MOC: Pokemon Charmeleon

7 replies to this topic

#1 lisqr

lisqr

• Dr. Lord of Lava

Member: 8776

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

Posted Image
For a while I had the title of pokemon master (now I'm lord of lava), not sure how I got it. But to live up to that title and to keep up with my pokemon mocs, here's Charmeleon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy  :sweet:

Edited by Rufus, 01 January 2012 - 12:48 PM.
Indexed

#2 Tricornicus

Tricornicus

Member: 19373

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

The shaping around the eyes is top-notch. Good stuff!

#3 Cutty

Cutty

Member: 217

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

Easily one of your best pocket monsters yet. Shaping, proportion, execution, posing: all opposable thumbs up.  Kudos!
That flame-piece for its tail flame is the ultimate choice. Any other combination just wouldn't cut it! Double kudos!

Thanks for showing and be well!
Cutty
This is Cutty. You are not Cutty. Not at all...

#4 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

I love MOCs like this one- no weird technicues, and it looks like real! Great job on face- its beautiful.
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#5 Stormbringer

Stormbringer

• Master Dragon Trainer

Member: 18000

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:18 AM

I love this scale to Pokemon and has me thinking of a few ideas myself. Charmeleon certainly has that anime look and great work shapping his body.
The only thing I'm not happy with is the photography, where the color red is all distorted. I wish there is some way to fix that (which happens to my pics as well).

#6 lisqr

lisqr

• Dr. Lord of Lava

Member: 8776

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:02 AM

View PostStormbringer, on 15 December 2011 - 04:18 AM, said:

I love this scale to Pokemon and has me thinking of a few ideas myself. Charmeleon certainly has that anime look and great work shapping his body.
The only thing I'm not happy with is the photography, where the color red is all distorted. I wish there is some way to fix that (which happens to my pics as well).

I originally intended to have pokemons all to scale. Like Charmeleon is half the size of Charizard. But that didn't work out too well. But I still like this scale because you can do trainers of the same scale.  :sweet:   That's my next project.

Red came out ok in my photo, but my resize tool really messed up the red. I don't have the time to mess with photoshop now. But I'll do it later with all my pokemon mocs.

#7 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Member: 3241

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:24 AM

I love your pokemon man!  I think you're doing a really nice job with the series.  In this case, I think it looks a little off.  Still instantly recognizable, but a little off.  The bottom of his mouth is not as rounded as I feel it should be, and seems to hang out a little more than it should.  The back of the neck loses some roundness too, but the fact that I only have two, minor suggestions proves how nice it is!  I'd also improve the photography, the model is great but the pictures are a little blurry and I don't know if you're doing your work justice.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

#8 Puffkuki

Puffkuki

Member: 23557

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:43 AM

POKEMON!! That is so cool.  I've sometimes wondered what pokemon would look like if they were made of Lego.  I'd love to have a mini Pikachu and make up an ash minifig.  Great job  :sweet:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users