#1 Vojiste

Vojiste

Member: 10326

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

6073 - Knight's Castle

Released: 1984
Pieces: 386
Minifigs: 6

This is my first review on eurobricks. I managed to buy this set for extremely good price of only 20 euros (complete set with instructions and box). Light gray bricks were significantly yellowed, but with use of hydrogen peroxide I have managed to rectify it (almost completely).

First you can see front and back side of the box:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Manual is quite clear and most of the building steps are presented precise enough:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All bricks used for building the castle. Most of the bricks are old light gray.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Small, but mighty, Black Falcon's crew:

Posted Image

Building process presented in several photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally Knight's Castle in its full glory:

Posted Image

There is great option to open castle (as with most of the castles from that period):

Posted Image

Posted Image

And for the end picture of the castle with closed main gate:

Posted Image

At the end of this review I can conclude that this set is really small treasure :-). I have enjoyed very much in building it. Mainly basic bricks are being used, but it is really amazing how some idea's in this set are creative. Since this is set from 1984 all flag's are made in green-white combination which has been changed later to blue-white.

I would not rate this set since this is pure classic.

I hope that you have enjoyed in this review :-).

Edited by Vojiste, 15 December 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#2 Hive

Hive

• Friendsified!

Member: 9979

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

A true classic indeed, and good price I must say! All those grey wall pieces almost makes me drool...

I didn't really think much of the green/white flag combination untill you pointed it out, but now that I looked more closely I actually really really like the combo. It mixes well.

How long did the build take you?

#3 Vojiste

Vojiste

Member: 10326

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

View PostHive, on 16 December 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

A true classic indeed, and good price I must say! All those grey wall pieces almost makes me drool...

I didn't really think much of the green/white flag combination untill you pointed it out, but now that I looked more closely I actually really really like the combo. It mixes well.

How long did the build take you?

It took me about one hour with photo shooting.

#4 Brinstar

Brinstar

Member: 21451

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

You got an excellent deal there, 20 euro's is an absolute bargain especially as you had the means to remove the yellowing. I've tried to buy this set on ebay but it tends to go for a very high price, especially for a set its size. As a mid-sized castle set I like it a lot. Although not as good as 6074 Black Falcon's fortress I think it remains one of the better classic castle sets. The structure itself looks good if a little plain and it comes with a good number of Black Falcons. As with a number of sets from that era, the modularity enables it to be connected to other sets to make a much larger castle. I don't understand why Lego hasn't done this with any of there castle themes since the 80s.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users