Sign in to follow this  
wokajablocka

Maxi Astromech droid

gallery_101_23_281.gif

After seeing Dapper-D2's astromech droid found heremade from the UCS Obi Starfigter head it gave me insparation to finnaly work on mine.

Here it is. I tyryed to get a colour scheem going on this driod while trying to keep the proportions and scale right.

Fount

dsc00152.jpg

3/4 side view

dsc00153.jpg

Back view

dsc00154.jpg

Frount view 2 legs, ready to interface into a control pannel

dsc00155.jpg

Side view, 2 legs, ready to interface into a control pannel

dsc00156.jpg

Its not bad and if I get time between my ROJ community build I will make a few adjustments. I wanted to get the legs a bit wider. C & C welcome.

I like the body, but I think the legs are either too long or too skinny. Despite this, solid MOC :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

I like the body, but I think the legs are either too long or too skinny. Despite this, solid MOC :thumbup:

When I was building it I had a small hasbro R2 fig to work off. The proportions are almost correct but I think that the thin circular legs makes them look too tall. I want to work on them and change them as well. I would have like to get the legs and foot pivit like the real droid but couldn't think of anything in that scale.

Comparrison pic

dsc00157.jpg

Edited by wokajablocka

I would change the body a little, maybe making it a little more detail while taking the risk of making it slightly less cylindrical. That could work well and make it more realistic! Try making the body like this:

3409262739_cb0fd9eb3e.jpg

I would change the body a little, maybe making it a little more detail while taking the risk of making it slightly less cylindrical. That could work well and make it more realistic! Try making the body like this:

I might play around with the body as well. I just want to keep it to the current colour scheem so part selection may be a problem, but who knows waht I might come up with. I dont have a great selection of dark red elements.

Edited by wokajablocka

The front leg may be a bit too tall throwing the proportions of a bit but this is still a really great MOC wokajablocka.

Here's one that's not a toy:

http://astromech.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2230&g2_serialNumber=1

And another:

http://astromech.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2511&g2_serialNumber=1

Looking at it again and I think the legs are fine, but the feet are too big/tall.

Going off the above pictures, the feet seem about right for me. If anything, I think that the gray piece in the middle is causing the body to look too thin. And yes, I think the legs could use a bit of beefing up as well. :wink:

Nice use of the faucet piece, by the way. It's simple, but it adds that little bit of detail. :thumbup:

Edited by fallenangel309

Thanks guys for the C & C, I will try to get around to making some mods on this when I get time. Currently I'm working on my ROJ CB. I will try to shorten the feet and middle leg. I might try another approch to the body as well.

Edited by wokajablocka

I like it just the way it is! Kudos!

Thanks Dapper, I would not of done it if I hadn't seen your and got motivated to build it. Ever since I got the UCS Starfighter I always wanted to build a maxi astromech but dint have many ideas running through my mind untill I saw yours.