New Option for Dual Motor PF Locomotives

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Lazarus

Member: 28748

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

i should be buying some of the R motors soon i will test it out just waiting on cash you know how it is

#27 hoeij

Member: 10641

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Postmostlytechnic, on 14 December 2011 - 04:07 PM, said:

I wanted to dual-motor some of my locomotives, but didn't want the expense or space to add the pole reverser to do it the "official" way. Given that, I tried opening up a motor and found that it's actually pretty simple to make it run reverse.
Thanks for the detailed info.  I agree that this is the best way to do it, it saves money on a reverser, and saves space as well.

And, each time you want to double-power another locomotive, you'll end up saving time, just put in a regular and a reversed motor, connect, and off you go!

#28 ritzcrackerman

Member: 35311

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

Sorry to bump this topic - but wanted to share my own success story.  I did your revised method, but still found it a little tight to get everything back together, so I did still remove that tab of plastic as per your original instructions.

I will totally be doing this again.  I've got all the power I need in a full-sized tender with two motors to power my 8-wide engine and cars.  Great alternative to getting the reverser and the whole bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users