions for the 2013 sets... :grin:
Basically, I'll list all my predictions by wave, along with the possible new figures

DC:
Jan. 2013 (around December 2012)
3 Batman (not TDKR) sets ($13, $20, $50) (Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Nightwing, Commissioner Gordan, Manbat, Clayface)
1 Special Edition GL:TAS set ($40)
May 2013 (around the time Toy Story 3 sets came out in 2010)
4 Man of Steel sets ($12, $20, $50, $90)
1 D2C Batman set OR Special Edition Beware the Batman set ($150) (Arkham Asylum/Wayne Manor) (previously mentioned figures)

Marvel:
Jan. 2013 (around December 2012)
1 D2C Avengers set ($120) (Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Black Widow, Steve Rogers, Thor, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Phil Coulson) (Helicarrier?)
April 2013 (around the time Avengers sets came out in 2012)
2 X-Men sets ($25, $50) (Both will include Wolverine, one with his mask)
4 Iron Man 3 sets ($12, $20, $50, $80)
1 Special Edition Iron Man 3 set ($40)
October 2013
3 Thor 2 sets ($12, $20, $70)

Edited by just2good, 22 June 2012 - 11:56 PM.


#162 sologuy369

sologuy369

    Posts: 725
    Joined: 07-July 09
    Member: 6609
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

View Postjust2good, on 22 June 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Here are my predictions for the 2013 sets... :grin:
Basically, I'll list all my predictions by wave, along with the possible new figures

Marvel:
Jan. 2013 (around December 2012)
1 D2C Avengers set ($120) (Hulk, Bruce Banner, Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America, Thor, Nick Fury)

I don't think another Avengers set will sell well. Sure, it's a great line,  but more sets with most of the same figs :wacko: . I just don't know. Not that I don't want a Nick Fury minifig :sweet: .
-Everyone, feel to call me Mr. Solo!
-My Brickshelf

Posted Image

Future reviews... if I can learn how to upload pictures from My Pictures :>
-ETX Alien Infiltrator
-Squidman's escape
-CW clone bp
-2004 speedboat
-gray w/orange case hockey guy
   -and way more!!!

-Visit the "So you think you can cook?" topic here and find out about the new comic show. I need your support.

#163 LMB10

LMB10

    Posts: 370
    Joined: 15-January 12
    Member: 24233

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

View Postsologuy369, on 22 June 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

I don't think another Avengers set will sell well. Sure, it's a great line,  but more sets with most of the same figs :wacko: . I just don't know. Not that I don't want a Nick Fury minifig :sweet: .

I'd argue that it would. Add in enough characetrs people want (Banner, Fury) and actually have a decent build na dpeople will buy it. Personally I'm fine with having multiples of characters.

#164 just2good

just2good

  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 6167
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postsologuy369, on 22 June 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

I don't think another Avengers set will sell well. Sure, it's a great line,  but more sets with most of the same figs :wacko: . I just don't know. Not that I don't want a Nick Fury minifig :sweet: .
Like 'LMB10' said, I think it will. Compare a possible D2C Avengers set to 10217 Diagon Alley. I will even go as far to edit my original post and add Hawkeye. :grin:
Also, I edited it to take out the Hulk. That's one figure I don't think it will include, but it might include a Bruce Banner figure, and just Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, not their Super Hero counterparts.
Avengers is the 3rd highest grossing film of all time. :wink:
Oh, and the only problem with a D2C Avengers set I see is what place would the set be based on? Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by just2good, 22 June 2012 - 10:33 PM.


#165 LMB10

LMB10

    Posts: 370
    Joined: 15-January 12
    Member: 24233

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

View Postjust2good, on 22 June 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Oh, and the only problem with a D2C Avengers set I see is what place would the set be based on? Does anyone have any ideas?


Helicarrier.  :cry_happy:

#166 Sam892

Sam892

    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 04-November 11
    Member: 21426
    Country: England

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

View Postjust2good, on 22 June 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Here are my predictions for the 2013 sets... :grin:
Some good predictions for next year here are mine:
DC
Batboat Batman and the Penguin plus a hostage or henchmen, about £40
Arkham Asylum includes Hugo strange, Batman, Nightwing,Scarecrow,two doctors and Killer croc £80
Mr Frezzes lab includes Batgirl, commisioner Gordon, Mr Freeze, Batman and Robin £50
the justic league includes Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, The Flash and Green Arrow about £60
3 Man of Steel sets
1 or 2 Green lanturn

Marvel
X-men BlackBird includes Toad,Quick silver, Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler and Pyro £70
X-mansion includes Professor X, Cyclops, Rouge, Gambit, Beast, Scarlet Witch and Juggernaut about £80-120
Sentinel attack includes Iceman, Angle and Colossus plus brick built Sentinel £20
2 ultimate Spiderman Sets with Venom, Spiderman, Mary Jane, Nova, Luke Cage and Task master
3 Ironman 3 sets
1 Ironman 2 set
1 Ironman 1 set
3 Thor sets

I think that there will be more waves next year and a visual Dictionary for Marvel covering the previous Spider-man theme and the current Marvel theme.

#167 sologuy369

sologuy369

    Posts: 725
    Joined: 07-July 09
    Member: 6609
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

View Postjust2good, on 22 June 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Also, I edited it to take out the Hulk. That's one figure I don't think it will include, but it might include a Bruce Banner figure, and just Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, not their Super Hero counterparts.
Well, if it had the heroes as themselves and not in superheroes costumes, then I would buy it. In fact, TLC should really make that set right now!

Minifigs for the set;

Bruce Banner
Steve Rogers in green shirt
Thor(no alter ego)
Tony stark
Agent Phil colson
That female SHEILD agent
SHEILD agent
Nick Fury!!!
-Everyone, feel to call me Mr. Solo!
-My Brickshelf

Posted Image

Future reviews... if I can learn how to upload pictures from My Pictures :>
-ETX Alien Infiltrator
-Squidman's escape
-CW clone bp
-2004 speedboat
-gray w/orange case hockey guy
   -and way more!!!

-Visit the "So you think you can cook?" topic here and find out about the new comic show. I need your support.

#168 Vindice

Vindice

    Posts: 557
    Joined: 23-September 10
    Member: 13399
    Country: U.K

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

View Postvynsane, on 22 June 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Well, that's where creativity and drawing inspiration from various sources comes into play. It doesn't necessarily have to be 'recognizable', it has to be enticing to the core demographic that is interested in the theme - that's who BPs are for, anyway. If you put together a BP of four unique Joker henchmen and emblazoned the cardboard/box with a picture of Batman fighting The Joker, the context makes it 'recognizable'. Look at how well the Collectible Minifigures sell - mainly due to being very unique in both design and accessories. Design a BP of henchmen with those same ideals and it would most definitely sell.

Fair points, after playing the new LEGo Batman 2 game today it looks as though a lot of the jokers henchmen are being based on the Clown and Mime from the collectible minifig range. They look awesome too!! maybe no need to make a BP now.
"Bolted doors and windows barred, guard dogs prowling in the yard, won't protect you in your bed, nothing will, from PUMPKINHEAD"

#169 Faefrost

Faefrost

  • Fire Policefighter


    Posts: 4722
    Joined: 10-April 12
    Member: 27890
    Country: USA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostVindice, on 24 June 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Fair points, after playing the new LEGo Batman 2 game today it looks as though a lot of the jokers henchmen are being based on the Clown and Mime from the collectible minifig range. They look awesome too!! maybe no need to make a BP now.

I don't think they can make a DC or Marvel Superheroes themed Battlepack. even if it is just a pack of clowns and mimes. The "Construction set" vs "Action Figure" license applies. As soon as they call it a Superheroes set they run into the problem. Now if they made a "Circus" set  :thumbup:

My prediction is we will see the Robin Jetcopter vs the Jokers super speed boat, as seen in the first chapter of the game. It just seems like a nice mix, with a good 2 vehicle build.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#170 Sam892

Sam892

    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 04-November 11
    Member: 21426
    Country: England

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostFaefrost, on 27 June 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

I don't think they can make a DC or Marvel Superheroes themed Battlepack. even if it is just a pack of clowns and mimes. The "Construction set" vs "Action Figure" license applies. As soon as they call it a Superheroes set they run into the problem. Now if they made a "Circus" set  :thumbup:

My prediction is we will see the Robin Jetcopter vs the Jokers super speed boat, as seen in the first chapter of the game. It just seems like a nice mix, with a good 2 vehicle build.
I don't think the action figure licence applies since Lego sell superhero ultra builds which are considered action figures. I think the action figure licence only applies to star wars themes.

#171 Faefrost

Faefrost

  • Fire Policefighter


    Posts: 4722
    Joined: 10-April 12
    Member: 27890
    Country: USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

View PostSam892, on 27 June 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

I don't think the action figure licence applies since Lego sell superhero ultra builds which are considered action figures. I think the action figure licence only applies to star wars themes.

I think the ultrabuilds sort of skirt the rules by being a "build it yourself" action figure, which technically makes it a construction set. There seems to be some basic level of pieces vs figs that they need for most of the licensed stuff. It isn't limited to just Star Wars. It is pretty much any case where you will see action figures in the toy aisle. So Star Wars, Superheroes, etc. (although they did manage to get around it for PotC, so there is hope.)
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#172 Hawkman

Hawkman

    Posts: 990
    Joined: 09-May 12
    Member: 28502
    Country: United States

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostSam892, on 27 June 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

I don't think the action figure licence applies since Lego sell superhero ultra builds which are considered action figures. I think the action figure licence only applies to star wars themes.

View PostFaefrost, on 28 June 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

I think the ultrabuilds sort of skirt the rules by being a "build it yourself" action figure, which technically makes it a construction set. There seems to be some basic level of pieces vs figs that they need for most of the licensed stuff. It isn't limited to just Star Wars. It is pretty much any case where you will see action figures in the toy aisle. So Star Wars, Superheroes, etc. (although they did manage to get around it for PotC, so there is hope.)

I'd have to agree with the earlier post that the action figure license issue probably has more to do with who holds the license in question. It's not so much Hasbro's decision as they make the action figures, it's more the decision of who owns the intellectual property. We all know that Lucas is pretty tight about the Star Wars license and I can see where he would want stipulations in place to get the most amount of profit he could. Meanwhile, Disney seems less concerned about such restrictions and might be fine with Marvel Lego battle packs.

I mean, right now we have Diamond Select Marvel Minimates that are basically block style figures being sold in two-packs, while Hasbro sells action figures in the same toy aisle. If those two can co-exist, then so can Lego.
I used to be a Lego Maniac, then I took a 1x4 brick in the knee.

#173 Faefrost

Faefrost

  • Fire Policefighter


    Posts: 4722
    Joined: 10-April 12
    Member: 27890
    Country: USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

View PostHawkman, on 28 June 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:



I mean, right now we have Diamond Select Marvel Minimates that are basically block style figures being sold in two-packs, while Hasbro sells action figures in the same toy aisle. If those two can co-exist, then so can Lego.

Don't go by Diamond. They fall into some weird licensing category. Mainly because they are considered a direct sale and not through major retail chains. They have always occupied a strange place that seems outside the normal licensing rules.

We shall see how it all plays out. But my gut suspicion is since Hasbro has the license for at least the Marvel / Avengers figs, and they are known to kick up a full, that we will not be seeing any Battlepacks.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#174 Drock

Drock

    Posts: 415
    Joined: 03-February 09
    Member: 5197
    Country: United States

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

As far as DC, I think next year Batman is going to cool off :(

I think we'll only get two Batman sets - probably the two best-known villains who didn't show up in 2012:
Batboat / Some sort of Penguin watercraft
Something with Mr. Freeze

Three Man of Steel sets - no clue what they would be yet.

One Green Lantern set - now that the cartoon has been on for a little bit.  I haven't really watched the cartoon - except snippets while my son watches it - so I don't know what to expect.

#175 Hammerstein NWC

Hammerstein NWC

    Posts: 550
    Joined: 20-May 12
    Member: 28710
    Country: Sarnia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostFaefrost, on 28 June 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

Don't go by Diamond. They fall into some weird licensing category. Mainly because they are considered a direct sale and not through major retail chains. They have always occupied a strange place that seems outside the normal licensing rules.

We shall see how it all plays out. But my gut suspicion is since Hasbro has the license for at least the Marvel / Avengers figs, and they are known to kick up a full, that we will not be seeing any Battlepacks.

This all sounds very reasonable but can lego not get around this in the same way they did with POTC battle packs. The Figures are still construction toys in that they are made up of parts. If Lego really wanted surely they could just sell them disassembled - although this would probably require a change in packing to make them more appealling from a marketing/shelf prospective?
Trying to win over a tough crowd at Eurobricks!

Check me out on Flickr!  http://www.flickr.co...os/strawdog316/
Comments criticism and feedback always welcome!





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batman, Joker, Lego DC Superheros, Lego, SuperHeroes, Spiderman, cullmancreatons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users